Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

oh laura, that's so sad. praying for her...

juan's aunt and uncle are both doing well. we all prayed so much that everything would go smoothly and so far it has. she's not in the clear yet. She won't be discharged until next week. But at least for now her body is doing great with her new kidney...

i'm very happy to hear about jenn, judy. I really really hope the new medicine helps along with the counseling...

pammy - any news on your MIL's mass? I pray that it's nothing serious. I hope you got your keys today!

michelle - can't wait to see a pic of the shawl you made for your MIL... I'm sure it's gorgeous... I am so happy for your steady weight loss... You are working hard too just like judy! I continue to keep your MIL in my prayers...

Suzy! Congrats on being a foster parent! I'm sure you'll do great! how was your first night with her?

Janie - sucks about your car but glad that you had emergency funds set aside for it... and OH so happy about your 9 pound weight loss! You are doing awesome. Just keep doing what you're doing. It'll come off slowly but surely...

ohmylordy i've been super busy... it always happens on this month though. we get swamped with calls and i'm seeing clients almost every night... We have a wedding this saturday, then one next friday, then one next saturday. I'm trying to leave everything set and ready since I'm not going to be here. this one bride who is just having her 15 min ceremony on thursday afternoon is driving me bonkers. she's already come to the house 3 times to practice walking. WTF? I'm usually there with clients and I see her driving up. Then she emails me every night wanting to ask me a million questions. HELLO. 15 min ceremony. not complicated... At the beginning she said she wanted something very simple, it was just her and her fiancee and their parents, blah blah... So I practically gave her the time for free. And i've regretted it ever since. i'm ready for thursday. i just want to get on a plane and fly far far away...

Pam! we posted at the same time. Congratulations to you both and I can't wait to start making plans to come see ya'll! I'm already getting excited!

Pam, that is great about the house!! Have you gotten anyone to rent the house you are currently living in? I swear if I wasn't allergic to dogs I would move out there!!

When I went to pick up my car, they told me my donut tire had a big split in it and couldn't fix it, they also said they couldn't find another one? I came to work and called Hyundai and they said they couldn't get one!! Why would you put something in a car you can't replace? So they said I would need to buy a rim and then have a tire put on it for my spare. We are talking at least $200 for a spare! So I called back the place that originally had my car and asked them to see if maybe a donut could be found in a junk yard car. I mean my car is 10 years old, but it is an elantra, and they still make those. They called me back later and found one for $75. So much for having $50 left from car repairs, now I get to add to it!! YUCK!

Michelle I bet the shawl is beautiful, hope you can post a pic.

Pam, thanks for saying I am a good driver!! I think that is funny, I know I am not a great driver, you should see all the dents and scrapes on my car. I think Judy and Michelle are the only ones that have driven with me. I did have a VERY good defense driving maneuver with them in the car that makes up for the hill. Isn't that right Michelle????

Haydee all I can say is thanks!!!!!!!!!

Well, I feel like Gia and I are settling in a little. She had a great day at school yesterday.

We went and had dinner with a friend of mine last night so that was nice. She is testing me a little -- more at night than in the morning before school. Last night she asked if she could wear eyeshadow to school. I said no. She didn't bring it up this morning. She wanted to wear her favorite shorts to school and grabbed them this morning, but I told her she probably should wear long pants because it was cold this morning 32'. She put the jeans on without argument.

We go to court on Tuesday and she wants to go with me. Her dad will be there for the hearing as well. This is the inital hearing to discuss if Mark will be doing anything to get her back. I don't think she wants to go back, but we'll see. Then Mark and I will talk without Gia (it's a shared parenting meeting) to see what he can tell me about what works with parenting her. Not sure that what he was doing was working, since she is scared to death of him and is living here..... The social workers will be there as well.

I told her we would Celebrate her birthday and mine tomorrow. Hers was in January and mine in February. She wants to get her ears re-pierced -- they grew back together and her dad said she could. So that's one of the birthday presents. I think I'm going to get her some drawing paper and pencils. She mentioned last night that she likes to draw.

My hair person cannot see her until next weekend, but she seemed ok with that. Her step mother had cut her hair very short and truthfully, she looks like a boy. :smile2: It really bothers her. Her hair has been like this for a little while though so another week won't kill her. The earrings will help her look a little more like a girl too.

Gotta work on the bedtime routine, she was still awake at 11:45 last night. I told her from now on no more caffeine after dinner. And I'm going to have to channel SuperNanny or something. She does not like to go to bed.

Off to call a recruiter about a job. He called late yesterday afternoon after we left to meet my friend.

Have a great day!!

Suz

Suzy that is so great about Gia, I like her name, it is pretty. Good luck!!

Well this morning like every other morning I have a smoothie for Breakfast that the Dr.told me to put two scoops of this powder in. I was thinking it sure tasted different, just tasted like the mango. Well I finished it, and went to wash the glass and realized that instead of two scoops of the powder I put in two scoops of Miralax!!!! OOOOPPPSSSSSS. Oh well hopefully I will not have too many problems from that.....

I hope all is well with you Judy!!!

Have a great day and a good weekend!!!!!!

Suzy that is so great about Gia, I like her name, it is pretty. Good luck!!

Well this morning like every other morning I have a smoothie for Breakfast that the Dr.told me to put two scoops of this powder in. I was thinking it sure tasted different, just tasted like the mango. Well I finished it, and went to wash the glass and realized that instead of two scoops of the powder I put in two scoops of Miralax!!!! OOOOPPPSSSSSS. Oh well hopefully I will not have too many problems from that.....

I hope all is well with you Judy!!!

Have a great day and a good weekend!!!!!!

OOOOO JANE!!! This made LOL for REAL!!! You are really one of my favorite people, the purest heart! I hope your day goes, um...smoothly!

Gotta run! life ins lady her in 45 and i gotta put my face on!

Good morning, Violets..

It's a lazy day today. No Ethan, no meetings, no rehearsals.. nada... zilch. I don't know how to behave!!

Ethan is coming over tonight for a couple of hours so Joe and Jen can go out. They have lots of decisions to make soon about jobs and finances and housing.

Janie... you SILLY girl!!! 2 scoops of Miralax? ? You are going to be one regular lady!! I just finished my hot chocolate with Miralax while I was reading your post.

Well, I lost a pound when I got on the scale this morning. Now I'm back to where my ticker says I am. This is one heck of a difficult journey to get to goal!! I know I can't make it by the wedding date, but I'm sure going to give it my all. Temps are supposed to get in the 40's for the next few days so I might be able to get the Trykke out and have a spin around the neighborhood.

Suzy..glad things are going well with Gia. She's lucky to have some stability in her life. She definitely testing the boundaries with the shorts, isn't she?? :w00t: But it seems like she's appreciative of you setting the rules. Kids really need that in their lives.

Michelle.. did you go online for the shawl pattern?? Betsy made one for me for Christmas and she used a loom. It's so comfy and a great gift.

PamELa.. today is the day!!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of the house.. especially you in the pool and hot tub. Jen is doing ok with Ethan, but I miss the little guy. If she cuts back on her work load, then I will get him even less. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and not seeing him every day is like a withdrawal. Steven is living with his dad two blocks away and has not been told what happened to his mom this week. He will be with his dad for awhile yet. Jen says she doesn't know how she can face him knowing what he wrote and said about her. He is one child that I think would be better off in foster care. Neither parent is able to take care of him properly. Sad situation.

Laura.. so sad to hear of your friend's mom doing the same thing. She never should have been signed out, but I'm guessing they realize that now.

Haydee.. glad to hear your aunt and uncle are doing well. George Lopez and his wife did the same thing and he's doing great.

I had a cup of honey nut cherrios with 1/2 banana for breakfast and my hot chocolate a half hour later. Time now to get dressed and chillax the rest of the day with my tabloids.. :smile2:

Everyone have a great day and weekend!!

Oh Janie!! Good luck today....

Pamela -- KEYS!! Yippee!!

Judy -- hope Jen, Joe and Ethan are doing better!!

Michelle -- is Mo still ok? Hope MIL is doing better. Glad your husband went to visit.

Laura -- any news on the day care?

Haydee -- breathe!! Sounds like you have been busy!

Hi Heather!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

No, today is not a good day... DH called right as I was walking into the grocery store and so I pulled over my cart into the corner of the flower shop area and he told me all bad bad bad news... crying @ the grocery store... great. It's a bit complicated, so I don't want to go into all of it here & now... suffice to say that w/out treatment they're giving her about 2 MONTHS to live, w/very aggressive (read: agonizing) treatment, maybe a year or so.

How is it that a mere 6 weeks ago I was lounging poolside w/her, reading our books & sipping our 'ritas -- & now she has months to live?????????????

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU JUDY for answering the phone when I called for my emergency Violet Sister SOS to talk me down off the ledge of diving headfirst into everything chocolatey/sugary I could stuff into my cart!! It worked! I purchased a box of WW 100 cal mocha ice cream bars & ate one in the car on the way home while blasting "Defying Gravity" by the Glee cast -- don't know why, but that combo took the edge off.

Although I keep bursting into tears at random moments... I'm having a hard time getting my head around the suddenness of this.

It's one thing for me to say "life's short"... but this really brings it home!! It so totally absolutely positively SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but I know you gals are here for me.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Having a good day so far. The sun is out and it's 36 degrees. Just got a call from Joe and Jen is now a part time cashier at Big Lots. She will be working two days a week so that means I only get Ethan two days a week. Better than nothing!! Her boss gave her a big hug, told her loved her and would do anything to get her better. The down side is they lose their insurance they have only had for a month. But she has it until March 16th so they are going to get as much done as possible before it expires. She then can apply for medicaid. She was turned down before because she made too much money. They are going to have to look for a new place to live though. They can't afford the one they are renting now with her pay cut.

Boy, you think you're going to raise your kids and then they are on their own, but that's not the "Case", is it? I'm just glad we are here for Ethan and to help them out financially when we can.

Off to read my tabloids and get all the dirt!

Michelle.... I'm proud of you, Roomie!!!

Michelle.. you posted as I was typing!!! We are definitely here for you. I'm so glad you had the courage to call and ask for help. Even though I only heard every other word.. the word chocolate came through loud and clear. I'm proud that you took control and made good decisions. It would have been so easy to say screw it and dive in, but then you know you would feel like shit... yep, I said it.. SHIT afterwards.

Defying Gravity.... awesome song.. I could listen to that over and over and over again and picture the scene in the play. LOVED it!

Hang in there,Roomie. We're in this together. HUGS!!

Oh, Michelle, I am soo sorry to hear about your mother in law. There's not much else to say.......

HUGS!!

Michelle, I am so sorry about your mother in law! It is never easy to deal with this, I pray you and your family get through this horrible time.

Good morning, Violets..

Another cold morning here.. 12 degrees, but supposed to get up to 40 by afternoon. The Bobster and I are headed out of town to go shopping at Kohls and Lowes. The closest one is an hour away so we're leaving in a little bit to catch the early sale at Kohls. He needs to get a carousel for his Keurig coffee pods. And I just need to window shop.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Lots of good and bad things happening to us and our families, so we need to support each other.

Laura.. have fun in Tunica!

PamELa.. how was the first night in the house??

Michelle.. hugs to you, my Violet Sista..

Hi to Janie, Heather, Suzy and Haydee..

Could it be that the best part of the Keurig is the carousel? Call me crazy!!

Off to work, had a slip of sugar yesterday, but went to Walgreens after and didn't want anything!! That is pretty impressive. I am not saying it is okay to cheat, but it is good to know that I didn't blow like I usually do if I eat something not on the plan.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! It is suppose to get warm, I think it started out at 24 (?) and it should reach the 50's!!

Michelle, one of my customers went to D.C. this weekend and hoped the snow was gone, is it? How are you and your family doing?