Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

LOL Jane, I have avoided that movie...it is different when you live it.

Judy, congrats on the eating. I ate 1/5 pieces of pizza and drank a beer. UUGGG!

ok...working on Middlesex still. Enjoying the journey on this one, but am anxious to read Agassi's book! Was Patrick's book sad?

peaceout girlies...check in AFTER the gym! xoxoox

Hey Girls~

Home from the gym and the grocery store. Was so tired last night I went to bed at 8:30 (woke up at 8:30 on the couch...walked to bed) Up at 5:30 and at the gym by 6am!

Going out to Jackie and Melissa's house tonight for a shindig! Should be fun!

Everyone have a fantastic day!

Good morning, Violets..

A lazy day today. Bob is doing the funeral at his new church and won't be home until this afternoon. I don't have a car since Joe is using mine so I'm stuck here until Bob gets home. Got an email this morning from my internet server and they said some music was illegally downloaded from my network. ????? I called and they said it was probably the security on my router that was at fault.. so I went in and reconfigured my router to beef up the security and it still says it's unsecured on here. NOW what do I do?? I don't want to lose my internet privileges because of some nitwit neighbor downloading music using my signal!!

The Patrick Swayze book was kinda sad knowing the outcome, but it was very interesting concerning his upbringing, dancing and movie roles. I love that kind of stuff.

I'm reading Murder Takes the Cake right now. A fluff book that was a free download on the Kindle. Can't beat that!

Off to fix some turkey Soup for lunch. Didn't eat any Breakfast this morning.. just didn't feel hungry, but I know that's not a good habit. I'll work on that too. Everyone have a great day!!

Hey from the barn... waiting for dd to finish up... we' ll be here again tomorrow for a jumper show.

A sort of lazy day here... I worked on food/meal planning stuff to keep me on track. Need to do that!

Sorry I can't help u Judy... dh has spent all day working on my desk computer... I m useless w/that.

Dd just got in the car & is crying... Bbl...

Uh oh... what's up with DD??? HOpe everything is ok.

We're going to take the puter into the shop Monday. Bob has an issue with his laptop with an advanced software problem and of course we have the router issues. Might as well get it all fixed at one time.

Another great eating day today. Had a cup of turkey noodle Soup for lunch with a couple of spoonfuls of cranberry/orange/nut Jello salad. Supper was leftovers.. turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy all mixed up. 1/2 a banana for snack and will have some blueberries and cream for dessert later this evening. I AM going to do this, this time!!!!

Way to go Judy, Way to (clap clap).

From my old cheerleading days.

Oh wait, I wasn't a cheerleader!

But, You are still doing GREAT!!!!!

I hope your daughter is okay!!

Hiya violets! Hope everyone had a wonderful time celebrating. We had such a good time with family and friends. Continued with the festivities yesterday all day too. Today was finally the first day we got to breathe.

Met with the florist today. I'm all set for all flowers for the wedding. I had such a hard time deciding what I want. All flowers are so pretty to me.

We are over at my mother in laws now. Having coffee and Cookies with her. We are getting ready to start watching the lord of the rings trilogy.

Everyone have a good night!

Oh dear. The horse we're leasing, Lady, has been giving dd a lot of trouble lately... being a "butt" as dd says... she doesn't want to work & at first was just kicking out a lot before dd got her to do what she was supposed to (trot, canter, jump), but the last couple weeks it's gotten worse... Lady's been bucking & we even had a couple of the experienced older girls get on her and they've had a hard time w/her... it's really frustrating to dd, who loves Lady and dotes on her... she'll ride her in the show tomorrow and we'll see how she does... but we may need to lease a different horse... one that will actually let dd ride her and not put up such a fight... poor dd... :smile2:

Oh crap... I just came upstairs after watching a loud movie ("Inglourious Basterds") and I forgot that there was a wind advisory for tonight through tomorrow morning at least... we have a vaulted ceiling in the bedroom and you can really hear the wind whipping around out there... it freaks me out... remember last New Year's Day when we lost a bunch of trees over our neighbor's fence? We do *not* have $ to clean up that kind of mess again this year! Yeah, buy a house on the side of a hill on a heavily wooded pine tree lot... great idea in the summer... not so much in the winter! Wah.

Good morning, Violets!

Big day today. The Bobster and I go for his first official Sunday as the interim minister today. They are having a little reception afterwards for us. I'm so glad that it worked out that my choir isn't singing today so I could be with Bob. Also, big meeting at my church today about the pastor. I'll be anxious to hear how that turns out.

Darn cold here right now and the wind was howling last night here too, Michelle. Hope the trees held for you!

Still doing good on my eating. I'm not going to weigh in for a few days. I don't want to be a slave to the scale. I know I feel better and my clothes are starting to fit better, so I must be doing something right.

We're off to church in a little bit. I'm taking the Kindle for the ride there and back. Well, not that the Kindle needs the ride.. I need the read, but you know what I mean.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!!!

Morning Girls~

Last day! While I wouldn't mind another week, I am ready to jump back in. There was a horrible fire at a trailer park in town. 2 parents and 3 kids died (6, 10 and 11...all at the local elem. school). Their 8th grade daughter was sleeping at a friends house and was spared! She is one of ours. I can't imagine what she is going through...losing all of her family at 13 yrs old. One of the teachers has collected stuff and taken it to her aunts, she has NOTHING left. Worst part is the aunt lives across the street and now the little girl gets to see the slab (that is all that is left of the trailer) everyday. The teachers are all just heart broken for her. Another slant to this sad story is that MANY of oour kids live in the trailer park. I can think of 6 kids in my class off the top of my head...but I know there are more. Pam M. has about 12. Basically...our entire school is impacted by this. And if that weren't enough the remaining family are freaking out about paying for 5 funerals!!! The teachers at the elem school (can't imagine that impact at our feeeder school) and us are organizing a fund raiser, Pam M. has already contacted the funeral home to negotiate the costs for the family. As a school staff, we are all just devastated by this and will work with the elem school.

Judy~ Purple power for the Bobster...that is very cool! Can u read the Kindle in the car? I'd be sick in a block. Is it loaded for your vacay?

Michelle~ how did the trees do? Do the kids go back to school MOnday?

Tuesday starts the International Film Festival. We are going to like 6 or 7 movies over the next few weeks. We love the film fest...just need to work it around our schedules. We already bought our tix for th festival!

OK...off to do work for Walden and lesson plans for the kiddos!

xoxoxoxo

Oh Pam, that is just devastating! It breaks my heart. My prayers for her...

So far so good w/the trees... it's just at night when it gets me all worked up, because that's when it's quiet and I'm just laying there, listening to it... wind, wind, go away!

Yes! The kids go back to school, & DH goes back to work tomorrow! Hallelujah! Of course, I'll be here cleaning up the debris from 2 weeks of holiday celebrations... but that's ok... I'll take it for a little "me" time and getting back into the normal routines!

Because the kids had their "surprise" extra 3 days off before Xmas break when we got the 2' of snow, we weren't able to give the teachers their Xmas pumpkin breads, so I'm baking 12 today & will send them in w/the kids tomorrow.

Only 2 weeks left in the grading period, though! Then it's off to Mexico! :unsure:

Judy, your day sounds lovely... so glad that you can be w/Bob today & avoid the unpleasantness @ your church. That Kindle is better travelled than I am! :wub:

Off to put more pb's in the oven & hit the shower... then off to hours @ the barn @ the jumper show! Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hello, I have cramps!!! Yuck!!!

I have really been organizing stuff here. Sometimes I look at it and think I am doing great, other times I look at it and it looks 10x's worse! Oh well I least I am finally doing it, if I get it done that is another thing.

Good afternoon, Violets..

PamELa.. Soooooooooooo sorry to hear of the fire. Bob said he heard it on CNN news the other day. I can't imagine what that little girl is going to face from now on in her life. Lots of prayers for her.

Church today was really fun. Just like old times with the Bobster preaching and me listening once again. He did a great job, as usual and everyone loved him. They said it would be hard for them to start looking for a permanent pastor when they were so happy with him. I was so glad I was able to be with him on his first Sunday there.

Things went shitty here. The board voted to keep the pastor on. They said they needed more time to educate the congregation on what the problems are. Letters in support of the pastor were sent and that's because they don't understand what is going on. Makes my decision to resign in June that much easier. If I could, I'd pack it in right now. I'd MUCH rather be with Bob than in my home church. It really is a sad, sad situation.

They had a reception after church today and I didn't have any Cookies or donuts. I stuck with a couple of pieces of cheese and some sausage. Not even any crackers. We stopped at McDonalds on the way home and I got a Big and Tasty, light on the mayo. EatThis, Not That says it's the best sandwich at Mickey D's. It's what my mom used to call hamburger sandwiches when I was growing up. Now I'm good until supper with our cruising buddies. We need to go over the final details before we leave Thursday. I'll be so happy to get away from all the crap at the church for 10 days.

Off to take a little nap before we go out tonight. It's snowing pretty steadily right now. The trip home was a slow one.

BBtonight.