Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Morning!

It is six degrees outside! BBBRRRRRRRRR!!!

I need four days off in a row more often!!

Judy I am jealous!! Where exactly is the cruise going?

Okay off to start my day!!!!!

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Another loss on the scale today... I've updated my siggy, so you'll have to keep an eye on that for my periodic updates... the first one is the day before we leave for MX... having a short-term, 1/2-month goal is working well for me... it's short enough to keep me motivated & on track without staring at the ginormous end-result goal and feeling like I'll never make THAT. I'm psyched!

The kids & I are going to the Y today... I'm going to do the treadmill & upper body circuit... my arms are the worst, & probably always will be, dang it!

I came across this in "Off the Couch," a special edition of Oxygen mag & wanted to share:

Tips to Steer Clear of Sabotage:

1. Become committed to living a healthy life.

2. Envision yourself as the lean person you want to be and start living lean today.

3. Surround yourself with like-minded people who know how to take care of themselves in a healthy way.

4. Be true to yourself and your commitment to living a healthy life.

5. Surround yourself with positive messages and images.

6. Celebrate small victories like losing 5 lbs as if they were big victories. 5 lbs is a big deal!

Everyone make it a great day!

Edited by mdrai

Morning Girls~

Michelle, that is OUTSTANDING! I am proud of you and wish I could be as mindful of what goes in. I mean, I CAN...just need to. Congrats...weigh to go (pun intended)! Will you and Judy be in Mex the same time? Not sure the country can handle it...2 violets at once! Where are you going to in Mex?

Judy...omg, I bet your escited (as my kids say). Where are you cruising to? 2.5 weeks of bbysitting...wowser! Whiskey. That is all I'm gonna say :smile2:.

Jane stay warm. I won't mention our temps but the highs are reaching into numbers above the 60's and below the 80's! I swear, I wouldn't leave the house in those temps.

Well, I lifted weights this am. Felt great...haven't done it in a while. Since I've been back I've only done cardio, some abs and obliques, oh yeah...did my back a few times. But today I did a ton; shoulders, triceps, biceps,pecs, upper back, then my fav...upper arm/back/obliques pull (that kicks my ass @ 50 lbs). Sus went w/ me...it was fun!

Kat is sending money for the little girl...I can't believe she is doing that. She saw the story on fb...how sweet!

Judy, so sorry we can't meet up. Oh well...just means we need a violet trip in ps soon!

Speaking of trips, Sus wants to get our TX tix soon...Haydee, is it Houston we fly too? And who remembers where we booked our room...I can't find the receipt.

xoxoxo

HANDBOOK 2010

Health:

1. Drink plenty of Water.

2.. Eat Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.

3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants...

4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.

5. Make time to pray.

6. Play more games.

7. Read more books than you did in 2009.

8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.

9. sleep for 7 hours.

10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:

11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

12 Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.

14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

16. Dream more while you are awake.

17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.

19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

23. Smile and laugh more.

24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Society:

25. Call your family often.

26. Each day give something good to others.

27. Forgive everyone for everything.

28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.

29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

30. What other people think of you is none of your business.

31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:

32. Do the right thing!

33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

34. God heals everything.

35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..

36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..

37. The best is yet to come.

38. When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful for it.

39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

Last but not the least:

40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.

Excellent reminders, Pam! I've copied them & added them to my little "2010 positive energy journal" that I'm creating and carrying w/me in my purse so I have motivation @ my fingertips for when I need it most!

Some of those are definitely harder than others... I might even argue w/a few! LOL! :thumbdown: (Figures, huh?)

I believe Judy's cruising the west coast of Mex... we're going to Isla Mujeres, an island off Cancun, on the eastern side of Mex... I think she comes home the day I leave, or something like that, so the country will be ok w/only 1 Vi visiting @ a time, lol!!

It's flippin' freezing here, too... I think it's high in the low 20s today, not counting wind chill -- & it is WINDY! Basically, it sux. I'll just keep staring @ my avatar pic & knowing that I'll be on the beach soon!!

Time to go grocery shopping... woo. :smile2:

Good afternoon, Violets..

Bob just got home and was able to spell me with Grady till Kris gets back. Boy, that's a full time job being a Gramma!!

We are going to Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. Temps in the lower 80's. I'm so ready. It's 19 here and lots of snow on the ground.

Kudos to you Michelle for being down some more on the scale!!! I weighed in and I'm still the same. Depressing, but not going to throw me off my path this time. I AM going to get to goal in 2010!!

Kris just got here so time for lunch. BBL..

Thanks Michelle, I'll check later when I get home!

Piehole Report:

B: 1 banana (took 1 hour to eat)

1 gran. bar (low sugar)

1/4 cup of granola

(I eat breakfast over a 2-3 hour per...usually I have cottage cheese but it was an off morning)

L: Salad

xoxo

You're doing great, Pam... KUTGW!

Just got back from the Y... whew!... I hadn't been since 9/9! Yikes! No wonder I packed on the lbs! Funny, that, huh? lol!

I managed only 15 mins on the elliptical (the just-leg one, which feels too much like a stair-stepper to me (they're evil!)... I prefer the one where you do the arms & legs (like skiing kinda), but they were all full) + upper body weights. The place was packed -- you can tell it's NY Resolution time @ the Y!

Piehole report for today...

B = van caramel pro shake

L = 1 100 cal piece of cheese, handful of baby carrots in 2 T spicy red pepper hummus, 1 pomegranate (sp?) greek yogurt (have you tried these? 140 cals, 14 g of protein!!)

D = small salad w/tuna, feta, sundried toms, kalamata olives, sunflower seeds & Newman's Own Greek dressing (mmmmm)

Snack = 1 grapefruit or orange & hot green tea w/splenda

6+ glasses of h20

Biggest Loser starts again tonight... I try to watch when I can... I find them very inspirational...

Everyone have a great evening!

ah, hello my violets. so so cold here...

pam - i'm so so sad to hear about that little girl and the loss of her whole family. I can't even imagine what that will be like for her. I'm so glad the community has embraced her and that hopefully she will get some support.

Judy - you are doing so awesome! You are my inspiration! I need to get on the ball... From here on out I'm going to be doing everything I can to try to get my weight down. Not only to look awesome in my wedding dress but we are going to start to try to conceive on our honeymoon so I want to be at a healthy weight...

Michelle - you too! you are doing awesome with your accountability. Oh and you're gonna love isla mujeres. the Water is so beautiful there.

Pammy - ya ya ya i'm so jealous of all your exsersising! however it's spelled! I heard that it's so warm by you right now. so jealous. I'm ready for summer over here! how's klausy doing? any more training? I keep forgetting to ask you how your brother is doing?

Janey- brrrr, it's cold by you too! Did you end up finishing your organizing??

Sorry i've been MIA but I've been working for my mom these past few days since i've been off of work. 5am until 4pm and i'm just exhausted when I get home. I'm actually ready to go back to my 8-5 job tomorrow but I'm glad I could help her these past few days. We were super busy because most other stores in the area closed for the holidays so her sales went UP!

Oh then also I've been doing wedding stuff these past few days. Had a meeting with my florist yesterday, then the mariachi today. Sunday we went to get the boys fitted for their tuxes. Saturday after work we went to go figure out what we want to do for the favors.

OH and the most important thing of all. My venue we are holding the wedding has been held up because of permits. We are having the hardest time trying to get the last of the permits so we can continue construction. In the grand scheme of life this is so petty but for me right now it's so important and I'm so so sad about it. We might end up having to rent a tent and do it outside because it might not be ready in time. Anyway, i've cried enough about it. Right now I've just accepted it and moved on...

anywho. what else? oh yes, tonight we are going to the outdoor store to get juan some new hunting boots and a new jacket. he leaves friday for four days... I hope he doesn't kill anything. I'm so bad but I pray for it, LOL....

Good job, Michelle!!!

Here's my report..

B: a couple of forkfuls of tuna salad (just not hungry in the mornings)

L: last of the turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy

S: 1/2 cup lobster bisque Kris brought me for lunch

Snack: 1 cup blueberries with some cream and Splenda

6 glasses of liquid... will finish the other two this evening. No more eating today for me.

I was so tempted by the chocolate covered cherry that is sitting on the counter, but when I was reaching for it, I thought of you, Michelle and I said.. Nope.. not gonna do it. So now I can thank YOU!:thumbup:

Off to singing rehearsal and then home to watch The Good Wife and try and finish my book on the Kindle.

Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

Where's Haydee and Laura????????

"I was so tempted by the chocolate covered cherry that is sitting on the counter, but when I was reaching for it, I thought of you, Michelle and I said.. Nope.. not gonna do it. So now I can thank YOU!:thumbup:"

Voila! & that's how all this is *supposed* to work! Yay! You motivate me, I motivate you!! After 3 years we've finally figured it out! :tt2:

"From here on out I'm going to be doing everything I can to try to get my weight down. Not only to look awesome in my wedding dress but we are going to start to try to conceive on our honeymoon so I want to be at a healthy weight..."

How exciting, Haydee... oooh la la!! May I suggest you check out the Eat-Clean Diet program... that's what I'm looking into... right now I'm kinda Protein shake/Atkins-ish/fruits & veggie'ing it for a quick start. I picked up a mag about it @ Borders the other day... the "principles" are:

* Eat 5 or 6 small meals every day.

* Eat every 2-3 hours.

* Combine lean Protein & complex carbs @ every meal.

* Consume adequate healthy fats each day.

* Drink at least 8 cups of Water each day.

* Never miss a meal, especially Breakfast.

* Carry a cooler of foods to get you through the day.

* Avoid all over-processed, refined foods, especially white flour & sugar.

* Avoid chemicals, preservatives & artificial sugar.

* Avoid saturated and trans fats.

* Avoid sodas & juices (& margaritas, I think :thumbup:)

* Consume adequate healthy fats each day.

* Avoid alcohol (oh, here it is, drat!)

* Avoid all calorie-dense foods that contain little or no nutritional value.

* Depend on fresh fruits & veggies for Fiber, Vitamins, & enzymes.

* Stick to proper portion sizes.

Sounds reasonable... & pretty much what we're supposed to be doing as bandsters...

Off to switch around the laundry... everyone have a great night!

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

Another freezing day here today... on the USA weather map, it looked to me like the only warm spot was in S. Cali where Pam is! Enjoy it, Pamela!!

One more day & then you're on your way to blue skies, gentle seas, and balmy warm temps, Judy!!

Just a regular day here... stuff around the house, then lunch w/a friend (@ Panera, I'm planning on getting the Tomato soup... I love tomato soup!), then the Y w/ds...

Everyone make it a great day! :thumbup: