Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Had a nice long post and clicked some button and it went poof. Had to step away from the computer and breathe.

I'll try it again.

Haydee....the dessert was made by Kris. I don't make Desserts anymore. It was sinful. She left 4 pieces with us and Bob has already devoured 2 of them. I'm avoiding temptation.

It's bright sun shine here today. 25 degrees, so cold, but at least no new snow.

Michelle.. hope you are coping there with all the snow and Mo's problem.

Ethan is sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. So cute.

I'm going to the church board meeting this evening and then out for Chinese with some friends. I'm sure we'll discuss church issues. We seem to always end up doing that.

4 more months and I'm done!

There were lots of good commercials last night, but I really, really enjoyed all of the E-Trade baby ones. Thanks for the link in Facebook, PamELa... I enjoyed watching them again.

Off to do some laundry. Will check back later.

Starting a liquid diet today, in case I stretched somethin out. Going to try to go till V'day.

Nope, we came in to work today. Here's some vids from Friday and today. He likes visiting all the girls at work.

And he's learned to pull to a stand in his little gate area..

He is just so gosh darn cute, Laura! Your dad better watch out... Carson'll be running the joint before you know it!

Thanks for all your kind words & purple power for me re: Mo... I am a mess, truly. So sad. Splitting headache. This a.m. @ the vets was hard... trying to decide what to do / what's best for Mo... the vet even recommended a surgery to remove his colon (& then it's replaced by the small intestine)... but way beaucoup bucks for THAT! & dh was w/me, so... We also had to discuss the euthanasia option, as well. He's as backed up w/really hard poop as he was back in '08. Ugh. We chose the "put him out & go in & clean it out" option (still a LOT of $)... I was sitting there, holding Mo, crying & crying...

The vet called just now & said they're done w/him for today... he came thru anesthesia fine... the vet said that there's SO much in there & it's SO hard... they will keep him overnight + IV Fluid push & may have to do another round tomorrow morning. We're now in a snow warning for tomorrow - Weds for another foot of snow! So we need to get him back before that occurs.

When he returns, there is another motility medicine that we'll start him on, + the Lactulose that he's on now... I think I feel so badly because I feel guilty... I'm the one who gives him his meds & feeds him & cares for him, so I feel like I should've noticed this earlier, or that I did or didn't do something that would've prevented all this... I was honest w/the vet & told him that we're very busy, on the go a lot, and that I do my best... but I'm concerned that now I'll have even MORE to do w/him and dh said that this is it -- if it happens again like this, he goes to the big litter box in the sky (my nice way of putting it... he used much blunter terms).

So can you see why I'm a mess? So much rattling around in my head & heart... and I really feel like it's all on me... well, because it is! duh.

Sorry for the ramble... I'm hoping it's cathartic to get these thoughts/feelings out.

Edited by mdrai

Poor Mo... I know it's hard to decide what's best.. :)

He's a cutie!

I bought a dress for Haydees wedding, I think, I am not even positive that I am going, but it was just a flukie thing, walking through the store and saw this. It is black with white dots. It has started snowing hard, so I dropped the dress off at my moms and then came home before rush hour. I had a productive day, I went to the bank, post office to mail Pamela and Michelles tweezers, the eye place to get an exam, got new glasses, went to dillards got my makeup, catherines where I bought that dress, the new cvs that opened up (we just are now getting cvs's) and seems like someplace else.......

Pamela, I thought that was your pool, but wasn't sure if it was just a picture of a view from the neighborhood. NIce!!!!!

Haydee I just did a distance thing and you are 13 hours 19 minutes from me.

Oh, now I remember what else I did, I got a new printer, I just wanted a printer, they asked me what for? (Are they serious?) To print.................... I spent $75 for a printer that copy's and scans and who knows what else. Best Buy just didn't have a basic PRINTER!! I was also being cheap because I had a gift card to Best Buy that I was going to use for a GPS. I wonder if I can find one at Best Buy for $25???

aww michelle, sending you some big hugs. My heart belongs to my fur babies so I know how much turmoil you are going through right now. I hope the new medicine helps him so that this doesn't keep occurring. Does the vet have any idea why this happens to him so much? Poor poor Mo... Big hugs and kisses to his sweet sweet face...

Laura - aww that child just tugs at my heart strings everytime I see his cutie pie face. I can't believe how big he's gotten since we last saw him. I wish you could bring him with you in May!

Judy - sorry about your lost post. That's happened to me before and it sucks! I try not to make too many Desserts either. Me and Juan both have sweet tooths and we would probably finish them all!

Jane - woo hoo! That's a good sign that got a dress. I hope you are able to make it here!

Well today I had my last appointment with the caterers. And lo and behold we liked the $5000 caterer the best. Big surprise! So anyways, we went ahead and booked with them. ONE BIG CHECK OFF MY LIST! I'm so so so excited. Oh and I booked the group for the cocktail hour too! Nice latin jazz trio. We paid for the honeymoon this weekend too. Needless to say we are eating ramen Soup for the next few months, LOL...

We are off to church now. There is a parish wide adoration that we are doing this week every night from 7-8pm. Everyone have a great night!

Good evening, Violets..

I'm back from the church "bored" meeting and dinner. I won't "bore" you with the "bored" meeting, just suffice it to say, same o... same o. This could be the neverending story all over again.

Janie... I've been looking for a dress, but have not had any success yet. Well, I did, but $168 is a little too steep for me!!!! I'll keep looking.

Michelle... I see you're getting more snow... yikes!!! Hope Mo does well with the procedure. He's such a beautiful cat.

PamELa.. how did everything go with the house today?

Laura.....liquid diet??? Do you mean the 5 day pouch test or truly liquids for a week??

Off to watch CSI:Miami and then head to bed. Grady comes at 11 tomorrow for a couple of hours while Kris gets her hair done.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well...

OMG ladies.... we have to be at Denny's really early tomorrow and be prepared to work until 2... free breakfasts for everyone. We're going to be some really tired waitresses by 3 p.m. Everyone get your rest!!!

I have my 8:00 am meeting tomorrow, hope we don't get too much snow. My car is in a carport, plus I live really close, so no problem for me, but everyone else is another story..........

I don't know if I told you guys this or not, but I contacted my Dr. that did my LAP-BAND® and wrote a note about how frustrated I was with myself and the band yada yada. She called me and gave me the name of a Dr. to see. He is a medical Dr. and specializes in bariatric medicine, not surgery. She said that may be my answer.

To tell you all the truth, I have been struggling so much the past few months, I am scared for what I am doing to my body. One of the reasons I have not made a plane reservation is because I know I won't fit without a seatbelt extender and am too ashamed to ask for one. When I met up with all you in Texas two years ago, I was 50 pounds+ and still didn't fit. I don't know what the answer is. I KNOW what I am supposed to do, but why am I not? As I sit here typing this, I think how silly, all you have to do is eat right, exercise, and follow the band rules. Simple huh????? Really I am not telling you this for you to pity me or feel sorry for me, or anything like that. Basically it is info for you guys to know where my head is at and why I am being so wishy washy about things.

To say I am glad I met you all is an understatement, the last paragraph really makes me feel so vunerable, but I know you guys won't.

Anyways I have an appointment with that Dr. next month, and am hopefully getting a fill tomorrow, and sunny skies are just ahead.............Right???????????

Judy the only thing free at Dennys is the grand slam. Did I ever tell you guys I was a waitress there for 4 years? Here in St. Louis last year when they did that they made the news for crowds, or being out of stuff or something.

So yes, busy busy for us! But, the really good thing is because people are getting it for free they might leave us more tips!!!!!!

Janie,

I know what you mean...I worry I wont fit...and one time I didn't on a little plane to phx. Hit some good turbulance and you can really go flying.

I read on here about buying a seatbelt extender online and always having it. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND your frustrations w/ the band...we do "get to" eat. I hopehopehope for you to find some solutions w/ the next doctor.

Please know we are here for you. Feel free to vent or whatever you need. You are an amazing lady and a very dear friend no matter how close or far...and you make some KICK ASS frozen margies!

Keep your head up sweetie...we love you!

Judy...house passed inspection w/ flying colors. There are a couple of thingys to deal w/...more cosmetic than anything else. Moving forward...think we will be in escrow wed!!

xoxox

Janie... we are all struggling with this weight journey. I do every single day. I have been at a stall for well over a year now. And I see my friend Kathy losing steadily 1-2-3# a week and I eat less than she does. It sure does do a number on my head and makes me want to say the heck with it. I try so hard and it doesn't work. But then I think of all of you and I know we're supporting each other and we're in it together for the long haul. I'm so glad you contacted your doctor and she gave you the name of the other doctor. At least you are being proactive and still searching and haven't given up. That's what it's all about. None of us has given up.. no matter what, we keep on keeping on and it's so great to come in here every day and stay in touch with each other through the good times and bad. Hang in there... EVERYONE hang in there!!!! We all lean on each other and support each other. That's what it means to be a Violet!!!!