Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Whew! I barely had to time to get today's preparations completed, what with all the shopping and wrapping and decorations and cards... such a crazy holiday!

:angry:

post-49456-13813670341664_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139090995_thumb.jpg

Whew! I barely had to time to get today's preparations completed, what with all the shopping and wrapping and decorations and cards... such a crazy holiday!

:angry:

[ATTACH]18758[/ATTACH]

HAHA...I was like, "WHAT HOLIDAY?" I first looked at the date to make sure my screen didn't pull up a Dec. post. YOU GOT ME! haha

Hey girls, same story...no gym more sleep! Klaus woke me up at 4:45 but he laid back down...so I did too! LOL...He needs the gym himself!

I had a annual review meeting last night on the phone for Walden University. Took forever and got nothing else done. So, I'll be on my couch at 2pm (leaving w/ the kids today) and hopefully I can gradegradegrade!!

We have parent teacher conf. Wed and Thursday! I plan on working on my Nat'l Boards during my down time, haha! That needs to be done this month!

pop in later!

xoxoxox

Good morning, Violets..

Kind of a lazy day here today. Now that Phil has seen his shadow, I have to prepare for 6 more weeks of this cold, snowy stuff. But it's bright sunshine outside right now and 17 degrees. I have to catch up on laundry and EXERCISE today!! I'm headed up to the gym to work out while I watch The View.

Everyone have a good day. Will check in later.

Laura, omg I just watched that!!! Too cute!!! So far so good!!!

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? I keep thinking about the pea can thing and laughing. I am from Texas and we pronounce it 'pecans'. It is like the one line from Forest Gump that makes me laugh everytime I think of it. Bubba asks Forest 'ever been on a shrimp boat' and Forest says, 'no, but I been on a big boat'......

Okay I am off to the Dr. today. Hopefully my nose is going to get fixed!

Laura, still thinking about that video............

awwww that video is just too darn cute... She stays so calm throughout the whole thing.

Hello girls! Freezing my Buns off over here... I've been so busy these past few days... My boss that was let go left us with a mess! We all thought he was so competent and on top of everything and little by little we have uncovered mountains of work that didn't get done correctly. Huh, he really had us all fooled...

Ohhh laura - be careful on the roads. I can't believe how cold it's gotten everywhere... Saw on FB where you are headed to your coffee date tonight. How's that going?? Do you take Carson with you?

My sister mentioned yesterday that some new moms eat their plancenta. WHAT? and WHY? I was just shocked...

JANEY! I got my mini tweezers!! YAY YAY YAY! They are so darn cute. I just love them. I keep those in my car... Thank you thank you thank you!!

Pam - anymore news on your house deal? I'm so happy for ya'll!! And I agree on the continuation of the celebrations and think that it's time for you and Suz to make it official, LOL...

Good afternoon, Violets..

Well, I DID it!! I did 30 minutes on my glider while I watched the View. Sure felt good. I just took my shower and am waiting for my favorite shirt to dry in the dryer before I get changed for the day.

Haydee.... eat their placenta????? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I've heard of burying it, but eating it??? Gross me out!!!!

Sorry you've had so much extra to do at work. Guess he had you all fooled, eh? Was he fired because someone suspected this, or was it just downsizing?

Laura... video was cute. Those are my little people. I just loved 5 year olds. ;o)

Off to warm up left over Chinese from last night. I didn't get any Breakfast this morning. I'm just not hungry and nothing sounds good. I know... I need to work on that bandster rule.

okay, i'm back. had to go check the wedding countdown thread. OMG, we are almost in the 2 digits girls!!!

Michelle - WAY TO GO on the -8 pounds! You are doing awesomeness!!!!

Judy - glad the sun is at least shining! Congrats on the new kindle. I think I might cave in and get one soon. What got me was the fact that pam said you could read in bed and not have to worry about adjusting where your light is. I love reading horizontally but always have trouble with my bedside lamp not giving me adequate light. No issue if I have a kindle... I need it for my honeymoon anyways. I don't want to lug around all those books... Did you buy yours through Amazon?

i've never heard of planting a placenta! what would that be for??

he sure did have us fooled. He was not fired, he was downsized. But when my boss went into our accounts EVERYTHING was messed up. He half assed everything. He did enough just to get by and not cause suspicion. I wonder what would have happened? Eventually when we were closing out the year everything would have been discovered.

I've heard of eating it, not in our culture though. Cannibalism is still practiced in some tribes, and the point of eating it is to either honor something or continue fertility (without looking it up, that's what I remember).

I have heard about burying it in our culture though.

I didn't want to even SEE mine. Yuck.

Monday night out with my friends is fun, we DO NOT bring kids, it's our chillaxin time.

Well now I googled, I guess our culture does do it.. eh...

There are many reasons listed for eating the placenta, including it helping stem postpartum depression and it supposedly helps to contract the uterus after the birth. We know that many animals eat their own placenta, including as a means to hide the scent from predators.

In our modern world this may seem barbaric and some have even said that this could spread HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis. While this is very true if people other than the mother consume the placenta, normally it is only the mother partaking of the placenta.

In Chinese Medicine, the placenta is known as a great life force and is highly respected in terms of its medicinal value. However, in this field it is not cook, but rather usually dried. To dry a placenta you would simply dehydrate it in the oven, then using a mortar and pestle grind it up. From there you can mix it with food or ingest it within capsules. I have actually known one mother who did this drying technique. It is my only personal experience with placentophagia. No matter what you choose to do with your placenta, remember to value the life it has helped you nurture and bring forth. It is, after all, the Tree of Life.

Here is the link, but I warn you, it has a pic of a placenta... YUCK. The Amazing Placenta

oh my goodness, that is just horrible. ew ew ew ew... I asked her where she heard this and she reads a website called stfuparents.tumblr.com and apparently it's all the rage. ew ew ew ew....

there is an influx of weddings in our family all of a sudden. My family has a saying that loosely translates to once one block falls all the others come tumbling down... They predicted that once my wedding came around all these other weddings would come around. They say it's true for weddings and babies. Once one baby comes all of a sudden there is pregnancies all over the place, LOL... So this year it's my wedding in May, then my cousins wedding in July then another cousin in August. We all want to get preggo quick so then next year hopefully lots of new babies! Yay! I love it when families have lots of babies in them. We went through a period of many many years when there were no young children in our family.

Hopefully my sisters start settling down soon that way they can start having babies!

For anyone (Judy/Heather) that may have Baby Einstein videos.. I bought 2 and they are so ridiculously horrible IMO. They're crappy made, no better than a homemade YouTube video... anyway, apparently enough people complained, so they are doing refunds.

I am sending mine both back, if this applies to you...

The Baby Einstein

Remind me not to read the thread after lunch. EEEWWW...SERIOUSLY!!! I saw my SIL's when Johnny was born...omg, talk about gross! But I love it for giving me the bestest nephew in the world.

peaceout