Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Merry Belated Christmas!! My computer was at Best Buy getting fixed and logging on with my BlackBerry takes FOREVER!!

I flew to Indianapolis and stayed Wednesday night with my parents, Thursday we drove to South Bend to visit my brother, SIL and 3 nieces. Mom, Dad and I stayed at a local hotel and went back to my brother's Christmas Day. I flew home to Charlotte that night and was supposed to work at 2 am. Was running a 101' fever so I called in sick. Feeling better today......more resting on tap.

Not much else going on here. Enjoy your holiday time off!!

Good evening!!

The show today was really great. I really enjoyed it and so did my parents. Usually one of us doesn't care for it as much, this time we all liked it!!

40 miles is not too far, but farther than I would like to drive, does he have to do that every day?

Alright, off to bed for me!!!

Thanks Pamela for the FB info. I am still kind of clueless, but I am sure I will get better.

Good morning, Violets..

My goal for today is no sweets. I'm taking it one day at a time, one goal at a time.

Janie.. Bob only has to go 3X a week and one of those days is, of course, Sunday, so it's not a bad gig. Of course as time goes on, I'm sure he'll fit another day in there. He's getting a nice little salary for the time he will put in, but of course then it's deducted from his Social Security, but we still come out ahead.

We'll be booking our flight to Texas soon!!!

Off to get lots of Protein for Breakfast. Ethan is here and I need to go do my hospital shift. Then I'm fixing a turkey for dinner tonight. That turkey should last us all week. We leave on Thursday morning for the Detroit Pistons game. I won an auction on Ebay for 4 front row seats just behind the Piston's bench. wooo hooooo!! I sniped it and won it by $.74

Everyone have a good day. Set a goal for today and stick to it. I sure plan on doing that. Keeping my head positive today.

Today's the day! I'm kicking my holiday food hangover to the curb! Positive thoughts... positive actions... positive results!!

Today I'm going to do liquids... Protein Shakes & Water w/lemon... maybe for a few days, actually, to detox & de-puff a bit... am really bloated... feel like a Macy's Day parade balloon!!

May take the girls to the Chipmunk Squeekquel... & maybe a stop @ target... need a case for my new iTouch, which I love... I'm so up-to-date on my electronics now!

Judy -- I'm going to watch the game on tv & look for you! What fun!

Suzy -- Hope you're feeling better.

Janie -- Glad you enjoyed the show!

Pam -- You're probably off getting massaged and margie'd w/your friend... as God as my witness, I am going to find a long weekend in 2010 when I, too, can fly out to play with you & Susanne & all my PS friends! That's one New Year's resolution that I intend to keep!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Morning girlies~

Well, Sarita has been here for 12 hours, and I am hungover!! Actually we stayed up until 2am talking. We had a wonderful dinner, cut up pork roast in gravey, steamed zuccinis, and a a kick salad (w/ my olive oil from Italy). We drank 2 bottles of champagne!! Jenny and Annette loved Sarita...good night!

I skipped the gym...didn't get my clothes out of the closet last night...and she is in there sleeping. oh well...hopefully tomorrow for sure.

We are going to Las Cas tonight for margies and free Mex. food!!

Michelle~ COME ON OVER ANYTIME!

Judy~ Your tix sound great!! I have never done ebay...don't need a new vice that helps me spend money. Have fun!!

Jane~ I love plays...wish we would go. We even have a theatre group here. I should work on that.

Laura~ how was your first Christmas?? Loved the pix on Facebook. He is getting so big.

Haydee~ I know your in Mex., but wishing you a great time and new year!

Need to work on getting our Tex. tix too!!

OK...off to grade the last group of discussion posts, then posts final grades! Then, I will officially "move" into my new puter!! I played w/ it last week...LOVE IT!!

Have a great day ladies!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, all went pretty well here. My work computer is still broken!! Arggggh.

I am home today, they're installing new carpet & wood in the entry area.. sooooo excited. I painted this weekend, all the areas out in the house that aren't painted yet so I don't drop paint on the new carpet. It looks good, when they finish the carpet, I'll show ya'll B&A pics.. I took Before friday. good times.

Carson bein a stinker, gotta go now :thumbup:

"We are going to Las Cas tonight for margies and free Mex. food!!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My green-eyed envy monster is all over this! Have a sip for me!!!

Good Morning!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!

My goal for today is.......cleaning, little things I need to do, hanging baskets on deck, are they still alive? NO, so why are they still hanging there????? Just an example!

Good afternoon, Violets..

1/2 day done and no sweets so far!! I didn't get a chance to get breakfast.. I know, I know.. not good. But Ethan and I had some tuna salad and mandarin oranges for lunch. He's having an ice cream bar right now and I'm not. Enough said!

I have the turkey roasting in the Nesco and it should be done about 5 tonight. We're having turkey, stuffing, potatoes and broccoli. Yums!!

Bob has his first funeral at the new church on Saturday. Nothing like jumping right in.

Kris was sad today. She called me late last night and said that Chloe, her calico cat of 11 years was not doing well. Bob offered to go out and bring her some Nutri-cal since Chloe wasn't eating, but Kris said Chloe ate some of her treats and Bob could come by this morning and take her to the Vet. Well, Nathan stayed home from work so he could take her in. She didn't drink any Water at all last night. When they got to the vet this morning, there was nothing they could do. She had cancer and it spread very quickly. They said they could put her down now when she was feeling ok, or wait until things got worse, just a matter of days. Of course Nathan chose to do it right away. The vet is going to send Kris a pawprint to keep. Chloe was Kris's 16th birthday present and was her baby for a long time until she got her dogs and of course, Grady.

It will be good for her to get away to the Piston's game. Grady is staying with Gramma and Grampa Barden. She and I will partake of some retail therapy while Nathan and Bob go see Avatar.

Off to vacuum hair off the floor. I don't know where Jetta gets all the hair, but I have to use the swiffer at least 3 X a day just to keep up!!!

BBL..........

Pam -- You're probably off getting massaged and margie'd w/your friend... as God as my witness, I am going to find a long weekend in 2010 when I, too, can fly out to play with you & Susanne & all my PS friends! That's one New Year's resolution that I intend to keep!

Why don't we make this the destination for our 3rd Violet Bandiversary in 2010???? I'd love it!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Here is a sureproof way to refrain from eating sweets.

1. Open the can of butter popcorn, cheese popcorn and caramel corn.

2. Ask Ethan to enjoy some.

3. Watch while Ethan samples the caramel corn, makes a face and spits it back into the can.

4. Watch while Ethan then sneezes on the entire contents of the can.

End of popcorn temptation.

Nieces are such wonderful little people until they begin sharing their ear aches!! My fever is worse today and now my throat and ears hurt and I can't breathe out of half of my nose.....Target manager was not happy with me -- what do you want me to do? Infect everyone??

On the good news side -- as a CPA I have to take 40 hours of continuing ed each year and it can be quite expensive. I bought the last two self-study classes Christmas Eve. They arrived today and I have completed one of them. Yeah, me!! Tomorrow I will work on the second one after my doctor's appointment. Jeez, cutting it close, two days before the end of the year.....

Hope you all are doing great!!

Judy -- no popcorn ok?

Hope you feel better soon, Suzy!!!

Nope.. no popcorn. I sent the can home with Ethan. End of problem.

We sat down to a nice turkey dinner tonight. I had had a few bites of turkey while Bob was carving it. Soooooooooo when I started to eat my real meal..... .stuck. I pb'd everything I ate so I just put the plate on the counter and will try it again later this evening. I have the carcass in the roaster with Water to make stock for turkey noodle Soup. I'll cook it on slow for 24 hours for some nice, rich stock.

Off to knit a bit on my scarf and try and finish my Three Cups of Tea book on the Kindle for PC.

No sweets today at all!!!!!!!!! And no eating in between meals.

Hey Girls~

We went and saw It's Complicated...omg, that was soooo funny! Two thumbs up from all of us!! Run, don't walk, and go see it! Really great movie!

We are getting ready for Las Cas...we will not have any fun w/o you Michelle...I promise!!!

Palm Springs for a violet get together...HELL YEAH!!!

oxxoxo

Pam, that sounds like a good idea, sounds good as of now with me, but I am not really sure what the year is going to bring......

GOOD JOB JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!