Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Let me see if I can get them. I might order a dozen because I think that is cheaper, maybe not.

I think I had a mild case of flu yesterday, fever and sore throat, but this morning I was fine.

Haydee that is great that you have put all Christmas stuff away!! That is the hardest part!!!

I am jealous of the warm and warm to be girls!!!!!!!!! It is seven and supposed to go below zero again tonight, but then over freezing Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning V's~

Off to another movie this am. First up is the grocery store...real quick run in and out. We have to be in line by 8:30.

Yesterday, I give the first movie a 90%. Susanne gives it a 70. The second movie was great...then it just stopped, there was no closure and it pissed me off. LOL...I want my 2 hours back.

After the morning movie, home for football and grading papers!

Make it a good one girls!

xoxoxo

Hello from the barn again... it's only 27 but sunny so sitting in the car in the sun getting my vit d...

Slow, quiet day so far...& m liking it that way!

Pam... do u mean the movie physically stopped or it just finished abruptly?

Enjoy your days, gals!

Motivational thought for the day (at least for me!):

"Just holding a crisp red apple or a juicy mango in your hand makes you feel healthier. Compare that to the way you feel as you unwrap a grease-soaked hamburger and bite into the soggy white bun."

I haven't been doing much today. Not feeling great, I might call Dr. tomorrow. This flu/virus/ick has been hanging around for about 3 to 4 weeks. I want it gone!!

Here is to a great week ahead of us!!! Here in St. Louis we are supposed to be seeing temps over 32 Tuesday!!

Wakey Wakey Girls~

I kicked ass on the eliptical while my sweetheart slept in! Yeah me...that was tough since I got dressed to go to the gym, then laid next to her for a minute for a cuddle...lol...I could've stayed there but was good and got up!

Busy day...I'll post more from work!

Happy it is Monday!

xoxoxo

Good Mon Morn, Vi's~~

Another day in Alaska here... temps, anyway... brrrrrrrrr!

Janie, I hope you feel better soon!

Pam, Way to go! You're our exercise fiend!

Hi Haydee, Heather! & Judy... floating somewhere out at sea...

Today's a regular Monday... ds & I will hit the Y @ 2 when he's done w/school... then dd has her riding lesson...

Everyone make it a great day! Keep warm!

Good morning my violets! Yay pam for leaving your warm bed and even warmer partner... i was late to work this morning because juan was completely wrapped around me and I didn't want to get up. It's worth it every once in awhile to just say F-it and just stay in. It was so cold when I left my house. AAHHH, I can't take much more of this! I'm ready for March and for warm sand...

Jane - I hope you get to feeling better! I think that if you've been feeling crummy for almost a month it's time to get to the doctor for some help.

My sunday was so productive... I went to the bridal show and booked a wedding day coordinator, I cound my linens and I set up interviews with catering. I think I'm so so close to being done. I have tons of pidly stuff to do but big stuff is almost done... The only thing we have to work on is our budget. Since my hours are cut here at work we are putting alot less money into the wedding budget. Scary! We need to cut back on other stuff...

I'm sick of monday already and I barely got here, LOL...

Thought for the day (from the January 2010 Self magazine):

Perfectionism

"It's awfully tempting to put off pursuing your goal until you're better prepared or totally sure you can hit the mark. Unfortunately, that ideal moment may never come. Perfectionism can be paralyzing. Perfectionists tend to have an all-or-nothing view of the world ("I need to drop 20 lbs before I can rock a bikini."), so it's important to identify the rewards that come w/making even a bit of progress toward your dream. (You can still frolic in a two-piece and feel good about your body without dropping two dress sizes.) To do that, write down your aim (e.g., to lose 20 lbs). Then detail how you'd benefit from getting 25%, 50%, or 75% of the way there. Fill in the blanks below, using the examples to guide you:

*If I achieved 25% of my goal, I'd feel great because...

*If I achieved 50% of my goal, I'd be happy because...

*If I achieved 75% of my goal, I'd Celebrate because...

<Examples: because... I'm exercising regularly; my clothes are looser and I feel healthier; I feel better about my body; I get to buy new jeans; I've lost almost all the weight and feel amazing; I'm much more confident.>

This exercise will help you value incremental change. Pat yourself on the back each time you make one stride. If you don't reach your inital benchmark, you'll be able to relish the progress that you have made without getting demoralized."

I love it Michelle~ Thanks. I agree...celebrate everything we do to better ourselves...because we deserve it!

Michelle, thanks for that, I really need to get that mentality!! I printed it out!!

I feel a little bit better today, but I am still going to call Dr. after their lunch. I hate to make their Mondays even crazier with a not very important call.

It is still cold, but tomorrow, tomorrow we are over 32!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you Pamela, I don't know how you do it, I need to get myself out of this funk and be a productive person again!!

Haydee, was it fun going to that fair or was it more work and kind of stressful? I bet you are glad everything is coming together. I do hope I can come to the wedding.

the wedding show was fun but overwhelming. if you aren't there for specific things then everything just becomes a jumbled mess... I hope you start feeling better janey, physically and spiritually too...

michelle - that was so nice, i printed it out too. i'm usually guilty of that, if not everything is aligned propertly then nothing gets done.

i still have the monday blahs.

i'm meeting with another group of girls tomorow. another online group i joined when i started doing wedding stuff... this group is all local girls though. and i emphasise "girls"... i'm the oldest oldest in the group he he he... anyways, we are meeting for drinks tomorrow after work. half of them aren't old enough to drink! ay ya yay... we are getting together to chat about wedding stuff...

Hey girls~

I don't know if I've told you but today, for the City...I (we all are) will be presenting the Community Service Awards on behalf of HRC. I nominated that lady I worked with on the Structural Racism summitt. She wont be there because she is presenting in New Orleans on Racial Equity. I have prepared and have to give a 3-4 short paragraph speech to the audience...and it is supposed to be on the news. I'll post the link if I am on the news! HOW MANY POUNDS TO THE CAMERAS ADD???

Wish me luck and send me skinny thoughts!

Janie...YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT CALL...make them work for it...and feel better soon!

sending you positive violet thoughts! don't you dare worry about all the extra love on you when you are doing such important work! we love you and are so proud of all you do pammy...

I got some antibiotics from the Dr. I just know how crazy the phones can be after two days off.......... Plus did I mention that I hate calling the Dr.??????????????

We got in the 20's today, haven't gone out, I am trying to decide if I want to get antibiotics today or wait until the morning. I have got an 8:00 meeting in the morning. Who knows...........