Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Pamela, just in case I was kidding about the duet!!

WHY??? I think we should rock it out after some Janie's Famous Frozen Margies!!! LOL!

We got our glasses, but I won't be able to wait until 10 to see it!! I see a DVR rewind in my future.

I am shooting to go to the gym. My am coffee cup is out, sports bra, shorts/shirt and shoes ready to go. All I need is MY ASS DRESSED AND IN THE CAR BY 4:53AM!

Wish me luck!

oxox

Good morning, Violets..

Another cold, yucky day here today. But at least it's not snowing. I have my hospital shift this morning and a meeting this afternoon. No Ethan today. Joe worked from 8:30 a.m. till 10 last night so they won't give him any hours today. At least he got some hours in.

Off to get Breakfast and finishing getting dressed. Everyone have a great day!!

Hey Girls~

I suck! Woke up at 4:30 but changed the alarm and went back to bed :):confused:. I couldn't fall asleep thinking about the house. Now we are doing the normal "WTF are we doing" emotions. Scared! Sigh...still moving forward but worried. So I was up late, and couldn't wake for the gym. Could barely wake an hour later when Sus was out of the shower! Anywho...that is the excuse (albeit real) of the day!

Teaching, then quick meeting, then home to grade papers. Never made it to Michael Jackson thing...will try that later.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! Pop in later from work!

Good Morning! Happy February!!

So, total weight loss for January was 8.4 lbs... I was rockin' it 'til the trip, and ironically, I did ok on the trip but it was last week that messed me up... I didn't get right back on track and backslid. But, at least there's a loss this month & not a gain, yes?! Yes!

Now it's a new month! Here's some inspiration, courtesy of "Oxygen, Off the Couch" mag:

Your Attitude is Everything!

It's not so important that you want to succeed; it is essential that you understand why you want to succeed, and what has prevented you from achieving success in the past. What belief system and follow-up game plan do you need to put in place to gain that success?

Own It

If you blame everyone else for your failure, you are doomed. You have to take responsibility for failure, and do something about it. It's easy to lose "self-belief" if you've avoided the real question: "Why do I want to be fit, healthy, and shapely for life?" You have to understand "self-belief." It's the most powerful attitude lesson of all.

Write down your desires & wishes; post them up, carry them with you, read them two or three times a day. Develop a passion for your aims. Then you will begin to live them. And when you live them, results will come.

Look back at when you had a past success. ... Savor that success. Remember it and repeat it. Think about the things you love to do. Think about the things you are good at. Think about the qualities people compliment you on. Don't let anyone or anything hold you back this time. It's now or never.

Alter Your Mindset

Take steps to completely change your attitude. This will take some thought and concentration... and practice. Fake it if you have to. The reality will take hold in time:

*Attitude is the way you feel when you wake up in the morning.

*Attitude is the way you talk to your spouse.

*Attitude is the way you sit at the breakfast table.

*Attitude is the way you treat your kids.

*Attitude is the way you drive to work.

*Attitude is the way you greet your co-workers.

*Attitude is the way you greet your family on returning home.

So many women take steps to lose weight and get fit only to give up after a few months, weeks, or even days. You have to keep focused. Remind yourself of your ultimate goal. On those occasions when you see zero results, stick to the plan. Results are what count and they come to those who persevere.

Love life and be grateful for living. Each day is an amazing new day full of opportunities!

Can you believe it is February already? I dvr'd the grammys, didn't know part of it was in 3-d. It will be interesting to see that.

I woke up with a worse cold today. I have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow, so I will just wait........

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, that article you posted is amazing, how come they never advertise that???? I never thought about that. And Russ said 'well they've been out a lot longer", but that article was posting BOX OFFICE.. that's great, I'm going to copy that and send it around work. Do you have the original link? I want to see the rest of the list.

I'd love to see your new place Pam, and fill up that big ol hot tub. I'm sure you remember, flying between here and Cali is a PITA!!!!!! I wouldn't mind next year's gathering being at Dr. PAMela.. although keeping up with special occasions (Baby Shower, Wedding,..) maybe you and Susanne want to tie the knot in 2011? HE-HE!

So glad you liked it! I guess it sounds better to say a movie has grossed "$x million" in today's dollars than the fact that it's brought in less than Snow White in averaged-out dollars, lol! + I don't know if the 3-D version is included in the Avatar grosses as well? I typed it out from the article in the EW mag & it listed only top 10... maybe a search of their web site will turn up a more in-depth list? That list did remind me of some great flicks that I want the kids to see...

It's frickin' freezing here today... AGAIN!... & they're calling for "a couple inches" of snow tomorrow night (in a usual winter, this would have everyone flipping out, doing the "bread, milk, toilet paper" dance, but this year it's hardly worth noting!), & then another "storm" on Fri/Sat... what is with this winter??

Anyhoo... it's cold cold cold & I'm sipping hot green tea in my Palm Springs Starbux mug, thinking warm, palm tree-y thoughts...

I'm also avoiding actual work... can ya tell? :confused:

Fun facts from my PS, "Desert Playground" mug:

City of Palm Springs Metropolitan Profile

Incorporation Date: 1938

Elevation: 466' above sea level

Land Area: 94.2 sq. mi.

Avg. Annual Rainfall: 5.7"

Avg. Daily Temp: Jan, 55; July, 91

Palm Springs is located approximately 110 miles east of Los Angeles in the State of Confusion -- ha ha, just seeing if you were paying attention! -- that should be "California"

Fun facts from my PS, "Desert Playground" mug:

City of Palm Springs Metropolitan Profile

Incorporation Date: 1938

Elevation: 466' above sea level

Land Area: 94.2 sq. mi.

Avg. Annual Rainfall: 5.7"

Avg. Daily Temp: Jan, 55; July, 91

Palm Springs is located approximately 110 miles east of Los Angeles in the State of Confusion -- ha ha, just seeing if you were paying attention! -- that should be "California"

First of all WEIGH TO GO on the loss!!! You rock I suck...

Loved the article...printed it out!!

Sounds like you are in the mood for a Palm Springs "attitude" adjustment!~

Sounds like you are in the mood for a Palm Springs "attitude" adjustment!~

I exist in a permanent state of daydreaming of PS... & whenever I may return again... some day...

And... you do NOT suck... you're buying us that great getaway bungalow :confused:

Michelle, that article you posted is amazing, how come they never advertise that???? I never thought about that. And Russ said 'well they've been out a lot longer", but that article was posting BOX OFFICE.. that's great, I'm going to copy that and send it around work. Do you have the original link? I want to see the rest of the list.

I'd love to see your new place Pam, and fill up that big ol hot tub. I'm sure you remember, flying between here and Cali is a PITA!!!!!! I wouldn't mind next year's gathering being at Dr. PAMela.. although keeping up with special occasions (Baby Shower, Wedding,..) maybe you and Susanne want to tie the knot in 2011? HE-HE!

Even if we fake a wedding...come on out!

NO FAKESIES!!!!

We also do Dodge's chicken Boxes.. I guess they're like a KFC? I've never actually seen one, but that's what the boxes are like.

We had snow & ice this weekend too, which is so unusual, we don't ever get snow & ice. Had it several times this winter now.. and a week before that we had the tornados due to 60+ degree weather. HUH. Russ' parents (about 1.5h north of here) actually had 6" of snow! They took a pic of their ranch, it was crazy looking.

Our roads are tearing up SO BAD, our roads aren't freeze proof, so when it does freeze like that they crack and split and big chunks come out. Tore up a lot of new roads around here.

I hate Mondays.

Good evening,Violets..

So much for a lazy day. I did my hospital shift for 2 hours, came home, had lunch and then went to my meeting. We are planning the worship service for next Sunday. Our minister is doing a career assessment seminar and the sub is so creative. He's a former local actor and started up Alpena's year round professional theatre. Anyway, he had lots of ideas for the service. I'm singing some communion songs and he has the choir sitting on the floor of the sanctuary instead of up by the altar where they usually are. We had to remove the privacy rail on both sides of the church. What a job!!! It took Bob and I two hours to get it done. But everything is set up for Sunday. Now I just have to practice the music.

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!! KUDOS ON THE -8#!!!! I'm so proud of you. Wish I could say I did the same, but only -3# for January. But no guilt here.. I did the best I could with eating, following the rules. Just can't seem to shake the pounds like I could when I first started this journey.

I had 1/2 a Jimmy Dean D'lite breakfast sandwich this morning for breakfast, 1/2 cup tuna salad with raisins and soy nuts for lunch and 1 cup of chinese for supper. It was called Hawaii 5-0.. beef, chicken, shrimp, lobster and pork in a brown sauce with a pineapple ring. Very yummy and I have more than half in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. I had a snack pack pudding for dessert and will have some hot chocolate for snack in a little bit. That's it for the day. Just wish I had the energy for some exercise.

I got my new Kindle today!!! It's way kewl and I can't wait to start reading on it tonight.

No Ethan tomorrow, but Grady will be here for a bit. A singing rehearsal tomorrow evening and that's my day.

Hope everyone had a good day today. Where is Haydee???