Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Pam, I'm right there with you, sweetie... "I know I am not myself"... that's me to a T... only I don't think it's hormones w/me... "situational depression" is what my doc said... the prob is... the depressing situations keep on coming! I can't tell if the happy pills are working... I know you said up to 6 wks before they kick in fully, Judy... but then again, maybe they are?... maybe if I didn't have them, I'd feel 10x worse? I'm just down in the dumps, lethargic, don't care about things that I usually do care about, can cry in a blink of an eye, very emotional -- hey Haydee, betcha can't wait for me to get to Houston for your wedding! :scared2:

I'm hoping that getting away this weekend -- yes, I leave in 2 days for WDW w/my mom & sis & I'm not even excited about THAT! Actually, I wish I wasn't going now... wah. -- but I'm hoping that getting away, having some fun, immersing myself in the "magic", will help clear out some of these cobwebs. Hope hope hope.

Speaking of which... time to head out to take the Cookies & card to the vet, and then hit the mall for a quick lookaround for a few items! Retail therapy -- maybe THAT's what I need!

Pam, groaning from the audience on that one "Head Out"!!

Michelle, have fun shopping, retail therapy ALWAYS does it for me!!!!! More so than food ever did, I'm just not rich hah.

As for wedding, since I am coming a day late/leaving a day early I booked my car yesterday. It's from the airport so I'll take a shuttle and pick up/drop off, etc.

I got a midsize so if needed during the course of the weekend I can help drive folks around. I don't plan on drinking (much) if at all.

I'm sharing a room with Jane, so someone remind her (hah, I e-mailed her but I am worried about being locked out) when ya'll all get there, to leave me a key at the desk or to put my name on the list so I can get a key when I get there in case ya'll are out doing something!!!!

Jane, also let me know what my half will be for the May 14-16th, you can e-mail it, I just think you check this forum more than you check your e-mail!

LOL Laura, gotta grab the happiness where I can get it these days!

I was thinking...since there is a break between wedding and reception, is anyone changing clothes? Also, what are ya'll wearing for the rehearsal dinner? Is that fancy schmancy too, or just the wedding?

I texted Haydee yesterday askin about that gap between wedding & reception. She said mass is over at 3pm, and reception isn't till 6pm, so *I* plan on going back to the hotel and probably changing into something else. Not jeans & t-shirt.. but maybe khakis & button down top!

Rehearsals I've ever been to WERE fancy, but they were held at fancy restaurants... hers is at Juan's moms' so maybe not. Maybe Haydee has a different answer.

No one noticed I lost 2 more lbs!! :scared2:

Yeah Laura on the weight loss. :scared2::Banane20::unsure::Banane20:

No one noticed I GAINED a million pounds :wink:

Yeah Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit I pay no attention to ticker anymore!!

I promise you Laura I will not forget you!!!

I am with Laura today and have a very bad headache!!

Judy, is that a for sure thing about your knee?

Okay I am off to work!!!!!!!

Kity, I joined WW yesterday. I need to lose the 25lbs I can't with the band. I will be adding weight to this if I don't do something. Sure, we have the band but somehow we can eat too much of junk and I need to stop before I start the charts going upward! I have gained about 10lbs since this ticker and now have to lose that plus the 18 or so I can't lose on my own with the band. I never thought I'd say that. WW put me on 22 points a day and it tracks it on their etools, easy to do. Join on their website and get the first month 1/2 off, so 19.99 the first month with unlimited visits during the month, it's called the monthy pass. You can print it out and go to the meeting that day. I think I can do this but I need help. I am seeing a lot of weight gains on here and also with people who have been banded that I know. We must stop this and get back on track. I thought you might be interested in this info.

Delo,

Thanks so much...I will do that now. And congrats on being so close to goal. Glad you jumped in and hope you do it more often!:scared2:

Nobody noticed I took my ticker off cause the damn thing is stuck!!! (yes, I said damn, Michelle). Laura... CONGRATS to you on the -2# Sure wish I could do that and have it stay gone. It just seems to hover up and down, up and down, but still 15# from my lowest since getting banded. sighhhh I will talk to my doc on Monday and see what he says.

Anyway.. I wouldn't mind changing between the wedding and the reception. I have a skirt and top I can throw on with more comfortable shoes. I'm sure the Bobster would be more than willing to change out of his suit into cooler clothes.

Janie.... not for sure on my knee. I have to wait to see what the ortho says. It's really not THAT painful, especially with the new pain med, but just a nuisance since I can't get out and walk like I used to love to do.

PmELa.. Haydee said that the only formal thing is the wedding. Everything else is casual.. I'm planning on capris or a skirt and some kind of top.. sleeveless or not depending on the weather.

Grady just left with Kris. We had a "comfort food" lunch....roast beef on white bread with butter and salt. And chips. I had a hard boiled egg for Breakfast, but pb'd it all. I won't eat anything now until dinner and that will be left over roast beef, potatoes and carrots made into a hash. Then singing rehearsal tonight and then watching GLEE!!!

Michelle.. you've been through a LOT in a very short time with not much warning on everything that's happened. It's definitely a shock to your system and you haven't really had time to properly grieve. You really NEED this WDW time with your mom and sis. Relax and let your guard down and do what you need to do for yourself. Then when you get to Texas we will be there to torment you and MAKE you cheery!

The Bobster asked me the other day how many other men were going to be there.. I said......ummmmmmmmmmmmm just you!!! He was not too thrilled, but I know he's going to have a great time with the Violets. Just be gentle with him. :scared2::lol: He asked also where we were staying the night before we fly out.......... YIKES.... I forgot to make that reservation. It's done now, but that would have been a great start....

Off to clean the house a bit and read on the Kindle.

DELO!!! 62 AND FROM KALAMAZOO?? WOOOO HOOOOOOOO I graduated from Western and so did the Bobster.

Please feel free to join our group here. I need someone my age in here amongst all these young whipper snappers!!!! Not to mention another Michigander!!

OMG, Delo.. you had knee replacement surgery. Are we clones or what????? I'm looking at that possibly this summer. We have to talk!!

registered for WW...thx delo!!! On my way, have you seen how good jennifer Hudson looks!

LOL.. Judy found her band mate!!

I am googling how to handle 'terrible 2's' in a 1 year old. Not sure why they call it 2's, from my doc and everything I read--and what I see, it starts around 11m!! He throws the worst tantrums. I've been trying to let him pick out his clothes in the morning (giving him options), I heard letting them have some control makes them feel better. I don't know if he's really picking it out or just likes the picture better, but he will select a shirt and put it on top of his head.

Oh and as for a video of him waving bye-bye or video of anything else, as soon as the Flip comes out he goes berserk wanting to get the flip. So no performances, he just comes directly to the flip and is trying to grab it.

Blair witch style. In fact I took a video of that to prove it earlier this week, I'll upload in a few.

registered for WW...thx delo!!! On my way, have you seen how good jennifer Hudson looks!

She looks AMAZING!!!