Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning!!

No dream update, slept like a log last night and don't remember or didn't have any dreams, I usually don't.

Today is another slow day at work.

Purple power to you Pamela, there will be a sign that will help guide you!! I think mortgage rates are low right now aren't they?

Okay off for some coffee..............

I remember I wasn't allowed to shave till...whenever, not sure.. but when I was 11 I shaved my legs, and got in SOOOOO much trouble. And she made me think I was going go turn into Chubaka.

Haydee is right Michelle, my mom is my best friend, look at all you have to look forward to!!

I know, I know... it's still bittersweet.

Being "allowed" to shave was a big honkin' deal when I grew up, and I didn't want her to have to fight for it or have it affect her self-esteem... I'm really trying to make natural bodily transitions be just that -- natural... and to keep our lines of communication and respect open as we enter the pre-teen/teen stages... It's so not how it was when I was that age... sheesh, we didn't talk about ANYthing... and I don't want it to be that way w/my kids... so far so good, I think...

Where's my roomie been lately?? Judy?? Where are you?? (Maybe she's off shaving!)

ugh, in my house too. It was such a huge deal... I got in so much trouble for using the razor on my legs when I was 13. I wasn't allowed to shave until I was 15. Same for plucking my unibrow. Makeup. Painted nails. It was a fight fight fight each time. BUT this was only for me! My little sister erika started shaving when she was like 11 and wearing makeup at 12 or 13, can't remember. They didn't care by then, LOL.

buuuut, at the same time I now get where my mom was coming from. What her reasoning was that stuff like that was done to beautify oneself for boys and I shouldn't be trying to do that yet. She said I had the rest of my life to worry about waxing and plucking... again, at 13 I would just roll my eyes. But now I do get it. I would want my litle girl to stay a little girl as long as possible too. So what's a mother to do?? Mother's have the hardest jobs...

:eek: , cheesy polenta,:)

LOL, read this after reading the Placenta stuff, and saw "cheesy placenta"....ok, I need a life or new glasses...:)

Oh my gosh Mae, too funny!!! That is a different kind of cooking isn't it??????????

Actually I don't know what polenta is, but I do know that it is something you eat on a regular basis.

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

We here on the East Coast are gearing up for a "major," "significant," "concerning," snow "event" starting tomorrow noonish & continuing through Saturday, so it's "bread! milk! toilet paper!" madness for me today, lol! Ay yai yai, why did that crazy woodchuck have to see his shadow the other day? I blame him!

Will check in after I'm back from storming the grocery store in search of my family's "snow food" requests: cinnamon Buns, pizza, potato salad, hot cocoa... healthy ones, my fam, yes? :)

They are predicting something here, not sure what, only half listen to them. It seems though, if they say we are getting it and don't, you do Michelle!!

Where is Judy????????????

My nose is still running................

Hi to everyone else and remember Pam, tomorrow is a half day!!!!

Polenta is like grits.. in fact, I'm making a cheesy polenta recipe, but I'm using grits.

Good afternoon, Violets.. Busy day today and yesterday not much going on so not much to post.

I was up early to welcome Ethan for the day and then went to the church to fold bulletins, rehearsed for a couple of hours with my flute quartet and then had a hair cut and color. Got home at 1 and had lunch.. egg salad sandwich. I made the mistake of saying the words "swimming pool" to Ethan today. Now he keeps asking when we can go swimming. I said if it keeps being this warm, we'd be able to open up the pool earlier this year. Now he thinks I mean today. I said when the snow is alllllll gone.

I have nothing else planned for today. Going to put a pot roast in the pressure cooker and see how that turns out. I've had one in the slow cooker, but never the pressure cooker. It takes 45 minutes, so we'll see.

Got all my bills paid for the month, so now I'm going surfing for a purple dress. :) Everyone have a great day. Hope you're feeling better, Janie!!

LOL funny how kids are ready to swim in snow.

I actually remember swimming in a creek we lived by in January when I was a kid. Me and my friend turned bright purple, didn't phase us. Mom flipped out!

Hey Girls~

What a freakin amazing ride we've been on! We got home from the mortgage company at 10:30...left at 10:20 pm. The good news is that we had no dinner. I was STARVING!!! AND CRANKY!!! Then we went home and had a complete meltdown. Should we...shouldn't we????? I was balling, it was bad. I've have 5 hours sleep, cried most of the night, look like shit and have conferences until 7pm tonight!!!! That is that update!! f*^k!!

Other than that...life is too busy. I had some idiot (or so I thought) send me 4 emails over a 2.5 hour span ASKING ME THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER. I first wrote, "how dare you..." then deleted that (thank goodness) and came up w/ a better email. I reminded her that I have a full time job too and that I check emails at least once a day. She called (could tell by the tone) and said she kept getting error messages that is why she would retype them. I knew something was up cause it was the same question reworded each time differently. anywho..I am glad I didn't send that first email to her. Did I mention I am tired and cranky.

ho hum...write tons cause i am stuck here...and cranky...wwwaaaahhhhhh!

oh noes!! why the crying??? if you don't think you are ready for it then why not wait?? Maybe you feel like you are rushing into it and need to slow down??

anyhoo... I'm going for a catering sample tonight. A potential caterer. I want to know what the difference is between the $3000 quote caterer and the $5000 caterer. They are both providing the exact same stuff and they each quoted me very different prices... weird...