Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Me either.. but here's an idea. I don't have a mom anymore and never had a sister. I would love to be a daughter/sister on a trip to Disney. My kids wouldn't care where I went as long as I brought back presents.....soooooo I'll volunteer to go in your place, how's that??

Gosh, you'd do that for lil' ol' me, Judy? It's not true what they say about you -- you're the best! :wink:

Michelle, I think I would go. You take the kids to Disney as often as you can . . . it is a whole different experience if you are going just as an adult with adult company. I am sure they would understand especially if it was a gift to you. They are almost grown and sometimes adults need "me" time.

I left work a little early yesterday and went to the gym before I picked up Ayla from the sitter. They had a belly dance class just starting so I thought, why not? It seemed like it was really low intensity but I haven't been exercising much lately, perhaps it is OK to start low.

I ended up having a great time and think I will make it a normal pattern for Tuesdays to go for that class in particular. The funny thing in class is that I knew all the words to most of the songs because they were primarily in Turkish. I thought it was kind of interesting to be in a big group and to be the only one who had any idea what people were singing about, lol.

I really missed the gym, I just forgot how much I enjoy it when I am there. I think this is the start of a good thing.

So my home scale says 146 and the gym scale says 153. Is it fair to pick and choose which one I like the best? I think I am leaning a little more towards my home scale numbers, lol.

Hey girls~

Well the video taping is OVER!!! And I still have all my teeth!! LOL. I only now have to wait for the video and write up the analysis. Whew!!!

Michelle, go go go! You deserve it, and it is good for your kids to see you doin' your thang! It encourages and models independence. Plus the opportunity to have a mom/sister/Michelle mini vacay is sooo worth it!! You can't get back those moments.

We are off to the Museum of Tolerance in LA tomorrow. Going to be a long day, we leave here at 6:30 and get home around 4:30 or 5!!! ON A SCHOOL BUS W/ 55 KIDS! Yikes!

Janie, not sure when we move yet...in our heads we are moving every day! Still waiting to hear! Just a bit crazy now...crazy good and worried but crazy!

OK..that is it for me! Pie hole report was f'd up by 8am...my friend made homemade cinnamon Cookies and she gave me 3 wrapped up w/ a ribbon...how could I resist? I had them for breaky (w/ cottage cheese).

have a great day

ok...HERE WE GO!!! A mobile notary is on her way over and we are signing our docs tonight..we were approved!! I just got home from the bank where I wire transferred my money into escrow. We do our QUALITY WALKS next Friday morning...get the keys Friday pm!!!

That is sooo great Pam!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure what I would do Michelle. Ask your kids and see what they say!

I am pooped!! It hasn't been busy at work. Why am I pooped?

I went grocery shopping tonight, and came home in the freezing cold and walked up 3 flights of stairs with groceries!!!!!!!! Why oh why do I live on the third floor!!

It's 10:15pm... do you know where your Violet is?

Why look -- she is still at her desk working! 12 hours after she started! Ay yai yai!! This is giving me a headache! Just short breaks to drive a kid somewhere or cook something for the crew... then back to work!

I wanted to ask, what do I do with butternut squash. I am supposed to eat some everyday. Bought some cubed at the store, do you eat it raw? Cook it?

I wanted to ask, what do I do with butternut squash. I am supposed to eat some everyday. Bought some cubed at the store, do you eat it raw? Cook it?

We LOVE butternut squash. Split it in half, scoop out the seeds, put both halves face down on a cookie sheet, (I use parchment paper to line the sheet) bake at 350 until it's soft.. probably 40 minutes or so. Scoop out the innards, mash up with butter, salt and pepper. Sooooo yummy!!!

My 1 day employment

So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter,

A good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day...

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud,

Unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling

obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.

Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say,

'Heck no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.

Why the heck would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or stupid?'

So I replied,

'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone

slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at

Wal-Mart.'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.