Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Wow Mae.. you have done a GREAT job with the band!!! CONGRATS!!!

I finished reading Big Girl and I gotta tell you.. there were so many things about her life that mirrored mine. Not with both parents, just my dad and the nose thing... yep.. that's me, but I can't afford to do anything about it. Really good book and fast read. Now on to Amazon to see what I want to download next.

Roast in the slow cooker is done for dinner. I'm just waiting for the Bobster to finish his 9 holes of golf and get home to eat with me.

Then I'm off to Community Chorus rehearsal.

BBL.....

Here's a review of the book I just downloaded. It's darn good so far and of course by Stephen King!

Amazon.com Review

Since his first novel was published in 1974, Stephen King has stretched the boundaries of the storyteller as a writer who constantly redefines his readers' experience by working in various genres and formats . Whether in an epic horror novel, like THE STAND, a serial-novel like THE GREEN MILE, or a novella like SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, King is able to deliver a reading experience like no one else can. As quickly as a spider spins its web, King reminds us why he's the master of the novella - a format which, up until now that is, one might have thought is fast disappearing. In his new novella, UR, King is at his unsettling best as he examines the future of the written word - for better or worse. Following a nasty break-up, lovelorn college English instructor Wesley Smith can't seem to get his ex-girlfriend's parting shot out of his head: "Why can't you just read off the computer like the rest of us?" Egged on by her question and piqued by a student's suggestion, Wesley places an order for Amazon.com's Kindle eReader. The [pink?] device that arrives in a box stamped with the smile logo -via one-day delivery that he hadn't requested - unlocks a literary world that even the most avid of book lovers could never imagine. But once the door is open, there are those things that one hopes we'll never read or live through. Firm, gripping, and deftly written by a craftsman at the top of his game, this is King at his crisp, clear, page-turning best. Download and read UR only on Kindle.

Congrats Mae for reaching goal!!!

Laura I saw your note!

I ordered some capri's today from woman within, they are not capris on me. They are regular pants......

I went to the alterations people today to have my dress shortened, it is such a bummer to always have to add money on to the price of a dress for alterations!!

I hope everyone had a good day!!

Hugs Michelle!!!!!!!!!

this is King at his crisp, clear, page-turning best. Download and read UR only on Kindle.

Can you turn a page on a kindle?????????

See Jane... miracles DO happen!! I'm very proud of your cutting and pasting ability! And yes, you turn pages on a Kindle.. except you do it with a little clicky button and pages never stick together and you don't need a bookmark cause the Kindle always remembers where you stopped.

Thank you Judy, but a little clicky button is not the same! I just thought that was funny when I read it, page turner, only for a kindle?

I finished the book too, Big Girl, and I LOVED it. I am sad it is over and thought about her since. Wish there was a pt. 2. 2 THUMBS UP!

I tried to text Judy from the doc and it failed to go through.

I started to read the Melissa Etheridge autobio. So far it is great w/ a cool vibe about it...set up like a conversation w/ her.

Well, I burst into tears in the doc's office talking about my hormones. She did a blood draw and wants to look at my levels first. She is going to push for hormone replacement therapy, which I am NOT a fan of. I guess, I need to do some research. She talked about quality of life, but said it could help w/ metabolism too, since dips in estrogen are directly related to slower metabolism.

The gardener guy just left, so WW will wait until Wed., but I am going fo' sho'.

OK...off to watch the soaps and Army Wives.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Michelle -- I am late with this, but hugs to you.....

Laura -- I love that poem. My mom sent it to me when I had to put my cat, Trouble, to sleep.

Anyone got any ideas on how to train the kitten not to meow at top volume all night long?? I keep pleading with my two older cats to tackle her really good one time she is howling so she learns. They aren't grasping the concept.

In the last week, I have read two of James Patterson's older books -- London Bridges and Mary Mary only to get almost to the end (page 340 of LB) only to realize I had already read them. BOTH!! How sad is that? I usually can tell by the first chapter if I've already read it.

It's Tuesday... that's all I've got.

Pam, I'm excited for you about WW! & I hope you can get your system back in whack soon. Maybe the prescription you need is a couple months off to lounge by the pool! :thumbup: Soon, sweetie, soon!!

Janie, I'm w/you... I enjoyed that play on words, as well... "page turner for the Kindle"... lol!

Judy, you're a reading fool these days! I keep jotting down your recommendations for June when I'll have time once more to read for pleasure every afternoon @ the pool... ahhhh, summer... maybe it's the cure we ALL need!

Laura, I'm glad you all were safe during the storms! That's just crazy weather down there!

Haydee, how are you doing?? Getting excited? I can't believe that in a bit more than 2 weeks we'll all be together for your wedding!

Thanks Heather, Suzy, Mae, and everyone, thanks again for the cyberhugs and purple power... you all are the best!!

Make today count!

Laura, unfortunately (??) she is already fixed. We got her from Petsmart so that was part of the deal. I am trying to ignore her to see if that helps. Not so much, so far.

Morning girls~

I agree w/ that diagnosis Michelle...poolside chillaxing will fix me fo' sho'. Last night was BAD. I was a raging bitch, crying, then nothing. She asked if I was depressed??? I've always been not a fan of hormone replacement, but I might NEED them to save my relationship, career, and sanity. I KNOW I am not myself...I actually think it has been going on a bit longer, but the last couple of weeks it turned up FULL speed.

I am excited about the wedding. Have we worked out the details about the cars, etc? Do we know what our portion will be? Let me know. I have no aol at work, but you can text or pm me if you need me.

OK...off to put my face on and make like a baby and...HEAD OUT!

XOOXXO

Good Morning, Violets..

Had a good night's sleep courtesy of new pain meds.

Grady comes today at 10 so Kris can get her physical. I've got to Grady proof the house before he gets here.

I finished UR last night and am on to reading Rooms. Just started it, so I'll let you know what I think when I get into it.

Are we supposed to rent our car before we get there or can we wait till the 13th as long as Haydee has the reservation code? I'm getting soooo excited!!

Off to get dressed, have Breakfast and wait for the little guy to get here.

Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourselves..