Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Anybody else following the Apple announcement going on right now?

DH is working from home today, so he's streaming it live... it's called the "iPad" -- yes, let the femine-hygiene jokes begin ("Does it come in iMini and iMaxi? With iWings?"). To me, the un-geeky, it looks like a bigger iPhone. Eh.

nope, no apple stuff for me... i guess i'm just a microsoft kinda gal, LOL

judy - OH i'm sure Juan would love to know that somewhere on the internet there is a countdown for when we are gonna get it on, LOL...

same here pam, if you get a new house i'm coming! I love your town! oh and of course you too :smile2:

wait, i just looked at the ipad. I'm confused as to what it is. It's a giant smart phone?? why would anyone carry that around? can you imagine taking a call on that thing?? am i stooopppiiiddd??

I personnally wouldn't go for the iPad but it just shows where we are headed. Our phones, televisions, video games, laptops, etc are all merging into one device.

Eventually they will probably all fit in a pocket . . . but who wants to watch something so small. Perhaps the next step are special 3D glasses kinda like bifocals so you can live half your life in the real world and half in never never land, lol.

Actually it kind of makes you wonder about our future as we become more technologically advanced. It probably bodes well for something such as banding. If we never have to get off the sofa to do anything like shopping, working, etc, etc . . . I imagine it will continue to have a detrimental impact on many of our waistlines.

Good afternoon, Violets...

Well, Gramma is back home and Grady's mommy and daddy are back with him. He was kinda stunned when they walked in the door. He kept looking from one to the other, back and forth. Too cute!!!

I brought Ethan back to his daddy and now I'm just relaxing a bit before Choir rehearsal tonight.

Kris brought me a pretty Pandora bead from Hawaii and brought Bob a Hawaiian shirt. I would love to go back there someday.

I think I might have a morning off tomorrow. Joe hasn't had any work all week and if he doesn't tomorrow, then Ethan will stay with him and I'll have all day to get this house back in order and do some grocery shopping. I've been doing great on my eating except for a little slip up yesterday. I had a Klondike bar at Kris's. First ice cream in weeks and weeks. Last one for months and months!!! I've been looking at dresses for May. Never too early to start the quest!!

Off to choir and then dinner with the Bobster and friends. Everyone have a good evening.

Michelle.. loved the pics!!!

Heather...great stats!! I wish I was a successful with the band as you have been. But I'll get there one day.... hopefully by May 15th!!

I'm a Windows girl, too... but dh & the kids are all mac users... they mock me that I'm the nerdly Windows guy & they're the cool Apple dude on the commercials... just one of the unspoken joys of motherhood... having your fam mock you...

I don't think the iPad is a phone... just all the other stuff... music, pictures, videos, e-mail, documents, etc. So I'm confused, too... I thought the idea was to have just 1 tool for everything, and also, to make it smaller/more portable... this seems like it's going the wrong direction size-wise. Hm. Altho it is smaller/lighter weight than a laptop... but not as portable as an iTouch or iPhone. & of course, there'll have to be the "iPouch" to carry it in, w/out making it look like a purse for the dudes... One of the Twitter "jokes" was "if only it was small enough to fit in my pocket... oh wait..." So I dunno... I'm not geeky enough to be all tizzed out about it... but dh was enthralled. & of course they didn't announce what everyone really wanted to know: price & availability date.

I'm a Windows girl, too... but dh & the kids are all mac users... they mock me that I'm the nerdly Windows guy & they're the cool Apple dude on the commercials... just one of the unspoken joys of motherhood... having your fam mock you...

I don't think the iPad is a phone... just all the other stuff... music, pictures, videos, e-mail, documents, etc. So I'm confused, too... I thought the idea was to have just 1 tool for everything, and also, to make it smaller/more portable... this seems like it's going the wrong direction size-wise. Hm. Altho it is smaller/lighter weight than a laptop... but not as portable as an iTouch or iPhone. & of course, there'll have to be the "iPouch" to carry it in, w/out making it look like a purse for the dudes... One of the Twitter "jokes" was "if only it was small enough to fit in my pocket... oh wait..." So I dunno... I'm not geeky enough to be all tizzed out about it... but dh was enthralled. & of course they didn't announce what everyone really wanted to know: price & availability date.

After months of rampant speculation, Apple2_bing.gif Wednesday announced a touchscreen tablet computer, the "iPad" for consumers who want to take their movies, TV shows, music, games and reading with them, be it around the house or on the go. Pricing starts at $499, and it should be available in 60 to 90 days.

My investment club has Apple!! We be happy about that!! We also had the baby b's berkshire!! We finally have made good choices!!

On a serious note, I think they have discontinued my cologne. I only have been wearing this for 20+ years. The other cologne I wore was discontinued about 10 years ago. I wear K de Krizia, it has gotten very hard to find over the years, but now!!! Oh my gosh!!! I used to switch between krizia and a fragrance by Borghese, I believe it was Di Borghese? Anyways Ebay here I come!!!

Good morning, Violets..

10 degrees here this morning.. brrrrrrrr!! I went to bed early last night and read a bit, before falling asleep around 10. Got up at 8:30 this morning. This was one pooped Gramma. But nothing on the agenda today except flute rehearsal tonight at 6:30. No babysitting, no traveling, no nuttin.

Janie.. I ran out of my MIL's perfume that I loved and found it on Ebay. You never know what you can find there!

Bob has a meeting out of town this morning, so I'm on my own. Time to get some things done around the house now that I'm here for a bit. Also going to get plane tickets!!

Off to find something for Breakfast. I finished the last of the tuna yesterday.

Hey Girls~

Man, I have not felt well for 2 days. Not sick...but my head hurts. Uggg...I have a meeting all day then getting my color done.

We looked at a few houses last night. I think we are still leaning towards the dream house. I want to sell this one. I have a $650 note on it, and could rent it out for about 12-1400, but then my ins goes up and as 2 of you know...this is an old house (a good one, but old). So, after thisthatandtheother, I wouldn't get much income from it. I'd rather sell it at a "priced to sell" price, then put the extra on the new principal. NO WONDER MY HEAD HURTS. We are rationalizing it this way...this will be our last house...and we are getting up there a bit (Sus will be 47 on March 6th!). Instead of spending our $ on a ton of this and that, we should focus our dollars to our dream. SIGH...I'll keep you posted...let me know if I bore you!!!

Did you see the lady who lived to be 110??? wow!

Janie, I would think the internet, if not just ebay, would be a great place for you to find it. I'd be hella pissed, I LOVE my smellygoods!

Judy, glad they got home ok! I bet Ethan was shocked!!! Do you ever just "sit"? I'd be couch bound after a week w/ a 3 yr old!

Michelle and Haydee, (all the girls) mi casa es su casa...where ever the house is. I'd LOVELOVELOVE to host the next get together AT MY DREAM HOUSE!!!

OK...off to put my face on. I am wearing sweats today...just to sit in a meeting, I don't need to bring my A game!

LOVE you girls!

PamELA... it wasn't Ethan, it was Grady. Well, actually there were days when I had both of them for the day. And yup.. it wore me out. But I'm so thrilled that I can be close enough to be able to help out like I do. I also am loving my alone time today. Just finishing up some blueberries and cream while the first load of laundry "cooks". I have neglected my journal for a few days so need to get back to that.

And for the record.. you could never be boring, PamELa.. not in a gazillion years!!

Good morning!

A slow start, but I'm picking up steam!

Here's a funny sign advertising the night's "specials" at a restaurant on the Island... it's not chicken foot, but maybe it's lost in translation, lol:

post-68126-13813670330894_thumb.jpg

Enjoy the day!

post-214707-13813139085984_thumb.jpg

Judy, you must have more energy than me. Ayla just about wears me out and you can take on not only Ethan but Grady as well.

Pamela, that house is still awesome. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Janie, it is too bad about your cologne. I know with me I am really particular and I only like what I like. Thank goodness for the internet where you can find just about anything. :0)

Haydee, how is wedding planning going. Do you have most things already worked out by now?

Have a lovely day everyone!!!

Good day!!

I am being kind of lazy today, not going in til late. Nose is all stuffed up. Got at least one perfume on Ebay. I used to get it on Ebay all the time because it was the cheapest place to get it! I am bummed out!! Now there are no deals on the cologne.

Oh well, I hope you relax today Judy!!!

Pam I think if you want that house you should get it!! As long as all the numbers line up, and especially if this is your last house!!

Michelle, I knew there was a reason I like american food better!!