Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey Girls~

First of all, Michelle, I am sooo sad to hear this. When you mentioned her condition, I wondered how she was gonna do w/ chemo...it is a mean bitch and it is hard to overcome when someone is already weakened. I was hospice for my mom, we didn't have an outfit come in. How is FIL? Is he ready? Is anyone really ready? All my love and prayers for your family during this time. Thanks for the kind words about my sweetheart. I am blessed and thank God everyday for bringing her into my life. I've never been prouder to be w/ someone.

Klausy will be staying in the old house. I've rented the house to a guy I work w/, a security guard at school. He is 25 and his roommate will take over Klaus. The rent is CHEAP because of the arrangement, and I will pay for any medical bills for him. We thought LONG AND HARD on this one...and have cried long and hard. We actually almost didn't go through w/ it because of him. Then at one point, we were going to bring him. This house is NOT a "I am 130 pounds and I don't listen to my mommy and I get on the counter" kinda house. Soooo...we rented to a friend and I HOPE AND PRAY it works out. Klaus was my mom's dog, well initially. She was terminal and said, "I've always wanted a Rottie"...so we got him. I was left with 3 of my moms dogs, and although Klaus became mine...we had to do it this way. But...Stefan and new Seth (new tenants) LOVE Klaus, and Klaus feels the same way. They've already taken him on a walk and spent time w/ him this week. The guys are excited to get him...and I think they will "hang out" w/ him more than we did!

PART TWO!

We are in the new house now. OMG, it is great! Our new couch and bed came yesterday, movers today, cable/internet/phone in, Closet World did the garage...AHHH. The drawers are lined, stuff is ALMOST put away. THANK GOD I AM ON STEROIDS THIS WEEK!!! What a big help to be all bbuuuzzzzzzzed! haha.

Laura, I hope you feel better!!

Jane, I bought 2 boxes of the Caramel Delights this year...still have a few, but I COULD eat a box in a sitting easy! Thank goodness it only comes around once a year!

Judy, how is DIL? Glad you are feeling better!

off to check emails and check Walden!

xooxox

Good morning, Violets..

Quick post as I need to leave for church in 5 minutes. PamELa.. so excited for you. Sounds like the perfect arrangement for your renters and for Klausy! Take lots of pics when you get things moved into the new house.

Michelle... special hugs for you today.

Laura.. hope you're feeling better real soon!

Everyone else, Janie, Haydee, Suzy, Heather... have a good day..

Good morning!!

Thinking of you Michelle!!!

Pamela, that is so great about the house!!! I am sure you will miss Klaus, but it sounds like he is in great hands.

I hope Haydee is having a great time!! I have been thinking of her the past few days.

Judy what is stone Soup? Thanks for the info on Estelle Parsons!! I knew you would know!!

I saw on Facebook that Laura was sick, I hope you feel better soon! Did you catch the crud from Carson? I know you said he was sick from daycare...........

Okay I am off to clean my house a bit, it is such a mess!! Really bad!!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm back from church and now going to take a nap. it's cloudy and windy out, but 43 degrees and almost all of the snow is gone from the ground. Now we have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't get one more snow storm before late April.

Janie... Stone Soup comes from a fable. Some travelers came into a village and they wanted something to eat but all of the villagers said they didn't have enough to share. So the travelers started a pot of soup with some Water and a stone. One by one, the villagers thought they could add something to the soup to make it more tasty and by the time everyone had added their ingredient, it was a meal to share. Today we collect money for One Great Hour of Sharing.. a special collection for people in need around the world. We in our church each bring an ingredient and we make our own Stone Soup. There is an actual stone that is used that belonged to the lady from our church who thought up the idea. She has since passed on, but we think of her every year at Stone Soup Sunday.

And you're welcome for the Estelle Parsons info. I don't read those tabloids for nuthin'!!

I'm off to dreamland and then poop patrol in the backyard to pick up all the gifts Jetta has left us this winter!

Okay stone Soup sounds like my bring your own juice parties, where I supplied the liquor and everyone else brought juice.

Play was fairly good, very hard to hear.

Good morning, Violets..

it's a beautiful day here today.. sun is shining and it's supposed to get to 55 today. Great day to get the Terra trike out and take it for a spin. I have my hospital shift this morning and rehearsal tonight, but nothing in between those two.

Michelle.. are you going to go back to take care of your MIL and FIL?

Hope everyone has a good week.

Hey Girls~

We are settling in well!!! Slept a ton better than the first night...think exhaustion is taking over. We are 1/2 give or take done, and will plug along the next couple of weeks. The best part is that we have spring break in 2 weeks, and while most will be done, we can CHILLAX a bit too!

Gonna hit 81 today too!!! WooHoo!

I am off today. We have the security system coming, the weather stripping guy coming, and the pool guy! I THINK Susanne is going to work, depends if they call her in the next hour or so.

Other than that...busy busy!

Michelle, hope DH and the kids took the news well. I was saddened when you said DH didn't know yet...my heart broke a little with that one.

Judy, enjoy your bike ride today!!!

Laura, hope you are feeling better!

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning!!

Hope all is well with everyone!

I am off for some errands and my 6 month check up so my Dr. can see that I am still breathing! So far so good. I hate going to him. Oh well hopefully he will give me samples of my asthma med. VERY expensive!!!

Hey gals...

Just trying to plug along... everyone knows now... different reactions... mad/sad... it's hard... as of right now I have no plans to go up... but will go in a second if fil, mil, or dh want me to... dh comes home from his work trip tomorrow night & is thinking that he'll go to NJ on Weds... dh did such a kind thing last night... he offered to fly in m&fil's best friends from Colo, as they can't afford it... but they say that they can't emotionally handle seeing her... but we left the offer open, so they may change their minds at any time... it's a day by day thing... no one knows how long... could be weeks or months... so need to figure out how to do what needs to be done while also living with constant sadness... bleh.

So yea week 1 of daycare kicked our ass.

Thursday they called at noon and said I needed to pick him up, he had vomited & diarhea'd 3x's. We picked him up he seemed fine for a while then out it all came, both ends.. all Thursday, all Friday... and then Saturday morning Russ and I both got it.. oh boy. My mom came over to take care of Carson since there was no way we could. What a blessing it is to have her so close by!! She wore a mask and lysol'd everything... Then on Sat. evening Carson and I developed something else. Runny noses, congestion. Sunday I was all congested and weak, and Carson was lethargic and never wanted to play or move (all through the other sick he was 'fine' in between the puking). Then he was burning up, he had a fever of 103.5, so we paged his doc. Doc said it sounds like he may have a fever virus, on top of whatever else he had.. so we brought him in this morning. He asked me yesterday and today if Carson was coughing, I said not really then of course he is coughing in the office.. doc said he thinks it's Croup, and getting a sinus infection. Whew a lot of stuff to pick up in just 2.5 days in daycare!!!!!!!

I missed half day on Thurs, Fri, and Mon of work. So for every day I got to work without distraction, I had to take off. HMMMM.

Him puking was the worst thing ever to see, it got all over both of us since you can't ask them to aim for a trash can, and he'd be so distraught not knowing what happened that he wouldn't let me pull him away for a moment just to get clothes off... I knew I was going to get sick, I was covered in puke all of Thursday.

Mom said she was nauseated this morning but so far not experiencing what we did. Seems like it gets weaker and weaker as it gets passed along.

So that's how I spent my weekend! lol

Good evening, Violets..

Just a quick post before I head to bed. I posted a recipe on the recipe thread. We had it for dinner tonight and it was DELISH!! I have enough for lunch tomorrow.

Michelle.. lovely gesture by your DH. Glad you have Hospice involved.

I rode an hour on the terra trike today and then we spent a half hour in the hot tub. I'm off to read some more in the Stephen King book. I've read almost 400 pages and am not even 1/2 way through, but it sure is a good read.

Laura.. so sorry to hear about Carson, you and Russell. Hope you all feel better soon.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Edited by Teachlady

Oh Laura, does not sound like fun!! I am knocking on wood, but I haven't had the stomach flu in years!!

Well Dr. didn't give me any samples of singulair, but he did give me samples of antibiotics. He said he has to clear that up (nasal), I told him that he already prescribed me two different kinds with no help. Does he not write this stuff down??? Anyways he said try this one and if it doesn't do the trick get a ct of my sinus's.

Well I am off to watch some tv before bed.........