Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I got back on myplate. Sunday I had 4500 calories (don't ask, and I won't tell! This has been my eating pattern for a while, which causes me no gain or loss).. in comparison Monday I had 1400, and yesterday I had 1200. Going in the right direction at least. I'm starting to realize I have maybe too much restriction, even liquids are getting hung up. So I think I've been just forcing stuff in there and it sat around a while, thus a possible stretching out. Hopefully I can handle this on my own! As far as limiting my diet, I have been putting it off for months, no motivation, and Sunday I decided I would 'set a date'.. then I did myplate to start tracking, I was horrified, and somehow it ended up starting Monday just out of disgust with myself. So far it's been unusually easy. Waiting for the ball to drop. We have so many temptations in the house, and I've even LOOKED at them, and nothing does it for me right now. Somehow I got into the mode of nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels!! I don't know where that came from :thumbup:

We're freezing here, in the 20's.. had snow/sleet on Monday, ice yesterday, and snowflakes today (not sticking yet), and I heard Thurs night/Fri suppose to have bad snow storms. Huh. Someone come talk to me about global warming, we never have snow, and suddenly we're a semi-northern state here!!!

Way to go, Laura! Sounds like you're getting your head (& the rest of you, lol) back in the game. Isn't it funny how that spark of motivation can come out of nowhere?

Today's "snow event" is different from the one over the weekend in two ways: less snow, but more wind, which creates blizzard conditions. Lovely. Also, our snow blower broke this a.m... a belt snapped & dh has called all over the county & either places aren't open or they don't have one. So now it'll be old-fashioned shovelling... we'll all take turns, as we have only 1 shovel!

Have I mentioned that I am SO. OVER. WINTER!

Today's baking is cinnamon swirl bread, from scratch. There's something primal within me that I must bake on snow days. Which is fine during a typical winter when it snows only a few times... but it's getting crazy this week, lol! The family likes it, though!

Global warming is a fact. It does not mean just warm weather... it means that it affects the weather pattern and the jet stream. We can see that in all the strange weather happening around the world now. We are getting our second snow of the season today. I just got done snowblowing the driveway. That's only the second time the snow blower has been out this winter and that's REALLY not the norm. I got to the bank and then sent my ring back to Hawaii to be fixed. $35 to send insure and send it!!! YIKES! At least they fix it for free with their lifetime guarantee. One of the prongs broke and a diamond chip fell out.

Laura... good for you getting back to myplate and monitoring your food intake. I'm sitting here eating my brunch of tuna, soy nuts and mandarin oranges. Sound familiar??

Hope everyone is having a good day. Where is Heather???

Yes, Michelle, I forgot to mention that to, now I know what it looks like when I come for cinnamon bread!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!! It might take me a little longer with the snow, but if I blow off work I could be there in maybe 10 hours.......

Never mind Michelle, I just looked it up and it would take 14 hours on a good day to get there! Wow, didn't think you were that far!!!!!! Still love your house!!!

Never mind Michelle, I just looked it up and it would take 14 hours on a good day to get there! Wow, didn't think you were that far!!!!!! Still love your house!!!

Thank you!

It does seem funny about your location, Janie. I always think of you as the Violet in the middle... that you should be able to get N, S, E, or W easily... but I guess the distance is deceiving, huh? Interesting...

And I must admit also... what with having the whole fam-damily home & inside since last Friday, altho the outside looks lovely... the inside? Not so much! I'm trying not to let it bug me, but... as soon as I clean something, it's messy again! So I'm trying to let it go... breathe... breathe...

lol...

I think I found my dress for the wedding!!! Only problem... it's not purple.. :rolleyes2: But maybe I can find a special purple outfit for the other wedding celebrations, besides the actual wedding, I mean. Am I rambling??

Love the new pic Judy. Made me laugh, because the other day this is what I changed my phone background to:

post-216201-13813139128589_thumb.jpg

Hey Girls~

For some reason the last couple of times I've tried to post from work, it pops up w/ the error thingy. I am fine...

Just busy and busy and a bit busy! Trying to figure out what to do w/ Klausy.

Hey...Susanne jsut walked in w/ my presents from Jane!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

XOXO

They are so cute and small..but work great!

Love the new pic Judy. Made me laugh, because the other day this is what I changed my phone background to:

Baby in a box... don't ya love it??