Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning, Violets..

It's a beautiful sunshiny day here today. 18 degrees, but who's counting. Oh.. I am.. I lost another pound so that's 2 since Wednesday. Sure is funny how the band works when you listen to it and add exercise!!

Nothing on the agenda today except picking up some oranges from the Lions fruit Sale. No Ethan, no Bob, no nuthin and the best part is.. I have a car again!!!! wooo hoooo!!

Everyone have a great day today!!! Love you ladies!!

Hello, ready to head out to work, then a quick trip to Kmart, then to my parents to help with Anna.

Judy that is great!!!!

I am trying to decide if I want to get on the scale or not. It can take such control over what I do. But, it is an indicator of loss!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girls~

I went to the gym!! Big accomplishment! Susanne is pissed at me cause I am not helping w/ cleaning...I am willing to hire a maid. I HATE CLEANING...sorry. Oh well.

have a great day

update:

OK, not pissed too much anymore. I danced and made her laugh. We are never mad too long at each other. I reminded her that she met me I was a single woman who had a maid. I am not lazy, but have 2 jobs and I hate to clean. She looks forward to it. The other day, I asked, "whatcha thinkin' about?" She said, "it wont really be hard to clean the new house!" WOW...I hadn't thought about that one at all.

I hope we go to Shutter Island today! I walked the dog a mile, and did 25 min at the gym. Cleaned to poop...now grading papers while the towels dry!

have a great day!

You gals always crack me up.

Janie, glad I could help! :wink2:

Yay Judy, you're doing great! :thumbup:

Laura, rent a flick & snuggle where it's warm! :w00t:

Pam, I agree w/you in theory about the cleaning, but somehow I can't transition that into reality. A few years ago I had a housekeeper who came 2x/mo... but that fizzled... now it's back to me. But if my partner said "Life's short! Get a maid!" oh man, I would in a flash!!

The boys are in Williamsburg, DD is @ the barn 9-5, I ran errands this a.m.... now I should work. I should. Really, I should. I just don't feel like it!

I am struggling... w/making good food choices, w/my emotions w/MIL & Mo (who hasn't pooped again now in 2 days can you !@#$%^ believe it??). It feels like the entire month of Feb I've been walking on eggshells w/myself, capable of bursting into tears at the littlest thing... I HATE that feeling, like you're about to cry... & I've had it SO MUCH this month! I have it now... I've had it all day! It makes me want to curl up on the couch & do NOTHING... just sulk. And eat. Because eating is like anesthesia to me. So it's even harder to resist. I'm trying tho. I keep telling myself that it's not worth it... that afterwards I'll actually feel WORSE than when I started... so far, that's working. What a funk I am in! Have been in all month! I don't like it one little bit! This is not me at all... rickin' frickin'!!!

Oh Michelle...

You and I are definitely clones. February has been a horrible month for me as well. All the garbage at church that just seems to go on and on and on with no resolution, troubles with my son and his financial choices and trying to get our finances managable. It all just brings me down and I don't like feeling like this. If it had not been for the Lenten promise, I'd be eating non-stop right now. It's helping to keep my head in the game and definitely the "gliding" exercise puts me in a mellow place. I even did the whole 30 minutes at one time today.

So yes, I totally understand where you are right now. We just have to try and be strong and know that food isn't going to solve any of the problems and will ultimately be another problem if we let it. So hang in there.. I'm trying too.. we all are!!

HUGS!!!:thumbup:

Michelle, hugs are top on the list for you. This situation sucks. Take it from somebody who gained all their weight they lost with the lap band plus some, the food is not worth it. Now I am really struggling!! I feel like I am in a good place right now, but that _________(fill in the blank) is not worth it. It makes you feel more out of control, and that pushes everybody farther into that funk!!!!!! Wish I could make it better!! Hugs, hugs, and good thoughts!!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Darn chilly here this morning.. 13 degrees, but the sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to 35 degrees today. woooo hooooo! I have church this morning and then I'm picking up a church member at the airport and driving him to his house a half hour away. Ethan is coming over for a couple of hours while his mom and dad work, so he'll be going with me. Fun, fun. If Bob gets back in time from his services, he can take Lou home from our house, but if not, I'll be the one doing the driving. Not a problem, but it cuts into my nap time!!

I finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle last night and now am starting Making Toast. I saw a review of it in People magazine this week and it sounded interesting. I love that I can go Amazon.com and type in the book name and poof... there it is on my Kindle.

Everyone have a great day today. I weighed in and am the same. I ate well yesterday and did my 30 minutes of gliding.

I'm having my tuna, soy nuts and mandarin oranges right now. Will be outta here at 8:30.

Thanks for understanding, girlies! You hit the nail on the head, Judy... "It all just brings me down and I don't like feeling like this." and you, too, Janie... "the food is not worth it."

I don't like feeling like this... I like feeling calm, cool, collected, & in control -- oh yeah, and peppy & happy, too! I don't like wasting a day of my life being mopey -- life's too short! I try to enliven even the mundane tasks of life... they make up the bulk of it, so why not? But with me, hope springs eternal, and each new morn brings a new chance to get back in balance, so I'm greeting this morn w/a smile.

To get through it yesterday I allowed myself to eat as much as I wanted of anything -- but it had to be low carb! So I made a pot of soy meat crumble, veggie (onion, shroom, zuch, & canned tom) faux "chili" and dug in... and as I suspected, I could get down only about 1 serving before I just felt full. Sneaky, aren't I? I knew if I dug into ice cream or sweets, it'd go right through and I'd never stop.

Have any of you read "The Happiness Project"? I got it out of the library and skimmed it last night... it looks interesting... but it's due back in a few days, and looks like a slower read than a novel (especially w/working & knitting), so I think I'll return it & then go and buy it w/my Xmas Borders gift card.

Today's agenda: clean the house (that always makes me feel better... not the doing it part... the after it's done part!)... take dd to get some new riding boots (why she waits to tell me she needs new ones 'til when the entire heel & sole are 1/2 off, I don't know!)... maybe take her to the barn (it's such a glorious, sunny day it'd be a shame to waste it all inside)... & work.

Make it a good one, dear friends!

Good Morning Girls~

Notice I haven't chimmed in on this topic...because I suck really bad now. I still have a band, so I can't clean my plate, but damn if I don't try. I did eat all my nachos from Denny's (sooo good) and a diet coke (all of it) and laid on the couch soooo uncomfortable. I need to actually diet. UUUGGG! In the middle of the night, I was thinking about doing the liquid diet again that I did before the surgery...just to get my shit under control. Just short of wiring my mouth shut. Usually, I have a better sense of control, but lately, I feel like I have no control. My life is swamped and packed and I have 1/2 a nostril out of the Water. I am not really complaining, I signed up for all of this. But then it comes to food and anything goes! I need to get it right soon...feeling sick and fat.

I watched my teaching video yesterday:eek:! I love the teaching part...I AM PRETTY GOOD! But just don't recognize that fat lady. I actually remind myself of Rosie O'Donell. My mannerisms, expressions, and intonations are spot on. As for the content...I am proud to turn it in. The lesson was good, the students were good, and the outcome was great!

I have papers to grade today and go to the market. FOODFOODFOOD!!!

OK...off to grade after a quick stop at Facebook.< /span>

loveyougirls!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm back from church. Choir did an awesome job on the anthem, so that made me proud. Rest of the service was :redface:

I got home and started cleaning out my car so I could pick up Lou at the airport. Took it out and vacuumed it and took a wet rag and wiped it down on the inside. Then I get a call from Lou that he missed his connecting flight and won't be in until 11:30 tonight, but has someone to pick him up so I'm off the hook. But Ethan is still coming over, so no nap I guess.

I had my tuna, soy nuts and oranges for Breakfast and for lunch I fixed two scrambled eggs with the meat cut from two slices of bacon.. no fat. I splurged and put in a tablespoon of cream. I'm slowly eating it now. Got to get my exercise in today too. Technically, Lent doesn't include Sundays so I could really not worry about carbs and sweets today, but I'm sticking with the program. I don't want to ruin 4 good days of eating and exercising. I have some new motivation too. A friend from many years ago has moved back to Alpena and she has rejoined my choir. She and I always were the two fatties and tried every diet and exercise there was. Well, here we are many, many years later and I am almost normal size and she is huge. I gave her my old choir robe that I shrunk out of and it is too small for her, so I'm going to get Kathy's robe (my friend who has lost almost 100#) and see if that works. I really want my friend to say... "wow.. how did you do it"?? because I know she could benefit from it too.

PamELA, one of my favorite people is Rosie.. I read her blog every day and listen to her on the radio when I'm in the car and have XM. What a coincidence.. I read your posts everyday and you're one of my favorite people too!!

Ethan has arrived so time to be Gramma for a couple of hours. Everyone have a great afternoon.

Did anyone beside me think Judy was really making toast?

Good morning!!!

Pamela you do not suck!!!!! If I said that you would be 'that is not right', wouldn't you?!?!?

I love the teaching part...I AM PRETTY GOOD! ... As for the content...I am proud to turn it in. The lesson was good, the students were good, and the outcome was great!

Of COURSE it was -- you ROCK, kiddo!! I had no doubts whatever!!

& I'm right w/you w/the busy-ness... that's what I think a big part of my issue is... so busy in mind & body that I just give in to the road of least resistance when it comes to food. But recognition of the prob is 1/2 the battle... right? :redface:

Wow Judy, what a great (for you) tangible reminder of where you were & how far you've come -- I bet your friend will ask you one day!

Janie... thanks for the text... my phone battery died, so I couldn't text back, but I got it & it made me smile.

I'm @ the barn, supposedly working. No, I am... this is just a little break, yeah, that's it!!

I was out of control when the band broke up until a couple weeks ago. I kept putting off getting back in the game. It's so much easier to just eat n eat, and I had no motivation to not. I did the liquid diet for about 5 days then slowly transitioned into food. It has made the world of difference, I have had no trouble reigning in the food, I am back in control. Hope you guys can find your mojo again, it took me a damn YEAR!!!

The scale is rewarding me, thank goodness.

We've had 60 degree weather for 2 days now, it's so confusing. And my constant allergies I've had since pregnant, are 100x worse when they dust the fields--which they did yesterday. Nose is bright red and raw, and I can't stop sniffing and sneezing.

We bought a freezer for the garage--YAY! I've been needing that for a long time, our freezer is way too small and too full. Went to Sears, the employees were such shits, it'll be a long time before I go back there..

I guess that's it, just spent 3 hours trying to get a tired baby to go to sleep.. took both of us laying in bed holding him while he squirmed and shrieked.. but finally.. Carson and Russell are asleep.

We saved $80 grocery shopping last night.. we've become coupon cutters.. who knew all these savings were out there!

Laura, I love that picture of Carson!! Good for you for finding your mojo!! Sometimes that is all it takes!!

I hear you on the allergies, I have tried everything, I guess I am going to have to go to an allergist and get shots, it is just sooo expensive!! My deductible is 2500 so basically I have to pay it all myself.