Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

First...Heather...omg, I love her! I love the one w/ the flowers too, she is cracking up! What a sweetie...wish I could kiss her neck!

Janie~ you rock...my whiskers thank you! Can't believe it and hate it so much!

Michelle~ i hope you are settling in. It would be hard after a relaxing vacay to jump back in. Usually, cause I have summer off, I have down time, after vacay. A few years ago, I was back at work when 3 days earlier I was in Fiji!!! Couldn't believe I was walking in the hallway. Can't wait to see pix!

Haydee~ make no compromise on your big day...but let some stuff go just to keep the peace. CAN'T WAIT to eat whatever, dance to whatever, etc to whatever. Just gotta work on droppin' 70 lbs first.

Judy~ you are the busiest retired person I know. How has your dust settled after your vacay? Seems like you jumped right back into life and Ethan. Hope they had a nice time in Hawaii!!!

I am in a MOOOOOD today...por chillrens! Oh well...

I know I need to workout in the mornging...makes me a better teacher, w/ more energy and focus. I havent worked out since last Wed or Thursday (excuse was rain:rolleyes2:) and feel sluggish. Want to eat mass quantities, lay around and become the inner blob that lives inside me. haha.

OK...off to make lesson plans for Thursday and Friday. Kids are doing group work w/ learning partners...aaahhh...peace!

xo

"inner blob that lives inside me"

oh in me too. mine lives outside of me more than inside of me...

yeah, i think i'm fighting a losing battle with the food. my parents are very adamant about it.

right now i'm at the point where i'm beginning not to care. is that bad? all i care about at this point is #1 that i am getting married to my best friend, the love of my life and everyday I look at him and my heart swoons. #2 that my friends and family are all there to share this. #3 that I look hot in my dress...

that's it! serve ritz crackers with cheese and kool-aid. i dont give a flip no more...

"inner blob that lives inside me"

oh in me too. Mine lives outside of me more than inside of me...

yeah, i think i'm fighting a losing battle with the food. My parents are very adamant about it.

right now i'm at the point where i'm beginning not to care. Is that bad? All i care about at this point is #1 that i am getting married to my best friend, the love of my life and everyday i look at him and my heart swoons. #2 that my friends and family are all there to share this. #3 that i look hot in my dress...

that's it! Serve ritz crackers with cheese and kool-aid. I dont give a flip no more...

great attitude! Let's party! Ritz and a cocktail!

Oxxoxo

Good morning, girlies...

Here are a few pics from the trip... will post more as I get time...

Beach shots:

post-49957-13813670314027_thumb.png

post-49957-13813670314643_thumb.png

post-56222-13813670315103_thumb.jpg

post-24033-13813670315838_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139078908_thumb.jpg

post-214707-1381313907918_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139079476_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139079909_thumb.jpg

Family shots:

post-24033-13813670316545_thumb.jpg

post-24033-13813670317341_thumb.jpg

This one is from the night they "ran out of" water... so I "had" to get the 2 for 1 'ritas! lol!!

post-57855-13813670318422_thumb.jpg

post-57855-13813670319002_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139080186_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139080473_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139080757_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139081048_thumb.jpg

Edited by mdrai

Ahhh michelle! Just gorgeous! That water! So blue. I'm so ready for a vacation. Two more months then we are off to paradise for a few days too...

Your kids look so happy! Did they have a great time?? Looks like a perfect way to re-charge the batteries halfway through winter...

Yes, the kids enjoyed it... it took all of us a couple days to embrace the relaxing lifestyle, tho... we're all so wired to go-go-go all the time! It was sweet to watch them together... they were all each of them had for entertainment! They played cards, a dice game, swam, read, played in the pool...

post-50545-13813670322069_thumb.jpg

post-48232-13813670322833_thumb.png

post-62566-13813670323439_thumb.jpg

post-56398-13813670323996_thumb.png

post-214707-13813139082685_thumb.jpg

post-214707-1381313908299_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139083285_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139083715_thumb.jpg

Michelle, the pics are great . . . however they didn't help my jealous longings for a mid-winter trip somewhere sunny with beautiful blue Water, lol.

I think I might just have to convince my DH that we should go back to Mexico. He is a little afraid of Mexico when it comes to the food. The last time we were there, he went out on his own for lunch and stopped at some restaurant. He ordered a salad, bread and some Tomato Soup. The bread was OK, the Soup was like salsa so just not to his taste, but the salad . . . the chicken they put on it was chicken feet. He sent it back, lol. I didn't even know that chicken feet would be served anywhere. Haydee, I am not sure if you would know this . . . but was that a fluke or is that a standard in some regions?

I got a fill yesterday. .5 cc bringing me up to 13.5 in a 14 cc large Allergan band. I am now by official scale, 156.5 pounds. I have lost 2 pounds in the last two months . . . at that rate I should be where I want to be in 2012, lol.

For any of those curious about how pregnancy and a band slippage and resurgery can affect weight, this is what happened.

150 or so - got pregnant in early September of '08

140 Oct08 - Turkey trip/still losing in early pregnancy

188 Jun09 - Weight in dr's office on day Ayla was born

160 Jun09 - End of month after delivery

127 Sep09 - Home scale when deathly ill day before I

went to the hospital

146.5 Nov09 - First fill in new band

158.5 Dec09 - On solids and eating like no tommorrow

with no restriction. 12 pound gain in one month is

horrific and a record for me. This was also

encompassed Thanksgiving and the never ending Dec

party time of food galore for Christmas.

156.5 Jan 26 '10 - This is where I am now.

130-140 - the wondrous land of goal for me. I am happy

in this range.

michelle - love those pics. your daughter is gorgeous, just like you!

heather - chicken feet! oh noes! that was a fluke, maybe a regional food in that area. where was this at? what town?

oh and i'm glad for you about your fill. I'm at my absolute limit and can still eat and don't have an expanded pouch so how does that happen? last night i ate some meatballs between two pieces of soft white bread. yeah, no sticking... what the heck!

but I did speak to my dr. about my band and pregnancy. I'm going in for a complete unfill a few months in. I'm so scared of a slip and it's way too common. I'd rather be fat and just have a normal pregnancy and not stressed about whats going on with my band... just wanna concentrate on the baby. Here I am going on and on about baby. You would think I have baby fever or something :thumbup:

yes, please start sending violet baby dust around the beginning of may. we are going to start officially "trying" at the beginning of may...

Gotta run...LOVE the pix Michelle. I showed Susanne and she said, "yeah, if we get a new house, we wont go on vacay for a while..." To which I replied, "if we get a new house w/ a pool...we won't NEED a vacay!"

off to teach Earth Science! Dontcha wish you were me!

yes, please start sending violet baby dust around the beginning of may. we are going to start officially "trying" at the beginning of may...

Hmmmm.... maybe I should start another countdown!! 99 days to impregnation.. woo hoooo