Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Morning!!

Judy, did you have to clean off your car?

Michelle, drive safely and I hope it is a nice trip for you that allows you to bring back some heartfelt memories!!! I am sure it will be difficult, but so nice of your family to help you out!!

GOOD LUCK LAURA!!!!!!!

Haydee 5 weeks from tomorrow!!! How much fun is that!! I love your picture on facebook!

Pamela, tgif!! I love your purse idea!!! That really is 'someone'. If I could afford to hop on a plane and come out to see you I would!! Unfortunately all my money is going to Blue Cross. You know they really need it!!

Have a nice day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela - drama with sus or with the germans? Lol... do tell!

Jane, that sucks about your health insurance....

Dragnit, have to go... will be back

Janie.. so sorry about your health insurance. I'm very thankful for my insurance and wonder what's going to happen when Bob goes on Medicare next month. Can you get a generic version of the pills? ?

I didn't have to clean my car off this morning cause I didn't go anywhere, but the Water in the bird bath is frozen and there was a light covering on the ground a few minutes ago, but it's gone now.

I'm trying to eat Fiesta lime chicken with rice from Schwans, but it's not going down well.

Son Joe is working nearby so he's coming to lunch and I have spaghetti warming up for him.

bbl

Hi Girls~

Jane, that SUX about your insurance. I hate that companies think they have you by the short hairs...and they do! Keep fighting...you are not trying to make friends, you've got enough friends. Take no prisoners.

Haydee, not w/ the German girls...w/ mom. Nothing major just Sus needs to take the Germans to Phx. Gonna miss her, I kinda like having her around.

Judy, that sounds yummy. I've been craving Mex food and fiest anything sounds yummmm!!

pop back later!

Good evening, Violets..

Well, I got a cortisone shot in my knee. Didn't hurt, but the numbing shots stung. He says I should feel relief in 72 hours. Last time I got a shot was years and years ago and I felt the difference right away. Not happening this time, but we'll see. I also got a new script for Water pills so I feel like I have a brand new start. I had been using Bob's water pills when he got switched to a new type. When they ran out, I didn't have a script for them and bob was using a different kind so I just didn't use any. That's when my weight loss really stalled. I'm hoping with the shot I might be able to start walking for exercise again and the water pills will give me a little push in the right direction.

Doc wants to try everything possible before we resort to surgery. I go for an x-ray next week to see what the damage is.

Off to read all my tabloids and then head to bed. Nothing on the agenda tomorrow except for going to the Home Show.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Judy,

Hope you get some relief soon. I've had a shot of cortisone in the knee before...amazing difference. I need some Water pills, I'll ask at my next apt.

xo

Okay, I just saw the weirdest show on tv I think I will ever see. It was on BBC and it was called "Love me, Love my Doll". Bizarre, bizarre, bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!

Still mad at my insurance co. Still have no answers, but the medicine in question is a generic.

Hey girls

M typing from my phone...

I m buzzed on 2 bottles of wine... everyone else has gone to bed... I can't sleep yet.

Such a long, difficult day. I couldn't help w the clothes that my mil wore recently, such as Mexico trip clothes... I started to cry as soon as I pulled out her bathrobe from the closet... my mom & Sis r amazing... they did the majority of the work... I love them... I helped w stuff from the basement that I don't remember ever seeing her wear... which is hard because I've known her for 30 years!

I kept a few things... a purse that I had made for her from a pair of ds's jeans when he was little, & a few beach sarongs...

My Fil floored me by giving me her engagement & wedding rings... + several other of her fav jewelry pieces... I can't believe it.

Have been crying all day... m so sad... I miss her & she should b here...

Sigh... gosh typing on the phone takes forever... Bleh... I should go to bed... have to drive home tomorrow... so tired... but can't sleep... wah.

Love u gals... thanx for letting me "drunk dial" u!

Good morning, Violets..

It's a new day and a new life again. My knee feels better than it has in years. Wish I had gone in sooner. I took my Water pill last night and was down 3 pounds this morning, but still a pound above my ticker weight so I won't change it till I get under that. No excuse for me to not follow the bandster rules. I need to get some weight off before we head to the LB doctor May 3. I have a friend who moved away years ago and she has moved back. She and I were always exercise, diet buddies. She is extremely heavy now and I sent her an email last night about how happy I was with my band. She fired one back wanting to know all about it, so I invited her to our support group meeting next Saturday and will be taking my LB book to her to look over on Sunday. She lost 132# on WW and gained it all back plus while caring for her mother for 2 years. I'm glad she's interested in this. Her health is suffering due to the excess weight.

Nothing on the agenda today except maybe going to the Home Builders Show and doing some laundry. Hopefully going out to dinner with Kris, Nathan and Grady tonight.

Michelle.. I know how hard it was for you yesterday. I kept my moms sewing kit and her wallet and my dad's wallet. Bob has several things from his dad and I kept some clothes and of course the perfume from Bob's mom. Kris and she were extremely close so Kris kept a lot of her furniture and clothes too. Kris got her love of Lucy and Golden Girls from her Gramma Case and now I'm watching all the Golden Girls reruns each night. Never realized what a funny show that was.

Well, off to take my blood pressure and fix some Breakfast then start on the laundry.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Morning Girls~

OMG Judy...can't believe you mentioned the sewing kit. The main reason I was SOOO PISSED this week (remember Mon and Tues) was that the German girls, while working on our curtains, CLEANED OUT MY MATERNAL AND PATERNAL GRANDMOTHERS SEWING KITS!!! I cried. They emptied one, threw some of the old stuff out (I had needles in original packages from the 40's) put all the buttons together, and basically fucked (sorry...pissed again just thinking about it) all up!!!!! I cried. Then I had to suck it up and say to myself that there is nothing I can do about it, the stuff they threw out was at the bottom of the trash can w/ food stuff on top (I looked when they went to bed). I am still heartbroken. They "thought" they were doing me a favor, but why would anyone do this kind of "favor"...obviously, if I wanted to throw old crap out...I would. I AM PISSED AGAIN, SO I GOTTA LET IT GO.

Sus is coming home today (long story...mil is pissing me off, but I can't say anything). So I am going to go on the eliptical. Been 2+ months...but I have one in the bedroom. That and the pool are my exercise options now, as I quit the gym.

uuuggg, so pissed again...gotta let it go. I LOVED my paternal gma's sewing kit...I have been using it since she died in like '94....UUUUGGGGGG.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! i am pissed, lol! where is my ipod????

xooxoxxo

PAMELA!!! How RUDE of them to do that without asking!! Even if you think you're doing someone a favor, you ASK first!!! I don't blame you for being so upset. Everytime I go to my mom's sewing kit, I see all her pill bottles with the buttons in one, safety pins in another and all the threads she collected. Makes me smile everytime I open it. Now everytime you use yours you're going be upset with what they did. SO sorry!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!

Does Susanne know what happened????

Strut your stuff on that elliptical and then relax in the pool and the hot tub. You deserve it.

PAMELA!!! How RUDE of them to do that without asking!! Even if you think you're doing someone a favor, you ASK first!!! I don't blame you for being so upset. Everytime I go to my mom's sewing kit, I see all her pill bottles with the buttons in one, safety pins in another and all the threads she collected. Makes me smile everytime I open it. Now everytime you use yours you're going be upset with what they did. SO sorry!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!

Does Susanne know what happened????

Strut your stuff on that elliptical and then relax in the pool and the hot tub. You deserve it.

Yes she knows...she was right there. Problem is that the girls said my mil said it was ok to clean it out!!! That is what makes me madest...but I can't say anything to Sus (she is very defensive of mil). Their intentions were good, so I will let it go. But I will manage to let mil know how pissed I am...acting like I don't know she ok'd it.

I did 15 min on the eliptical and had to get off cause I THOUGHT the guy was coming to fix the washer. So I did my 15 and it was hard, but felt GREAT to get back to it. I had to get off and jump in shower, only to just get a call that the technician called in sick...now I have to wait a week!!! uuuggg.

oh well, I am going to sit by the pool and read my book. I got a new book yesterday, Slash's autobiograhpy (Slash guitarist for Guns 'n Roses)...omg, it is great already. But I want to finish Andre's book first! I also have Melissa Etheridge's book downloaded already...waiting.

xoxooxxo

Good evening!!

Worked then went to mom and dads to babysit with Anna, she was sick and throwing up, so sister came and got her, so I had a nice quiet peaceful dinner with my parents. Kind of nice.

I can imagine people 'going' thru my stuff. I live alone so sometimes I feel I am too possessive of my 'things'. I try not to be, but..........I am very sentimental so I would have had such a hard time Pamela!!!

I have a major headache/stiff neck today.

Oh well, gonna do some stuff around the house and then relax some.

Oh, got a VERY elegant invite in the mail today............

Good morning, Violets..

I got one of those invites too Janie!!! Woo hoooo!!!

Up early this morning. I didn't sleep well. BIG meeting after church today to discuss the health of the church. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I'm back on blood pressure meds and they seem to be working so guess I'll have to continue them. I took myself off after getting my band as the bp went down. Guess with everything else going on, it started creeping back up and was high when I went in for my knee. Speaking of that.. boy,does it feel good. Just wish I had been braver sooner and would have felt relief sooner. Hopefully it will continue to feel good through May! The only side effect of the cortisone is the hot flashes. Last night my face was so red it looked like I was running a fever. It's better today, but never know when it will flare up again.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be so glad when church and the meeting is over. Well, I'll be glad if things turn out the way I'm hoping.

Still have a stiff neck and headache, no fun. Oh well. I am not sure what I am doing today. A friend and I are supposed to get together. I haven't heard from her, so who knows, I am up for us not getting together. She has three kids and is really busy so she might have forgot!

I hope everyone else has a great day!!!!!