Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Morning, Violets..

Another lazy day here today. We had a thunderstorm last night, so no mulching today. It's 47 degrees and rain expected today too. I lost my router this morning so they are coming to install another tomorrow morning. That means I can only use the desktop computer for today. The Bobster is not going to be happy that he can't use his laptop. It also means we can't use the wireless printer. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh technology... gotta love it!

I have choir tonight and that's it for the day. I think I'll enjoy my quiet time before Ethan arrives tomorrow and Friday.

Everyone make it a good one!!

Update..

After agreeing to having a new router installed for $5 a month, I got to thinking, shoot, I can buy a new router for that price and install it myself. Then I got to thinking.. the router couldn't just quit. So I fiddled around with wires and connections and got it working again. TA DA!! So Randy from India, I can fix it myself, thank you very much!

Randy from India should know better than to mess with Judy from Alpena!

Way to go, Judy!

Just checking in... my head is swimming w/ reduction in force law!!

Ok, maybe if I post this in VERY small letters, it won't really happen.

2 inches of snow forecast for tonight and 5-6 inches tomorrow.

YIKES!!!

Hey Girlies~

busy busy today. Still have the company from Germany. They are lovely but if Sus walks out of the room I can't communicate, although I am getting better.

Got a bad case of spring-itis...wanna get the hell out of here. I don't have any windows in my classroom, which just adds to the prison feel.

Also, I am teaching CST (state testing) bootcamp during my prep period. I LOVE it cause I pulled my top kids...and I get to teach!!! Yesterday was idioms, metaphors and similies!!!

Need to go on a freakin diet for the wedding...wwaaahhhh

Need to go on a freakin diet for the wedding...wwaaahhhh

Me, too, Lucy! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Snow? Today it hit 90 here! This weather is all wackadoodle!

Back from choir and dinner with the Bobster. He's so tired after all his funerals and meetings and services. Tomorrow he has a meeting and then he can rest for the rest of the day. I have Ethan from 8-? tomorrow and then flute rehearsal at 6:30. They are calling for 2-4 inches of snow now. Guess we'll just wait and be surprised.

I'm not going to go on a diet before the wedding. I'm just going to check out tummy tucks. And boob jobs. And all over Lipo. And heavy duty Spanx.

Jane!!! Where are you???? Heather??? Suzyt?????

Going to watch a little tv and then read some more in the Stephen King book. I'm on page 700!! Only 336 left to go...

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

where can i sign up for a quickie Lipo? ? My dress is still just a tad snug. No one can tell but me but I want to be comfortable...

Glad all the violets are feeling better. What was wrong yesterday pam?

michelle - bad bad girl

judy - SNOW?? did you say SNOW???

laura - have tons of fun this weekend!

i have my hair/makeup trial on friday and i'm nervous/excited... My hair, as you know, is kinda on the wild side... So I'm always a little leery to have someone who doesn't know mess with it. Ah well, we will see how it turns out...

OH and Juan bought me a Kindle! I'm so excited. I gotta load a couple of books on there for the honeymoon...

Any recs of AWESOME books that you've read lately? Nothing too heavy! I'll be reading these pool/beach side...

Good morning, Violets..

Well, thankfully the weather person was way off. No snow last night, nor today. Just lots and lots of wind and rain. Ethan comes at 8 so we'll be inside all day. Oh joy! Lots of reading and cartoons and Sesame street games on the computer.

Haydee, I'll have to get my Kindle out and see what books I have on there that are my favorites. You're going to LOVE the Kindle!! I can't wait to get back to it as soon as I finish my longggggggggggggg Stephen King book.

Everyone have a great day today!!

Good Morn,

Am off to get ready for a doc's app't this a.m.... it's probably just been my year so far, but physically and emotionally I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck, so after living with & worrying about all these pings and pangs, I decided to bite the bullet and go to my PCP and have her poke & prod me, do lots of bloodwork, (get the weight lecture, grrr), and try try TRY to get myself back in whack.

Books! Off the top of my head I'd say "The Help"... I'll try to think of more.

Everyone make it a good day!

Good morning girls~

Haydee, I was thinking The Help too. I was reading the book, then got the Kindle and bought it for The Kindle. IT IS A GREAT READ. And Kindle books are so much cheaper :thumbup: Also, The Glass Castle (you may have already read that). Right now I am reading Open, by Andre Agassi. If you are not a complete tennis fan, or an Andre fan, I wouldn't suggest it. I'd go online, to Amazon, and search around there...then download to the Kindle...HAPPY READING.

Michelle, you took the words out of my mouth. This and that hurts and I was thinking of going to the doc soon and getting a "once over". I haven't exercised in 2 months and really feel it. I have a freakin' eliptical in my bedroom...just need to get on it. Good luck.

Feeling better...just hard to have company for a week, and especially if you can't communicate w/ them. They are great...but company for a week is tough.

Thank goodness it is Thursday, since I woke up thinking it was Wed!!! Getting my do' done, then have this big meeting about the insurance changes coming next year. Then meeting Sus and the girls downtown for dinner and a walk about at the street fair. Long day,but after 2pm, it shouldn't be too tough.

Laura said of FB that her hip hurt so bad she was going to the doc...hope all is well Laura...keep us posted!

xooxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

And after almost a year of knee pain, I finally made an appointment to see my doc on Friday. I'm hoping no surgery, but we'll wait and see. Can't really do anything until after June 20.. I have too many commitments before that, that I can't cancel.

Glass Castles and Half Broke Horses are both good books. Half Broke is the prequel to Glass Castles.

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer and Barrows

I just downloaded the newest Danielle Steel.. Big Girl Will get to that when I'm done with Under the Dome

I saw the post by Laura. Sure hope she's ok. They are supposed to go to Vegas tomorrow.