Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Here I am. Did I not post yesterday? I guess I got confused with that email, and just thought I posted? Don't know. No real excuse, but I am sure I can make one up!!

I saw that too about Laura, hope she is okay!! I am off to work in a little bit so if something happens somebody text/call me? Please?

So far so good on the weight. I probably won't get down to where you saw me in Texas, but I will be where you saw me in Alabama. I am losing slowly, which is fine, but you guys know the issue I have with flying.........

Off for shower and stuff before work!! Have a good day everyone and glad you missed the snow Judy!!!

Ok I had 2 possible conclusions, I have no idea if I'm right, but so far, if the meds he gave me don't kick in there's no way in heck I can go to Vegas.

I can not put any weight on my left leg, and if I use any muscles to 'bend' my leg I get a severe charlie horse in my left thigh.

Tuesday morning I woke up and it was a little sore, like I slept on it funny. Wednesday morning I woke up and it was a dull throb. 2am last night I woke up and I was in excruciating pain, charlie horse after charlie horse.. couldn't find a way to work out the kink.

I thought MAYBE one of the shots I got for the pnemonia was thick and messed up muscles.. then I remember at our Sears pics, the girl told me to sit on my hip, knees pointing the other direction, it was extremely uncomfortable and I was tensing up muscles I don't normally use.. then I had to hold Carson and he was wiggling, so I kept 'pulling' weird muscles.

So it's one of those 2 I believe. Doc gave me muscle relaxors and pain meds, fingers crossed I feel better or I can't go!!! :smile2:

Definitely have my fingers crossed for you, Laura! That's awful. Sure hope the meds work quickly for you!

Quick check before work, glad you didn't break it!! Hope it is better soon!!! That is awful if you can't go on your trip!!!!

Fingers crossed, Laura!

Back from 4 HOURS @ doc's & lab & pharmacy... BP, pulse, temp all good... did an ekg, good... did LOTS of blood & pee work, the tech had to stick me 3 times to get all the blood, grrr.

Doc kept all my meds the same 'til test results come back, BUT... she added an antidepressant (moi? depressed? really?... duh.) that she swears won't make me fatter and in fact one of the side effects is weight LOSS (I'll believe THAT when I see it...) ... oh, and possible seizures, too, but hey, if I'm feeling happier, then that won't bother me so much, right? :)

Oh yeah, and evidently, I'm stressed, too. Duh again!

Anyhoo... we'll see how this goes... at least she eased my racing/pounding heart fears a tad... now it's just relaxing, moving at least 1/2 hour each day, eating properly :smile2:... I go back in a month to check in w/her.

Now that my whole day is shot... off to get in 1 hour's worth of work! (How is it that I'm stressed, again???)

Michelle.. years ago I was put on Effexor. It was an anti-depressant that had the side effect of weight loss. Obviously the weight loss part didn't work for me, but it did help me with my depression. I haven't taken it for years, but there are definitely days when I wish I had a couple!

I've sent out three prayer request today on my email prayer chain for people who have had severe reactions to knee surgery. Tomorrow I go see the doc about...........knee surgery. ACK!!

I just got up from a nap with Ethan in Gramma's big bed. He's still sleeping, but I'll have to get him up soon before his mom gets here. It was snowing when I got up.... just a few flakes, but yup.. snow. It's stopped and just windy now.

mmmmmm, a nap on a snowy afternoon w/ a little guy...PRICELESS!

glad to hear the doc went well.

How's the knee feeling, Laura??

mmmmmm, a nap on a snowy afternoon w/ a little guy...PRICELESS!

Ditto!!

Sure hope Laura was able to go to Vegas.

When I got out of flute rehearsal, there was snow all over the car. It just doesn't seem right!! Supposed to warm up towards the weekend so I have my fingers crossed for more mulching.

The Bobster gets to take care of Grady AND Ethan tomorrow for about an hour. Hope he survives!!! I have a doc. appt. at 3:45 and Grady comes at 4 so Kris can go to Zumba. Ethan will be here until 4:30. He was so cute today. Kept asking if he could kiss Gramma on the cheek and saying he loved me. Also said he's his Daddy's homey.. lol

Off to watch Project Runway and then read some more.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!!

We leave at 6am. I have had a HORRIBLE day, everything went wrong. Woke up with all the hurt, then had to wait 2 hours at the clinic even though I was the 2nd person signed in when they opened..

For lunch my dad picked up Olive Garden, and they forgot to put the sauce on it, so I had noodles and chicken. Their noodles are surprisingly not good without sauce.

Then I went to the allergist, and after 40m after my appt. time, and being behind 4 people, not a SINGLE person was called back in 40m, I finally left. And all I was there to do, was tell them the meds I'm on are working!!

Then I get home, and I ordered a $60 swimsuit set from Avenue, as well as the dress for Haydee's wedding. I received only the swimsuit top. Here is the listing....

Plus Size Zig Zag Boytini w/ Tummy Control at Avenue.com and JessicaLondon.com

So I wrote customer service saying the shorts were missing. She wrote me back saying, shorts are sold seperately here (sent me a link to their shorts, which CAN be sold seperately, they sell seperates). I wrote her back with a link to the item I purchased, which is even TITLED with tummy control (which is in the shorts), and it says SET, and it says it comes with the top and shorts.

She wrote back saying "We have decided since you can buy the short seperately, they are not included". Really?

So I called their manager and went off. He looked it up and said I was right, it should have had both pieces. Too little too late, I'm returning it for a refund with copies of this girl's emails as well as the listing.

I don't like how I feel being on the pain meds & muscle relaxors, but I know it'll help if I can get all those muscles to calm down. Only taking 1/2 of each at a time, but still feeling way doped up.

But I AM going to vegas, and dang tomorrow better be a better day overall.

cute suit Laura! They are crazy with the suit!! Almost as crazy as the flight for Judy with no seats!!!!! That still cracks me up!!!

Laura have fun and rest some in Vegas, there can be a lot of walking!!! Be careful!!!!

Oh gosh, what a day, Laura! So glad it's over & today is a brand-spankin' new one w/VEGAS in it for you!! Go, relax, enjoy!!

If the Bobster can handle two lil' guys alone... then surely he can withstand the Vi's, right? :)

Am getting ready to leave here @ 10am w/mom & sis to go to FIL's to organize/purge MIL's clothes/personal items. I am *not* looking forward to this at all. Am anticipating a rough time of it. Thank goodness mom & sis are coming w/me... they're the world's greatest organizers plus powerful moral support! We'll tackle the job today & tomorrow morn, & return tomorrow afternoon sometime.

... I'd rather be going to Vegas! :smile2:

Good morning, Violets..

Ethan has just arrived for the day and it's snowing out. Not much.. just a few flakes, but enough to say... IT'S SNOWING!

Laura... definitely says that that suit is a SET. What were they thinking??

Michelle... been there, done that with my parents and my in laws. It's a bitter sweet time. Cherish the memories. I still have the cream perfume case from my MIL. The cream is all gone, but the smell is still there and I think of her every time I open it and smell that wonderful smell. I went on ebay and found some of the same perfume from an estate sale and it's my favorite.

Janie.. one of my friends on Facebook said she flies Spirit all the time and knows about the seat prices, but that they have gone up. They have paid $6 per seat. Unreal.

I'm headed to the doctor today to see what the prognosis is on my knee. I just hope I can get some relief and be able to walk for exercise again. I miss it.

Laura.. send the link to the dress you got for the wedding. I have one picked out and will order it next week. But I'll also go shopping May 4 when Kris, Betsy and I go downstate to see Lord of the Dance. There are big malls where we are going and if I don't like the dress I order, I can hopefully find something then.

Off to feed the little guy and myself. Everyone have a great day!!!

Morning Girls~

Judy, good luck w/ the knee. Last night my knee hurt and thought of you, then thought "what the hell is up w/ the violets falling apart!?" Can't believe it is snowing...nap time!

Michelle, uugg, I don't envy you. My advice (that you didn't ask for) is to enjoy the process, remember her well, live in the moment and allow yourself to feel sad, grieve, and to laugh when you recall good memories. I have my grandmother's and mom's purses still completely intact. When gma died, my mom put her purse away and never disassembled it. I did the same w/ my mom's. Took the $, cut the credit cards out but everything else is still intact. Mom always had the greatest stuff in her purse...I loved going into her purse when I was a kid. miss my mom!

Laura, hope you luck has changed and you are going to KICK ASS in Vegas baby! I love the suit and hope that your leg is feeling better.

Well, Sus is going to Phx today...to help her mom. She is taking the German girls. I am going to miss her...and am a bit scared in this big house. But some drama happened and she has to go.

OK...xooxox

OH MY GOSH.

I HATE HEALTH INSURANCE!!!!!!

I swear I am going to go broke! In April they changed the vendor for my medicine and two of my pills went up almost 5 times as much!! I am on the phone fighting right now!! I mean really.

I am pissed.

Can you tell..................