Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Morn...

Am heading out early to meet a friend for coffee!

Janie, I hope you got your meds yesterday, so that they're already working this morning!!

Pam, How'd the presentation go? Great, I'm assuming!

Haydee, did you see/do you know the gal who was in last week's People mag (the one w/Kevin Jonas' wedding on the cover) from Spring, TX, who's trying to lose weight before her wedding this Fall & People is following her (& some other gals)? Have fun w/your fellow brides!!

Ack! I'm running late!! Everyone make it a great day!

Michelle, a motivated person would have gone yesterday, but I will go after my 8:00 am meeting. Last time there was no quorum so there wasn't a meeting. We just showed up and then left. I hope today there is a quorum!

Okay off to the showers...............

Never fear, I'm back w/today's thought for the day!:

1. The key to improving is progression, not perfection. If all you can manage right now is a walk to the end of your driveway, then do it! Next time go to the end of the driveway and five steps further. We each begin our journey at a different fitness level, but as long as we challenge ourselves a little each time, we will get better, stronger and fitter. If you haven’t worked out in five years (or ever) you won’t be running a marathon this week. But if you stick with it and keep progressing, you just might run one next year.

2. Muscle recovers at rest. We break muscle down in the gym and it gets repaired at rest. That’s how we get stronger. For proper recovery, you need at least one full day off each week and you need an entire day off before training the same body part with weights. You also need to get enough quality sleep!

3. To get results from exercise, pay attention to your diet! You already know that your diet makes up 80% of your physique, but do you realize that your body needs top nutrition to get the most from your exercise sessions? You can’t build a magnificent house with sub-par materials and you can’t build a magnificent body with sub-par food.

4. Consistency is king! Exercise has to be do-able for you. If you try to fit in too much, you’ll end up quitting altogether. It’s far better to work out four days a week consistently for the rest of your life than it is to try hitting the gym every day and then find you either don’t go at all or go irregularly. The same idea applies to time of day. The best time to exercise is the time that works best for you. It doesn’t matter if research shows mornings give you a 1% better result. You won’t get any results if you don’t show up!

Hey Ladies,

The presentation went great!!! It was a wonderful sense of community and the recipients were so appreciative! I didn't stutter too bad.

Michelle, I loved what you wrote (or pasted) about exercise. I started the eliptical at 7 min in June. Right now, I am not pushing myself too much...just doing 30 min and doing 2.2(sometimes 2.25) miles. It kills me, and is just enough for me. I do cardio and weights every other day. Today, I was so tired because Klausy was dreaming and he slept next to the closet, so he kept kicking it. I finally got up and had to move him. Then Sus had heartburn, and then Klausy wanted to go outside. LOL...we were up from 12-1 with all this. So when the alarm rang this am...I about died. But I got up and did it. I think of Michelle Obama when I am doing arms. I love it! Tomorrow is cardio again, then Thursday I am taking the day off since we have a 7pm movie on Wed. You have to go to bed by 8:30 in order to get up so early. But, I am not skipping a cardio day!

Last night, we went to Billy's after the presentation. I ordered a glass of white wine. I hadn't had anything since my salad at 10:30am. OMG that hit me hard...it was fun! I couldn't eat the chili I ordered...I said it was too spicy so they took it off the bill!

Today is minimum day. The kids are in the MAC lab now (w/ me) and they are taking a test for Teen Biz. Then we have a mtg this afternoon...blah! The good part is we get to go out to lunch. The bad part is we are going to Carls Jr. LOL...will I order a salad? Probably not, they have the Green Burrito in there...I am sure it will be Mex food!:thumbup::):)

Everyone have a good day!

Okay I went to pick up my medicine $130! Needless to say I came home and called my Dr. and hopefully he can prescribe something cheaper. Oh My GOSH!!

Good afternoon!

Just got back from the Y... my chest muscles are sore, so I did the treadmill... today was the first time I plugged into my iPod & wow! The time flew by! I don't have a "workout" set so I just listened to the Glee soundtrack, but it did the trick! The only thing is that I have to remind myself *not* to sing out loud! lol!!

Am reading a book that is current & scathingly funny about a dysfunctional family... but I want to see how it ends before I recommend it... I hope to finish it tonight...

But "American Idol" is on tonight! The auditions -- which are my fav part of the whole show!! I just love the earnestness of some of those folks who really believe that they can sing! + all the wack-a-doodles... fun viewing!

Piehole Report so far:

B = chocolate Protein shake

S = grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte @ SB

S = 1 T pb & 1 banana

L = 1 straw pro shake made w/ greek yogurt, milk, sliced strawberries, pro powder, & 1 T ground flaxseed

Full Disclosure addition to Piehole Report:

While making dinner: 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers... but man, am I paying for it now! Owie!

D = 1 mini italian meatloaf, a spoonful of mashed pots, brocolli (haven't had this yet... but want to if this plug of crackery goo moves out of my chest...)

~~

On a completely unrelated matter: Did anyone read Conan O'Brian's press release today? He's one funny, classy guy!

Okay, my antibiotics just went down to 57.18. Still a whole lot. I need to find out what is going on with my insurance. It went up to $669 a month, I have a $2500 deductible and now drugs aren't covered????? Remind me again, why I am paying so much?!?!?!?!?!?

On a totally different note, I don't particularly like Conan that much, but read his press release and you are right Michelle, he is a classy guy with a lot of valid points!!

grading papers...blah! what is the press release??? Please post link for me!

xooxox

Oh, & add about 6 snickerdoodles to my Piehole -- or should it be "Cookiehole" -- report for the day...

...tomorrow is a new day!

Good Wednesday morn, Vi's~~

Finally the day has come!! I get my hair highlighted & cut today! Woo hoo! It's been driving me CrAzYYY! Was supposed to go last Fri but it was a snow day...

Then Fri it's mani/pedi day... and voila! I'll be ready to hit the beach in style!

Finished the book & I do recommend it, although the ending was nebulous. It's called This Is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper. I found it simultaneously hysterical and heartwrenching. From the inside flap: "...a riotously funny, emotionally raw novel about love, marriage, divorce, family, and the ties that bind--whether we like it or not." I laughed out loud a lot throughout it... maybe I'm just warped!

Off to clean... this is my 4th week w/out any editing work & it's starting to get to me! The first 2 were ok, because I was busy w/Xmas... the 3rd was ok, because I was cleaning up from Xmas... but now I'm ready to get back to it! It's supposed to start rolling in when I get back... they always end the year cramming in as much as possible... so then the new year always starts out so sssslllllloooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy. Every year this happens... & every year I'm glad to get back into the swing of things!

BBL...

Good morning Violets~

Michelle, that sounds devine, hair, mani, pedi! aaahhh! Enjoy every indulgent moment! When do you leave for Mex? Remind me...I am old!

Stayed up until 9:30 last night and could barely get through my cardio workout. I MUST go to bed by 8:30 or my body doesn't work well the next day...but I did it. Taking tomorrow off and am HAPPY.

We are going to the Secret Super Surprise movie tonight. We have no idea what it is gonna be about and had to sign a waiver swearing we wouldn't speak about it, especially to the media. My GUESS is that it is a major blockbuster type that we get to see early. I'll let you know as much as I can later.

Gotta put my face on. Jane, I hope you found some generic something...that is crazy. Walmart says all generic meds are 4 buckeroos! Sorry about this!

Hey Laura...we miss you!

Did I tell you that we raised $12, 700 for Ciria! Judy, Michelle and Kat you kind and very generous contributions were beyond thoughtful! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! xoox

aaaahhhh, ritz crackers are my enemy. they always get stuck...

I want meatloaf! Saturday I'm having everyone over and I asked juan whether he wanted meatloaf or spagetti and meatballs and he choose spagetti. boo

yesterday was such a crazy day for me... I am SWAMPED at work... At home I didn't finish my organizing this weekend so i've got boxes of half finished stuff all over the place and I was supposed to get to it last night and it didn't happen. Ended up going over to my mom's for dinner and we worked on the menu for the wedding.

I wanted something more exotic but my parents are pushing hard for something more traditional... They keep saying that I have to appeal to the taste of many many people. ;)