Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hello from North Carolina!

Just spent a fun evening with my friend and her family... a great meal, a couple limoncello drinks, and a couple rounds of a fun family game and we're laughed out! Time to hit the hay... have to be @ the field by 7:15am!

Nighty night!

Good morning, Violets..

We're off to Breakfast with our cruising buddies... 28 days before we leave!! Then support group meeting and then off to Kris's house to make pasties while Joe hunts with Nathan. DS Joshua got his deer yesterday so Joe is the only one without. And he's the one who needs it the most, food wise!!

Heather... so glad you survived the blowout! How scary!!!!!

Michelle.. glad you're enjoying yourself..

PamELa.. how was the party??

Laura, Janie, Suzyt, Haydee... hugs to you all.

Have a great weekend!!

Good morning girls!

OMG...it was the funnest party last night! Everyone had a blast...we had party favors for them when they left...and really had fun!!!

Waiting for klausy's trainer...bbl

Hey I think I figured out how to post from my phone! Cool!

Our team won both games... we're crossing our fingers for no rain tonight so we can play tomorrow.

Heading out to Chinese buffet... hope everyone is well.

Went to Roger Williams concert tonight and he and his band are great. He is 85! I think watching Name That Tune with my Nana paid off on the songs I know!!

I have got a little queasy stomach right now, hope it is just one of those things and not a bearer of bad things in the next day!!!!!

Been a busy cooking bee today. Just finished a small turkey, I need the carcass to try Russ' mom's turkey waffles he raves on and on about. I make lots of Cookies for xmas, so when I try new ones, I always practice.. so I made choco chip and right now andes mint cut-out cookies are in the oven. My allergies are so horrible today, the sinus rinse actually couldn't get through. I feel sick from bein so bad right now. UGH.

And I need another fill... #$%!

It's 2am & I can't sleep... I'm on my phone again. If my kids did this i'd pitch a fit! Double standard!

Good morning, Violets!

And here I thought I'd be the first one posting today. Bob left at 5:30 this morning to go to a church 3 hours away for a six minute presentation. arghhhhh ya gotta love the north. It's always 3 hours from here to there. He'll be back home this afternoon.

I got up earlier than usual cause our flute quartet is playing all the music for the church service today so I need to get there early and warm up.

Janie.. I remember Roger Williams! Glad you had a good time.

Michelle.. 2 a.m.?? seriously?????

Laura... it is almost time for Bob and I to make our fudge for Christmas gifts. I'm putting it off as long as possible!

Our support group meeting went very well yesterday. Kathy, my friend who had the surgery a year ago October has lost 93 pounds. Remember I told you she eats more than me, is 65 and doesn't exercise. Arghhhhhhhhh I'm happy for her, but don't know why I can't be just like her!! (although I don't want to be 65 quite yet!!)

Hope everyone has a great day today. I need to go spike up my hair and get dressed and look for some breakfast. BBL!!

Edited by Teachlady

Morning girls~

We are so excited...we are getting Klausy trained!! Or, we are being trained to control Klausy...one of the two! He is a wonderful dog, and worth the investment (huge cost...priceless results). Our goal is to have him come in and watch TV and sleep w/ us.

We both (especially me) were SOOOO hungover yesterday. I have not been that hung in a very long time. The party was a blast...really warm and wonderful evening! There are pix on fb. But Saturday was rough. The trainer guy was here 2.5 hours talking and working w/ Klaus (this was just the demo) and we were starving and just staring at him, lol! We went to Billy's for grub!

Today ( I am procrastinating) I have a buttload of papers to grade, cards to get out, and stuff to do.

Michelle, hope you NC trip has been fun...and that you found Mr. Sandman.

Judy, my friend who got the band has lost 140 lbs!!! Hate and love her at the same time. She drinks a shake in the am, yougart for lunch then small dinner...has not exercised once. I wish I could have more success...but I KNOW I am in charge of the intake...and the output. I will get another fill early Jan. I just had one, and it works, but I still am hungry. It was sooo bad yesterday w/ the trainer...you could here my stomach growling...loudly!

OK...that being said...off to make breaky!

xoxoxoxo

My doctor called me a week ago and told me that the laywers will not let him do a fill with Omnipaque even if I sign a consent that nothing that happens is their fault. In one way, I guess that's good that they are looking out for the health of their patients with treatments that are unknown to them personally, but on the other hand, it is very frustrating for me! He had told me two months ago that he would do it. I have gained 30 pounds since February and I'm not real hopeful that it will come off anytime soon.

Target is wearing me out -- or rather the early morning hours are. But the extra money is nice.

Last week I thought my allergies were acting up and they may have, but now it has migrated to a cold. At least it's not the flu!!

Well, I didn't get the job the interview last week. I'm getting really tired of this -- they keep telling me that I am the 2nd choice -- what do I need to do to be the first choice??! Thursday I applied for 6 or 7 more positions. Happy that there were 6 or 7 appropriate positions available.....

Okay, enough of my whining!!

Have a great week!!

Sorry to hear Suzanne....that you didn't get the job-I can relate...try being 59!!! It is very discouraging...at this rate though, I will not have to wait for any w-2's to do my taxes...have less than 10lbs. to go to goal wght.

Anyways, hope everbody is having a great weekend!

Great job Mae! You are so close!! You'll be at goal in no time!

Suzy - that sucks about the job prospects and about the Omnipaque. What's the issue with your band? Is it at capacity and you're still able to eat alot?

Judy - what kind of meat do you put in your pasties? I liked all the pictures on FB. I really need to get a new camera.

Pam - so glad to hear about you getting a trainer! That's great news and will benefit Klausy so so much. He will really really bring so much love into your already loving home.

Glad the party was a hit! I was thinking about you Friday. We were laying around being bums at my mom's house, LOL.

Laura - how did your turkey and waffle thing taste? Was a weird combo but not any weirder than fried chicken and waffles with Syrup over everything which is a staple here in the south.

Jane - who did you go with to the concert? Were ya'll the youngest people there?? LOL

Michelle - Hope you're having fun! I love lemoncello (sp?) I have a friend that makes them once a year and they are so so yummy...

Well, I was supposed to be off today but I have tons of work to do so I had to come in. I keep getting people coming into my office for me to do stuff for them so it doesn't look like i'll even get to do the work that i came to do today. Is that a tongue twister?? I was supposed to be off Friday too but nope, too much work. I seriously need to just shut the door and just put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on. I need to finish this so I can TAKE MY DAYS OFF like we were instructed to do... Everyones taking days off williy nilly as they please but not me!