Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Friday night is pizza night so because we're all home today I thought I'd make completely homemade pizza -- dough AND sauce both from scratch! But of course I had only 1/2 as much flour as I needed for the dough, sigh, so instead of being deep dish, it'll just be regular crust! Of course, I doubled the sauce, so I'll just freeze what I don't use. The dough will rise while we're at the barn, then I'll come home, put it all together, add a salad, & voila! Pizza night! The house smells so yummy w/the sauce simmering on the stovetop!

I feel so domestic today!

Off to flip the laundry & get ready to go...

Everyone have a great Fri eve!!

Tuesday night we dripped the faucets, insulated the pipes under the cabinet, and left cabinets open to get the heat... froze up. 2nd night we RAN the faucets, nice steady stream, still froze up. Nothing you can do, just cross your fingers they don't bust. In places that get this cold, the pipes in the walls are insulated well... here, well, they don't insulate them. The pipes are in the wall, an outside wall, and I can't get to them to do anything.

Snowing still today.. we came into work, everything that was closed said re-opened at 10am today, so we decided it's ok to drive.. it was for the most part.

Parents on their way back from Bahamas, they said they had to pay $10 each to get into the smoking area in the airport.. and they segregate men from women. How funny.

She has been sad that Carson is going to forget who she is.. and so tonight she is coming to get her keys from me around 7, and she said KEEP CARSON AWAKE. Don't see that happening!!

One of our little (looks around and see's Judy is gone) FUCKWADS threw a hat at me today in the hallway. Gotta love middle school!

oh that sucks laura. to have that dread feeling of not knowing what's gonna happen with the pipes. that really sucks...

so bahamas was cold right now?? that sucked for your parents. but they go a few times a year, no? I'm thinking when we do our family trip to Isla this year it's gonna be cold... I hope not, i'm ready for some warmth! BUT, i'm not tanning this year. I'm gonna cover my face and arms as much as i can. I need to stay one color for the wedding and my color right now is just right...

pam - oooohhh i would have been so pissed...

Ok, got to get to Curves to work this afternoon, but wanted to stop by and say HI!!

My laptop has been back at Best Buy for a virus infection, it got infected as I was getting better from my double ear infection from Christmas.

I'll catch up on the postings later.....

Hugs!!

Suzanne

michelle - YUM! homemade pizza sounds so good! So impressed! homemade dough and everything?!! I bet it tastes amazing...

I'm by myself tonight so I will probably have Cereal for dinner, LOL. I plan on getting home, putting my PJ's on and snuggling on the couch for the evening. Going to sleep early! And with all 4 dogs in bed! Yay! Then tomorrow it's deep clean day. Since Juan is out of the house it'll give me a chance to really pull everything out of everywhere and get everything organized. Our christmas decor is still up inside! Everything is down outside but I haven't had a chance to do the inside...

Laura - what's wrong with the baby??

I was running EXTREMELY late this morning so didn't post. Went into work and a lot of people canceled, so I canceled my last one and left after doing two people. I don't feel great, but not bad enough to be sick, but did come home and laid down for a while.

Haydee next time I am at the supply store I am going to buy you some more tweezers! They are really great tweezers and cheap, I have three pairs because I have chin hair!!!!

Okay I am going to lay back down, maybe I feel worse than I thought...

Janie, order me 3 pair too please...I need some cheap good ones. They are hella expensive!!

Rant alert ** I didn't have time to post this yesterday. WTF?? Took my computer to Best Buy to have the virus removed and when I picked it up yesterday the desktop wallpaper had been removed, my home page on Internet Explorer had been changed, favorites not showing, icons on the desktop were put in a folder, a geek squad icon was added, added a calendar, clock and notepad to the desktop, etc, etc. Ummm, isn't this my computer. Put it back the way you found it (minus the virus, of course!!). Rant over.

Since the computer has been gone for a week, I guess I'll be upstairs working all weekend. Probably not a bad thing -- it's chilly here in Charlotte too and the third floor of my townhome is the warmest and I'm so cheap right now I turn the heat way down on the main floor during the day. The top floor doesn't have a programmable thermostat so it is constant and the sunshine adds extra warmth to the office and the spare room. The cats love to sleep in the sun while I'm working.

Target and Curves have both cut my hours so I am going to have to watch every penny. Hate that!!

Years ago my Mom sent me a card that says grapevines (and probably people) have to be pruned back and it sometimes seems very severe, but that it is to make the roots stronger. Ok, kept the card as a great reminder but dang I'm tired of being pruned.....

Basta!! (Enough! in Italian) No more whining -- I'm going to get some work done!!

Have a good (warm) weekend!!

Good Morn, Girlies...

Took dd to the barn first thing this a.m., then went to the Y & did 20 mins on the arm/leg elliptical (which I've now learned is called the "arc"), then a quick stop @ the grocery store, & a quick stop to get my eyebrows waxed... now home.

The Y is a big deal because #1 I went by myself & #2 it was hella busy & there was nowhere to park... so I could've *very* easily talked myself out of it & who would've been the wiser... but I didn't! I found a spot, went in, & did it! Yay me!

Janie, please put me on the list for a couple tweezers... where do they go, I wonder? I buy them & then -- poof -- they're gone! I've never splurged on a really good or professional pair before... so yes, please! Any color (but a Vi one would be sweet!... I could think of my friends while plucking my eyebrows... lol!)

I have to bake Cookies for ds's indoor soccer team today... lord give me strength!!

1 week 'til we're in the air heading to WARMTH!! I can't wait! That thought alone should keep me out of the cookies!! Me in a bathing suit in a week! :):eek::frown::eek::w00t:

Enjoy your days!

Hey Girls~

Did 1 hour and 20 min at the gym...20 min elip, abs, arms, back, obliques, more arms,...kicked my own ass! Personal best on the elip too! Came home and dunked 3 small xmas Cookies (almost gone) into the coffee! haha...

Michell, OWN THAT BEACH GIRL! Pull the girls up...work that sarong (sp) and walk around like your shit IS HOT!! It is all about the attitude! Sexy comes from within!!

Judy texted me from LA. Can't believe she is this close...but still so far. LA is crazy. Only 2 hours away but worlds away!

Laura, I hope the boys and you feel better soon!

Jane, when should I send a check...I am ready and want a puple one for sure! Friends that tweeze together stay together!

We saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night...AMAZING!!! It was in Swedish but sooo great and easy to follow. I loved it, but think we were the only ones who hadnt read the book. I came home and downloaded it last night. The lady next to Susanne (the house was packed, completely...and the house seats 1100...it was at our high school) ate some sushi crap that had this juice shit everywhere. She got it all over her hand. So I smelled it the entire time. That plus the guy (or gal) in front of us who kept "rippin' 'em off" (passing gas) the entire night. So I smelled ginger farts all night. AND I STILL LOVED THE MOVIE! Haha...it was great.

Today is "On These Shoulder We Stand" about the LGBT community in California in the 40's etc. And tonight is "White Ribbon" which I think is a German movie. We love the festival! Meet so many cool people.

OK...gonna take my little baby for a walk. I love the big guy and he didn't get a walk yesterday cause we were busy!

PS~ Sorry...but I am wearing shorts and a tank top for our walk. 75 today!

Suzy, i can't believe that the geek squad would move all your stuff around... that sucks that you have to redo it again...

i'm so sorry that you're struggling right now... it sucks that all i can say is "keep your chin up"... the only good thing is that you can come on here and vent anytime you need to... i hope things turn around for you, you deserve it...

janey - thanks for the offer of the tweezers, that would be fantastic. How are you feeling today? What was wrong yesterday?

michelle - aaaahhh, warm Cookies. i would be all over those!

pam - have fun today at all your movies!

send me violet strenght today! i'm having to do major major cleaning and i want to get it done before juan comes home tomorrow... right now i need to get off the computer, and get my butt moving.... aurghhhhhhhh here i goooooooo

3 hrs and i've put away AALLLL christmas stuff. tree is just waiting for juan to come home and break down and put away. I've got chicken waiting to get into the crock pot. don't know what i'm gonna put it in yet...