Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Prayers for you and your family Michelle.

Hope you feel better Judy!!

I am late in getting moving this morning. Been up, just sitting and basically doing nothing!!

Have a good day!!!

Sorry I've been quiet for a couple days. I went and had lunch at the school yesterday. Of course, Gia asked me if she could come home then and not wait until the end of the day. Nope. You were out of school yesterday. After I picked her up in the afternoon, I was so sleepy and fell asleep for a two hour nap. She fell asleep before I did and napped for a while too.

Today that's all I have done is sleep. I think I must have gotten overwhelmed with all that is going on. I hope I can do this for the long haul. I am trying to tell myself that every step in the right direction is good and I cannot fix everything in one day.

Apparently, Gia was quite destructive at her house, but since she hasn't exhibited any of those behaviors here, I think it must have been the anger over being ignored and trying to get attention any way possible. DSS is finding her a therapist which I am very glad to hear!

I really appreciate all your support while I figure out how to be a mom with not much notice!!

I am home now. I am exhausted. Emotionally drained.

My SIL arrived to take my place in NJ through the weekend. It is our hope that MIL will get stronger little by little each day, that FIL & MIL will get in to an effective daily routine, and that the visiting nurses will get into their routine of regular visits (tomorrow will be the first), so that they can get back into a more normal schedule and not feel like we're "babysitting" them.

Today we went to the oncologist & MIL agreed to the proposed treatment plan... she'll get her port placed on Weds and have her first chemo treatment on Thurs... she'll have it 1x/week for 3 weeks, then 1 week off, then 1x/week for 3 more weeks, then re-test. She is so so so weak that I wonder how her body will manage it, but we'll see. That was the problem this morning... FIL & I came this close to call the ambulance for her as she couldn't wake up or eat or anything... it was very scary... much like yesterday afternoon when she started hallucinating. And like each day w/trying to make sure she's not dehydrated. Like I've said... not a good situation or prognosis and just so emotionally draining.

I am going to pour myself a glass of wine that dh kindly got for me for my return... & go upstairs & get ready for bed.

Thanks for the purple lovin'!!

Came by to check on you Michelle...sooo much love and support coming your way from Cali! xooxox

another early morning meeting! Hopefully this will be the last special one and it will just be the regular ones.

Hope everyone has a great day and great weekend!

Good morning, Violets..

It's a cloudy, misty day here today. Temp is 39. I had hoped to get out on my Trykke, but that's not going to happen. I'm feeling lots better, the cough is almost gone and I can breathe again. Thank goodness I'll be healthy for the two concerts next week. Our Wind Song flute quartet is also going to be playing background music at the Wedding Expo next Saturday. It will be a dress rehearsal for our concert on Sunday afternoon.

Nothing on the agenda today except a church ladies luncheon in a half hour. I'm going to get the ingredients for spaghetti sauce and we'll have spaghetti for supper. We haven't had that in ages.. I figure I can have a lot of sauce and a little spaghetti.

Michelle... you're in my thoughts all the time. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a relaxing weekend. Bob is going out of town for a meeting tomorrow so I'm on my own. My new desktop computer is supposed to arrive tomorrow so that will be something to look forward to.

Hey chickies~

OMG tired doesn't begin to cut it. Sheer exhaustion and Sus is doing all the work. I "get" to come to work today and she is having Closet World install our garage units, furniture delivery, front door rekeyed, and I'll join her in the afternoon for cable/internet guy, and pool company!!! Then in the evening, we are back to the "old" house and pack what little is left. Movers tomorrow @ 7:30...then back and forth. I am going to Wally World after school to buy the shelf liner so I can put the kitchen in order. For some reason, that has to be first...can't think clearly if I can't find a glass. I gotta say, I AM THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD. My sweetheart has done so much of this on her own...and w/o complaining. I think she likes to solitude and not having me bugging her...but I appreciate everything she has done.

Other than that, just enjoying the appetite from the prednisone. We've eaten like shit all week, fast food, pizza, etc. Susanne ate lunch last night at 10:45pm!!! Of course, lunch was left over pizza from Wed.night...yeah, we are both ready for this to be over. MIL will be here Sat w/ the dinning room hutch. I am glad that will be in and settled, but I was kinda hoping to have our first night to ourselves...OH WELL..I am not complaining cause everyone is helping us so much. I was dreaming about the cuzzi and champagne!!! LOL, I guess I'll wait until next weekend to really Celebrate. Plus, knowing Sus she wont be able to relax until stuff is put away!

OK...sorry for the blahblahblah.

Michelle, how is MIL today? hope all is well and that the visiting nurses are helping them set a routine.

xoxoxoxo...be back in a couple of days!

Good Sat Morn, Vi's~~

Wow Pam... what a whirlwind! You and S are BOTH lucky to have each other... you compliment each other's strengths so well and are so appreciative of each other... what a love story!! The move is almost over and you can get on w/the rest of your lives in your fabu love nest! When does Klausy make the move? Still just so excited for you both!!

MIL is stable, we focus on "baby steps" in improvement... are hoping for an uneventful few days until Thurs, which will be her first chemo treatment. Fingers crossed.

DH is in Atlanta for his co's annual meeting. DS just left for a soccer weekend in Va (another mom is kindly taking him & keeping him all weekend, they got free hotel rooms because of a tournament snafu), DD & I will go over to tomorrow's games (we'll have to leave here @ 6:30AM, yikes!). I'm about to leave to take DD to the barn all day, her fav day of the week! And me? I'll come home, clean the house, and then @ Noon my mom, sis, aunt & cousin are coming and we're all going to a Longaberber/Vera Bradley Bingo for the HS... am looking forward to some silly girl time... need it!

Am trying to get back on the frickin' wagon... I did my best the past week, but... wasn't so good.

Everyone have a great day & weekend!

Michelle, be easy on yourself, you have a lot on your plate, and don't add beating yourself up as another!!!

I have a slow day at work today, then I go help my mom and dad with Anna. Then tomorrow we go see "Osage County", it has Estelle Parson in the lead. She was the mother in Rosanne, I never watched that show, but she still looks familiar so she was in something else, Judy do you know?

I had put some girl scout Cookies in the freezer at work about two weeks ago. I ate the lemon ones real fast, had a few of the cranberry ones and didn't really care for them so passed them on, then I had a full box of a kind of yummy cookie with no nuts that were calling my name. Each day they became louder and louder! I finally gave in and ate 12 or 13 cookies yesterday. Then I threw the box away with a few cookies left in the box. Glad they are gone.

Well off to work for me! Have a great day!

Good afternoon, Violets...

Michelle.. my Lenten promise fell by the wayside this week also. BUT I have new motivation. Kathy, my friend who had lapband also, told her weight today and she weighs exactly the same as I do...so the WAR is on!!! I WILL weigh less than her!! I'd been guessing what she weighed and though she weighed less than I do. At Breakfast this morning, she had 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast and some hash browns. I had 2 eggs, 1 piece of toast and no potatoes. The battle begins!

We had support group today and there were only 6 of us there. The weather is yucky and must have kept people away. We usually have 12 - 15 in attendance. Bob has FINALLY decided he needs to call and make an appointment to see the doc to decide if he needs another fill. I might even have a teeny one put in when we go.

Janie.. Estelle Parsons used to be on the Today show long ago and she got an oscar for best supporting actress in Bonny and Clyde. I loved her on Rosanne. Actually LOVED that show and watch the reruns whenever I can.

Off to do some laundry and wait for my new puter to arrive.

Everyone have a good weekend!!

Fil just called... mil has changed her mind & is not going to do chemotherapy... hospice came today for initial eval... so now it is just a matter of time. Dh doesn't know yet. I may go back up to be w Fil, so he can just focus on her & not the house/food/phone, etc. He ' ll let me know tomorrow. Sil left today... don't know why she couldn't stay ... makes me mad! I m so sad.

Michelle... so sorry to hear your news. Hospice will be a blessing for your mil and fil. They were wonderful with my Dad. I can certainly understand your mil's decision not to do the chemo considering how you described her condition. I know this is a very difficult time for you all. Know that even though I am not there in person, you have my love and prayers with you at all times.