Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Such a controversy with the lost finale. It was all over the radio this morning. I never watched it but now might get the dvd sets and see what the hoopla is about.

Watched the survivor finale last night. Was anyone keeping up with that? After all the scheming russ and pretty (dunno) did and then the other lady won it all. I watched the show off and on all season. Juan loved it. Sometimes I would have to leave the room when it was on because it would stress me out so much. All those stupid stupid girls doing whatever that asshole russ said. Grrr....

So I think we are banned from Facebook at work. I couldn't get on from my computer. I ll check for carsons pics when I get home.

I'm having honey nut cheerios, yum! I've been on a Cereal kick lately...

Good afternoon, Violets..

Had an easy shift at the hospital and then went and got Bob's birthday card and wrapping paper.

I called Kris and she is in a funk. She's been worried about Grady not talking and asked a friend who works for the ESD for advice. The friend called and wants to set up an appointment to evaluate Grady. So now she thinks there is something wrong. I keep telling her to give it time, Ethan was 3 before he started talking. No making her feel better, though.

Cute video on FB, Laura!!

Off to head to the pool. Sunscreen this time for sure!!

The first 3 seasons of Lost were AWESOME!!!

Then they started doing seasons to just mess with you.

A whole season where maybe this is all Hurley's dream... another whole season where this is about time travel... Both of which weren't true. I didn't like those seasons. After that, I only watched Lost to FINISH it.

Then this last season I was glad to finally get answers to everything, but then with the finale it all contradicts and they DID leave it open to interpretation. I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can, because I don't like forming my own opinion on it, I just want an answer.

I feel a little Lost in all of these discussions about Lost at work, lol. I didn't watch it so I have no idea what is going on. It seems as though everyone is perplexed . . . which leaves me even more perplexed. If any of you figure it out, please let me know, lol.

Judy, Grady is not even two yet so it seems wayyy too early to be worried about speech. I want to go fimming too. Our pool is not even open yet.

Haydee, welcome back. It sounds like the honeymoon was lovely.

Hello to everyone else :0)

Hey there, Violets..

Just back from swimming. It was awesome. Ethan was jumping off the ladder and enjoying it so much. I got a couple of pictures of him on my phone to send to his daddy.

Heather... Grady doesn't say anything except memememe. No mama or dada or another. Some other questions that they asked Kris like does he point at things... nope. She's worried, but I said just chill. She's a great mom and though she feels she should be doing something else, I disagree.

We are headed out to dinner tonight and then to their house for birthday cupcakes. She and Grady are coming over tomorrow to swim in the pool. Ethan is spending the night with us tonight. His mom gets out at 7:30, but I don't know what time we will get back from dinner and visiting. It's just easier for him to stay here and have his mom pick him up tomorrow.

I too am lost with Lost.. never saw any of it ever. I have enough problems keeping all of the Desperate Housewives straight!! lol

Good afternoon!

Got way laid today with my mom with a phone call that I needed to go get her from church, so then we went to lunch and stuff.

I didn't watch Lost either. I keep thinking about this one customer of mine, he died about a year or two ago and loved Lost. He was about my age, maybe a little older and got an aggressive form of cancer and died QUICK. He would have loved to see this and he was very very philosophical man! Bruce thinking of you!!

I have an investment club meeting tonight, have I done my homework???? NO!!!!!!!! But, I think it is going to be super casual, it is at a restaurant. I am going to use my new gps to get there. Although I think I know where it is anyways.

Hey... m sitting in the car @ state soccer practice listening to my new itunes download... Carole King & James Taylor Live at the Troubadour. Fantastic! The soulfullness and harmonies are classic... music sure is different now! I sound like I'm 100 yrs old. Oh well.

I was not a big Lost watcher, but did catch it enough to follow along... I, too, just want to have it be a clear cut ending & not all this philosophical theoretical analyzation... I DVR'd the Kimmel show but haven't had time to watch it yet... I hope it explains it!

Evening all...wasn't much of a Lost fan either...in the beginning we watched, but "lost" second season....upsdate on my cousin, from his daughter :Dad remains in the Neuro ICU. He doesn't know much about reality at this point but when Shelley Rob or me walk in he knows who we are. That is a miracle compared to last week. Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated and please keep them coming.

Like I said, he knew us yesterday-this happened last week Tuesday...he owns his own business and went home to do some stuff around the house-we think carry some patio furniture upstairs,,,he didn't come back for a big conference call, Daughter tried calling, got no answer, she headed to the house and called 911 on the way...he finally answered the phone but was incoherent, and when she got there, he was sitting in a chair in basement cradling the phone..there was blood on the floor and on the door jamb to stairway....Drs. thought he had been hit by a truck...

Found my temp job will be over Friday...:mad:Guess it will a REALLY long weekend!!

Hey Girls~

What a day. Started at 4:15 w/ me up and thinking about the move. UGGG. I've packed everything and now I press PLAY on the DVD until they come to move us. It was supposed to be today, but it looks like it will be tomorrow.

Last night, we bbq'd chix, I made a sal for me (chix and sal only) and made Pasta and zuccini for her. We sat outside and enjoyed a beer and our yard in our pj's. As you know I have the best partner in the world...and feel very blessed to have her. It was the first day in a week w/ no winds (which are back today!). We've been having crazy wind/weather this spring. Usually it is 100 but it was 70 on Sunday, 82 yesterday, 86 today! We have more winds tonight and another cool down coming in. Weird. I am ready for a little heat and no winds!

That is all for me today.

xxooxoxoxoxo

Good afternoon, Violets..

Had a good night with Ethan last night. Now I don't see him until a week from Friday. We'll be in Canada Thursday - Monday this week. Jen says its only been a week, but her mom is driving her nuts.. lol That will make her appreciate Joe more.

I got some low fat chicken breast, diet bread, and veggie straws for lunch today. I'm going to make a sandwich with chicken, lettuce, no fat mayo and Tomato. And that will only be 2 points.. add 38 veggie straws for 3 points and I have a filling WW lunch. wooo hooo.

I have weigh in tomorrow before we leave for Canada. Hope to lose that .6 I gained in Texas.

I'm off to do some laundry and start packing for this trip.

Everyone have a good day.

Mae.. hope your cousin is doing better today. What an awful accident!! Good thing his daughter checked on him and had the foresight to call 911 on her way there.

There are only 2 pts in one jigger of tequila...GOOD TO KNOW!:unsure::thumbup::biggrin::biggrin:

Good morning!!

I have got a headache! Allergies I am sure, we have lots of this white fluffy stuff flying around......

Had my birthday, had the trip to Houston, now I have to look for a job!! Been looking a bit online, what about a hospital registrar? Part time, I think some hospitals give benefits, there is no slow downs in the hospital industry, so less of a chance of getting laid off? I don't know if I am totally qualified, but we will see.

Have a good one everyone!!!!!!

Jane, that is great thinking on your part. What about education. There are many "non-classroom" jobs (unless you want to go back to college) that districts have...and they have good bene's as well. I know it is tough...you getting out of the salon industry completely?