Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

This snow is actually a bit scary! We've got about 2' on the ground, with more coming through 10pm tonight!

The worst part is: Mo. He's *really* stopped up now and if it was a normal day he'd be off to the vet. I'm worried about dehydration as well. You know how things always seem worse @ night? He threw up at about 11pm, so I was on the bathroom floor w/him 'til about 2am, giving him Water from an eye dropper every 20 mins or so... I called the emergency vet and their genius advice was to bring him in! I was crying and crying. At 2 I moved us to an easy-type chair in the bedroom (my butt couldn't take the hard floor!) and I sat in the chair & dozed a bit, he curled up on my lap & dozed, I'd give him water every so often... & that was my night. DH woke up @ 6am so I put him on "Mo watch" & I crawled into bed and got a couple hours of sleep. My regular vet called this a.m. and now I'm giving him warm water enemas every hour or so to try to soften him up... + the water orally via eye dropper... this is so not fun.

Michelle... you would think that if they can figure out things like Miralax for humans, they could certainly figure out something for animals. Hope everything comes out alright for him... literally.

We are just having a few flakes of snow, nothing like what you are getting. Gotta love that jet stream and the effects of global warming on it. We have 60 less inches of snow this year than last.

A new Sausage Shoppe opened up today in town so we headed there to get some sausage. We have some honey BBQ brats for supper. Plus we got some different kinds of smoked sausage to have with cheese and pears for a snack tonight. yums!!

Off to Walmart to get the groceries for tomorrow and the big game.

They DO have Miralax for cats... he's been getting 2 doses daily everyday for a year or more now... more when I think he needs it... and he *still* got wedged up. It's a sticky liquid that he hates, so yeah, that's always fun to do. Pets. Gotta love 'em.

Now "they" ("they" being the newscasters who are on 'round the clock since yesterday morning) say we may get more snow on Tuesday! AND that it could be a week or more before schools can open / we can get out!! Pandemonium!

Am spending the day surfing the Web for knitting patterns (on ravelry), playing board games, and reading a new book "Shadow Tag" (about a woman who's keeping two diaries: one is the "real" one that she keeps in a bank safe deposit box, and a "fake" one that she knows that her husband reads)... just started it yesterday, it's ok so far...

Just got an email from a friend whose daughter just had a baby a week ago. She named her Emerson Violet... How kewl is that?? (hint, hint, Haydee)...

Wow... 'Snowmageddon' Now if we had that much snow it would be called flurries.. :thumbup:

Hope you're staying warm, Michelle. "They" say you won't be able to leave your home for at least 5 days. Seems impossible that you have that much when I'm looking at bright sunshine and birds at the bird feeder.

Quick check in...

Mo kitty...feel better!!! GO POOP!

Michelle...don't cry sweetie...hate to hear you crying.

We SIGNED THE CONTRACT THIS MORNING...moving forward now!!

MIL is here and we are going to to show her the house at 3pm.

Post more later!

xoxoxo

What a pretty name, Judy!

Yay Pam!! So excited for you -- thanks for making me smile w/the thought of a margi in your pool -- someday SOON!!

Here are more pics of the house... after the snow finally stopped and the sun actually came out!:

oh drat... ds hasn't loaded them yet... will post them later...

but look what I found while looking for the pics! (Actually, I found LOTS of old pics, but won't bore you w/more than 1, lol!) A pic of ds "reading" a book to dd from 2001 (so she's 3 & he's 7):

post-56398-13813670353314_thumb.jpg

There are diapers on the shelf in the pic, so she might be 2, he 6... be still my heart!

post-214707-13813139095449_thumb.jpg

Ugh Michelle, I feel for you. That sounds like a horrible night. At least it sounds like the enimas are doable, I threaten gracie with enimas around xmas when she is eating that crap that they had to clean out last year.. if I actually had to do it, I think she'd maul me.

Hope Mo gets some regulation soon :thumbup:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Pam!! So so happy for you guys. See, now with that new snazzy place ya'll gotta have a 2011 wedding. HINT HINT.

Michelle, our big snow storm hit you guys! We are now supposed to get another big snow storm Sun night and Monday. Keep your fingers crossed, if we get snow, you don't!!!

I had a very hard time motivating myself this morning that is why no post!! I hope you all are having a SAFE fun weekend, superbowl, birthday, snowstorm, new house, pending wedding, new sausage shops.............

Good morning, Violets...

Busy day today. Leaving at 8:30 for church.. then lunch afterwards, then singing rehearsal from 1-4, then dinner out, then getting ready for the Super Bowl. Got my bbq baked bean dip, spinach/artichoke dip and seasoned oyster crackers on hand. Kris is bringing shrimp and some kind of dessert.. help me Lord!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Judy if I leave now will I get to Alpena in time? Wouldn't that be a hoot for the doorbell to ring and me standing there???????????

Well I am planning on doing some paperwork and list some things on ebay. It is sunny here today, they are saying that there is no way we are going to miss the snow, but that is what they said the other day so we will see.................................................

I'm looking out the window waiting for you Janie!!! If you don't get here soon, everything will be gone! I'm chowing down on a thin, thin crust pizza. We'll bake the dips and have the shrimp and dessert during halftime. YUMS!!