Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hello Everyone,

I agree with Laura . . . your own baby is the most beautiful and perfect without a doubt no matter what they are like. I loved kids before I had children, but you really do have a special bond from day one with your own.

pumpkin muffin and a french kruller donut for Breakfast. I am batting a thousand today. So . . . I accept that I made a bad choice this morning but it doesn't give me the leeway to blow the rest of the day. I will have a healthy lunch and dinner.< /p>

I thought maybe it was a slab of butter on a bun LOL. I knew that couldn't be right.

The port leaks, so *I* thought maybe the tube disconnected. When they did the xrays and everything it's hard to figure out what happened, but to ME (untrained) that's what I thought. He had 2 other docs with him and they debated.

So, I thought we were reconnecting the port. Well, they are charging me for a new lap-band, because the nurse said they are replacing the port-- which means they have to open a whole new pack. I am HOPING when they get in there, it's just disconnected and they can fix it, and then I get refunded $2,100ish of the money for no new band. But at this point they anticipate replacing the port. I guess when they get in there and figure out why it's leaking they will make that call. So one way or another, they're fixing the leaking port. I am asking him before they put me down, to FILL IT while I am under. He did last time they did port revision, but I want to make sure. I can't wait another month for this thing to get to working.

Oh, funny babies, I have all kinds of little baby toys (key ring, pepper shaker, spoons, etc.) and Carson likes them alright, but he gets bored... so my mom put them in a tubberware bowl (which I stole from her), and he LOVES his 'bucket of toys'. He will sit with them in his lap, dump the bucket over, and I put them back, he shakes the bucket, etc. Funny how something as simple as a tubberware bowl can entertain baby for a while.

Laura, do you get any kind of guarantee in writing that if they fix it and it is still leaking that they will revise it quickly at no additional cost? You have already had a port revision and with the leak as well . . . it just seems like too many problems with this particular band. What kind of band do you have?

Gah, what a mess with you Laura. I hope this time they stitch it in good and tight, LOL. Tell them to put krazy glue over the whole thing to make it bullet proof, LOL...

Heather - glad to hear that I won't be seeing all the deformities in my bebe, LOL. I love kids too but I think like you will just FALL IN LOVE with my own. Also because they are part of Juan who is my heart...

Good morning!!

I need to keep this brief because I need to hop in shower and go to work. I think I am really super busy today so that is good!!

I hate to think about Christmas too Michelle, it seems like it is so far off!! But, this year I am for sure going to get my secret santa gift out BEFORE Christmas!! The past two years I haven't.

I have a lot to say but no time. I hope everyone has a great day and have

FUN WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING!!!!!

Hey Girls~

I LOVE Christmas! I used to not, (well, just a little) just thought about it as a lot of work. Now, I like doing the work. We have downsized quite a bit. I figure every few years we will get the big tree and do it up...but in between years, we bought this 4 ft. table top one that is already decorated. It is perfect! It is still some work...but I like our home at xmas. Just bought the cinnamon broom and fall flowers over the weekend. So it smells good in the house. Susanne and I already bought and got our gifts for each other. I will only buy a few for the kids...and that is it! I like the feeling, the Cookies, the warmth...I sound like a freakin' Hallmark commercial!

Good luck on Friday Laura. I hope you lose tons...lose some for me too! I suck at this...but am soooo happy I met ya'll! My dear friends for life!

I am leaving work today at 10:20. We are having min. days, and I am going to run some errands then met ppl for lunch! LOL...I love min. week!

My new table gets there Friday!! It is going where that little one is Haydee...except it is bigger. The glass top will be there on Thursday.

My goal today is NOT pb. I have had a rough few days and don't want to keep pb'ing and irratate it. Having a salad for lunch. I can do that...it is the "real food" that gets me every time.

HAYDEE...TAKE PIX TODAY AND KEEP US POSTED! I am sooo excited for you.

Who wants to organize our trips and stays? PLEASE...I can't do it! I promise I wont complain one bit!

OK...gotta boogey!

As for organizing... I tried last time and thought I had it all set and then it all changed. That's not a real incentive to do it all over again. I personally can't make any money commitments until after the holidays. But I'll certainly go along with whatever the group decides. How many of us will be going?? I know the Bobster is coming with me and he's more than willing to drive a rental car.

Off to clean out the "gym". fun, fun..

Ahhhh, done with the "gym". Now there is no excuse not to start exercising next week. We took out 5 big garbage bags of winter clothes to take to St. Vincent's for resale. There are still some spring things, but I'll wait to take those in. I hope by next spring there will be more things to get rid of. I NEED to be at goal!!!

Day 3 of good eating is winding down. I had a couple of bites of tuna for breakfast, tortilla encrusted talapia for lunch. I had 5 Ritz crackers with tuna for a snack and will try and have fish for supper or maybe some Soup. No sweets, no ice cream... I CAN do it!! Bob got a little caramel apple pie and a couple of pumpkin donuts from the bakery. I haven't had any of it. It's hard, but I need to do it to prove that I can.

I have choir rehearsal at 6 tonight and I usually go early, so I'll leave in a little bit. I'm watching Discovery Health again. The program is I Lost It and it's about people who have lost lots of weight.

Good eve, Vi's~~

Another good eating day... B=van/chai pro shake, L = 2 scrambled eggs w/tom/olives/feta, S = no sugar added fruit pop, D = 1 salmon/crab pinwheel. Oh, and a 100 cal vitatop.

But wish me strength, because tonight and/or tomorrow morning, I must bake at least 10 dozen, and perhaps 20 dozen, oatmeal chocolate chip Cookies for the HS soccer teams for tomorrow night, + DD's 11th b'day cake, which will be a chocolate mousse cake in the shape of a heart. Help me!

OMG...My friend, BA (Haydee and Michelle met her) just met ROBERT SCORPIO!!! His son goes to school here...tooo cool. A few years ago, he walked into the doctor office where i was...i called my mom and said...ROBERT SCORPIO JUST WALKED IN!!

haha...pretty cool...BA says he is still hot!

Good evening, Violets..

Choir is done,dinner is done and day 3 of good eating is almost done. I ended up splitting chicken fajitas with Bob. We brought home a whole serving so neither one of us ate a whole lot. However he has had 2 pumpkin donuts and a mini-caramel apple pie. I survived all of that without sneaking a bite!

PamELa... did you know you can become a friend of Tristan Rogers on Facebook? ?? And it's good to know he's still hot since he's only one year older than I am. Hopefully I'm still hot too... :thumbup::tt2::crying:

Michelle.. be strong tonight and tomorrow. One minute at a time. You've been good for 2 days.. don't blow it for a cookie or a bite of chocolate mousse cake!!!! Not even one bite is worth it.

Off to watch Glee and Modern Family. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Good evening!!

Okay I am going to add Sling Blade to the movie list. I came home tonight and it was on, and remembered I liked it. I am going to tape it again so I can see the whole thing!

I am not 100% sure that I am going to the wedding, I really really want to, but need to see that business still holds for me. I am still planning on it, but am sort of nervous too!!

Today was a terrible day. I am going to spend the rest of this complaining, so beware!! First thing, when I had my band put in I had a before picture taken a couple of weeks before by Charlie, well I am wearing that shirt!! It pained me to put it on. It really bummed me out! Then yesterday my mom fell and hurt her leg and she went to the Dr. today and found it was fractured! Now I think of this as she is just lucky that it wasn't worse, but she was in no mood, and she just brings me down when she gets like this. I am doing my best struggling through my funk, and then this. She does not make a good patient!!! Okay I am done complaining and off to Michelles house for some Cookies and cake!!!!!!!!