Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey girls ~

did 11 min on the eliptical...it was hot and I was not so gently reminded that I need to get a ceiling fan in the bedroom.

Grading papers. That is it for today!!

xoxooxox

Hey girls...

Whew! What a busy weekend! We drove home yesterday and went straight to my sis's church to drop off everything... my car was PACKED to the limit! My sis had just a teeny tiny space to sit... & then the bags (big black trash bags) started to slip down on top of her... it was kinda funny. Anyhoo, took it all there, then dropped off sis, then mom, then home. Was POOPED & basically went to bed.

Had to get up early this morn to leave by 10am for ds's first State Cup soccer game (which was 1.5 hrs away, ugh, more time in the car!!!)... lose 1 game & you're out... win & you continue on... they won! Yay! And a fun change was that ds actually played on the field, rather than his usual GK position, and he scored!

We didn't get home 'til 5, then had to dash out to a college recruiting info night... then dinner @ iHop... I had a "lighter options" choice, rather than the loaded choc chip pancakes... little victories.

So now it's after 9pm and I'm exhausted... am looking forward to Monday & being able to sit & work quietly for a bit! Am going to try to get my butt to the Y a few times this week, too.

G'night!

Good Morning Girls~

LONG day for me...I am teaching a test prep boot camp during my prep and then have the Human Rights meeting until 5!! Uggg...

I am 91% finished w/ my Andre Agassi book, Open. It is SOOOO good but my Kindle battery died. That is the longest battery life...make sure you turn it all the way off Haydee. Anyway, it is gonna rain for a minute today and I wish I could stay home and read the rest.

Michelle, glad you made it through the weekend...tough I know.

Everyone, have a great day!

Pop in from work!

xoxoxox

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

Ah, peace, quiet, and a warm cup of tea... life is good. And work! Yay for work, which = $$!

Am eating properly today AND am going to walk at lunchtime down at the park, to enjoy the sun and springtime in bloom.

Have decided to put MIL's engagement/wedding rings into safe deposit box to save for dd... but am wearing & always will the other, 7-diamond ring that she always wore. I keep thinking of her smile and happy spirit... today when I did, instead of making me cry, it made me smile.

FIL is thinking of going out to Jackson Hole in July to sprinkle her ashes... am investigating prices, etc., for all of us to go for a week or so... if not all, then dh at least.

Ok, enough work avoidance! Everyone make it a good day!

Good morning, Violets... well, its morning here for a couple more minutes.

I'm back from my hospital shift and now waiting for my hair appointment at 1:30. Then a church board meeting tonight and dinner with friends afterwards.

We had a 3 hour Town Hall meeting yesterday to discuss the health of the church. I can't tell you how much this wears on me,but I think you know. I can't even talk about it anymore, it's so frustrating.

Bob is at the docs right now for his checkup.. not the LB doc, our family doc. It will be interesting to see how he fares today. He's really depressed about hitting the big 65 next month.

It is a beautiful day here, thank goodness.

Michelle... Kris has some of Bob's mom's jewelry. I have the stone from my mom's wedding ring as the main stone for my ring. That's a part of her that is always with me.

My knee is feeling sooooo much better and with the Water pill, I lost another pound and my BP is back under control. It's a whole new world out there!!! We all have so much to look forward to in the next month. Can't wait!!

Off to get lunch ready and then clean, clean, clean!!!

Everyone make it a good one!!

Okay, I am going to try this again!

I made a blueberry smoothie, and had a cup of coffee on the table, knocked them both over on my beige carpeting. Lets see, what stains worst, blueberries or coffee? Blueberries!!

Good morning!

Another 8:00 meeting meeting for me. For me that is way early.

I think today after the meeting I am going to go shopping. I have got $65 worth of gift cards to a mall and going to see about maybe buying something.

I hope everyone has a good day, Judy you still didn't answer me as to when Bob;s birthday is?

Good morning, Violets..

Kind of a dreary day out there today. But looking up for the next few days temperature wise. I have a luncheon at noon today and have to leave a bit early to take care of my little guy, Grady while Kris has her teeth cleaned.

I've got a ton of Morning glory seeds to plant today in starter cubes. Usually I plant them outside, but I'm going to try and start them inside so they have a better chance of survival if the weather turns cold again. Usually we don't plant much around these parts until Memorial Day. And btw Janie... Bob is a Memorial Day baby. May 30. We'll be in Canada on his birthday this year and will Celebrate it with the two other couples who are going with us.

My weight was up 2# today, but BP was reading good numbers. We went out to dinner with my friend Kathy and she has lost 100# now. And last night I ate 3/4 bowl of french onion Soup and two cheeseburger sliders, minus most of the bread. SHE had 3 pieces of fried fish, french fries and several bites from her husband's meal plus she drank a diet coke with her meal. Now explain to me how she can lose that much weight with all she eats and I struggle for a pound eating 1/2 of what she does!!!! arghhhhhhhhh The only bright spot is someone asked me yesterday if I was losing weight again, because it looked that way. I could have kissed her!!!!

Off to figure out something for Breakfast and then get dressed for the day.

Everyone make it a good one!!!!

Good Tues Morn, Vi's~~

Regular day here... work, house, kids' activities... & repeat!

Definitely go splurge on yourself, Janie!

How DOES she do it, Judy? How frustrating. But you're amazing w/your commitment & willpower... such an inspiration!

It's getting closer, Haydee!!!

Laura, are you back? How was Vegas?

Did you make it through your busy Monday, Pam?

Hi Heather & Suzy!

Everyone make it a great day!

Good Morning Violets~

I got the greatest invitation in the mail today!!! I loved it Haydee, they are beautiful!

Today, I don't teach...I am the principal again. I swear they work their asses off. So, I won't be able to pop in.

Have a great day everyone!

xoixooxox

I'm back!!

My hip, oy vey. I was limping around on my muscle relaxors/pain killers, and my mom THOUGHT a shop we wanted to go to was right beside where we were seeing a show.. she was wrong, and we ended up having to walk 2 miles.. strike that, I limped, crawled, cried, and nearly passed out in 2 miles. Then we found out you can rent wheel chairs, I was so miserable, so we did. I learned a LOT about being handicapped. Very bizarre stuff. One thing, always looking at people's butts was weird, I was so tempted to slap butts all the time. Then, I got sad sympathy looks from so many people.. that was random. And then the lack of handicap ramps, the rudeness of some folks cutting us off and not letting us getting on a tram, things like that. Was a weird perspective. But I got relief for my hip and got to rest it for 2 days. Went to chiro yesterday, ends up my hips are twisted 2 inches, so my left leg is 2" longer than the right, and I'm all out of whack. I go to him every day for adjustments. No idea how it happened.

We went to Vegas with $600 and came home with $800 and got to play all weekend, so it was a good trip.

The hypnotist.. Russ, his friend, Leslie and her gf all went on stage. Leslie was pulled off cause it didn't work on her. The other 3 said they were faking.. maybe, but it was an entertaining show!! We got the dvd, when I borrow it from Leslie I will youtube some of it.

Chris Angel is the other show we saw.. I think he's a good magician but way too cocky.. his show was not his cool magician stuff, and a LOT of his cockiness, so it was not worth going to. Would not recommend.

Oh and if you didn't see my FB pics, we went to Margaritaville (our fav. place in Vegas haha), and had Margarita TOWERS!! Each tower held about 15 margaritas, and our table had 4 or 5. Then once you're good an drunk a sexy little thang in coconut bra and grass skirt comes up with a ton of EXPENSIVE bead necklaces.. and we were all so drunk and going 'YEAH!! BEADS!! BEADS FOR EVERYONE!!" lol.. we all ended up with a set, some with a couple. Even all the men got into wearing these painted beads. Margies do funny things.

Haydee, I don't know if you guys are 'trying' for anything specific... our next baby we really want a girl, and of all my research I've found all these tidbits on how to time it. But I found this website that makes a calendar and everything (made me laugh). You put in your period info and if you want a boy or girl, and if you'r regular it tells you the days to have sex--how to have sex--when NOT to have sex--to try to get a boy or girl.

Fertility Calculator, Ovulation Calendar Free Fertile Days, Fertile Calendar - BabyMed.com

Edited by FairyFacade

If I was the principal for a day I'd do something fun like order all the Water fountains changed to rootbeer fountains!

:thumbup:

Haydee, I saw the pics your sister posted on FB from the party!! You looked so gorgeous, and the party looked like so much fun!!!! I wish I could have been there :thumbup:

What's with that one lady holding your boob in the picture??!