Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good evening, Violets..

I just finished giving Ethan a Moonlight Path bubble bath. He's now in new jammies and I'm counting the minutes until it's bed time. :lol:

The Bobster and I are playing Bejeweled and watching NCIS. Ethan is sipping on my white cranberry/peach drink. All's well with the world.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well. I nope I do!

Had a butter burger and 3 fries for supper. No ice cream or sweets today. Day 2 just about finished. On to day 3.

Good Eve, my lovelies...

I did it! I got through the day w/eating well! Yay me! B = van/chai pro shake, L = Tomato bisque Soup, 7 low-fat triscuits w/a little cheddar, S = choc vita top, D = van/chai pro shake! Phew! Day 1. If I can do 1, then I can do 2, right??

Am watching Biggest Loser for motivation right now.

I agree, Judy... small goals. My first is -10. I'll just keep taking it 10 at a time 'til I'm where I want to be!!

I'm going to focus on getting my eating back under control this week, and then add exercise next week. I keep telling myself to just not fight it... to just go with the flow... be gentle with myself... surround myself with positive info... and then my mojo will return.

We are all going to look smokin' @ Haydee's wedding!

Sweet dreams!

Judy - What is a butter burger? It sounds like it must be some sort of hamburger -- one of my favorite things!!

I don't start at Target until orientation on Thursday. Luckily that starts at noon. Not sure if I will start the 4 am stuff on Friday or next Monday. Not going to be fun getting up that early, but I figure 15 minutes to get there (8 miles), 15 minutes to get dressed (no make-up) and I should be good.

Got paid from Curves today and she shorted me $20. (she pays me cash) I don't think it was intentional but you would think you would double check something like that -- wouldn't you?! I can't work my Thursday afternoon shift due to the orientation so she may not keep me much longer. She said that since I would probably be getting foster kids she wanted someone more permanent. The lady she is talking about replacing me with is looking for a full-time job (just like me) so I'm not sure that it will be any more permanent. Whatever. I am trying to take each day as it comes. I have used every penny of my savings, 401(k), everything. I went to talk to a bankruptcy attorney this afternoon. It may not be an option because my parents (trying to get around inheritance) have already added my name and my brother's name to the Northern Indiana lake house. Well, it is an asset and has to be included in my assets...... What a mess. My brother borrowed some money against the cottage to start his business several years ago, so the only hope I have is that he hasn't paid much back and the equity is small so my 1/4th is even smaller. Or he may have to buy me out of my share (or loan me that value to contribute to the assets).... sheesh!! I don't like having money conversations with my family..... especially when it is about me.

Ack! Holly tickers? Already? It isn't even Halloween yet! I'm not prepared for holly season... or any of the jolly things that go with it! Ack again, I say!

But yay, Janie, on figuring it out! :lol:

Judy's a copycatter! :laugh:

Wow Suzy, good luck with all that! :smile2:

Hi Haydee, Laura, Pam & Heather! :thumbup:

Crossing my fingers that I can get through Day 2!

Everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets...

Ethan slept with Gramma on the couch last night and it would have been fine if Chippy had not cried every time he wanted to get up there with us. We have no guest room cause it's now a "gym", so I made a bed up on the floor and thought he'd sleep through the night there, but nooooooooooooo. About 2 a.m. he's asking to sleep with Gramma, so I took the cushions off the couch to make it wider and there we slept. When Bob got up at 7:30, I went to bed for an hour and a half. Now we're all up and I need to get Ethan dressed and take him home since his mom is off for the day.

Choir rehearsal tonight and then dinner out with friends.

Yep.. I stole Janie's idea, but I fessed up to it. I'm just going to go for 10#. I need little goals at this point. After being reallly good for 2 days I weighed in this morning and had gained 2#. Not going to let it discourage me. I know it's residual weight from the bad habits I was following. This is day 3 of following the bandster rules. Like Michelle, I'm going to add exercise next week and the week after starts Zumba!!! Can't wait!!

Suzy.. so sorry to hear about all the financial woes. Hope you can sort out everything and that a full time job comes soon. BTW.. a butter burger is from Culvers. It's a hamburger with a very buttery bun. Very yummy. I ony had 3 french fries with the burger and had the burger with Tomato, lettuce and mayo and didn't eat the bun. (the best part!)

Off to take Ethan home and then work on getting the "gym" cleaned out enough so we can work out.

Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourselves.

Good morning!

Suzy - that sucks to hear about all your financial stress. Where do you live? Would it be feasible for you to move to somewhere where the economy is better? I don't remember what your original job was. Is it something that you could do by telecommuting? Maybe try looking for a job in another city? My sister does marketing for a company that is in Los Angeles.

Judy - ouch Judy! How's your back this morning from sleeping on the couch? My doggies also whine to be let up on the couch when I'm napping there. They are too little to jump up by themselves...

Jane - yay! I'm glad you were able to put up your ticker. What's been going on with you? Ever since you vowed no negativity you stopped sharing altogether! We don't care if you come on here just to bitch about your day, LOL. What's going on with Charlie?

Michelle - yay! way to go on Day 1! You practically did all liquids!

Heather - owww forceps?? Doesn't that hurt the bebe? It hurts just thinking about it...

Laura - I agree, the caps are on just to hide the cone head! ha ha ha... I'm so bad... It's just that it looks so weird! How am I gonna bond with my baby if all I'm thinking about is his strange head shape! LOL...

Pam - heeeelllloooo

Oh Haydee, when it is YOUR baby, you won't even notice the cone head. Could have the weirdest looking baby, and feet growing out of its nose...and ALL you will see is perfection. I promise :lol:

God designed us special like that.

Have fun shopping!!!

I will update my ticker officially this weekend after my surgery. Figured there was no need to show a ticker going UP, would just make me more sad. I stopped weighing myself, but I go to the doc a lot lately and they all weigh me, I just try not to look heh.

SECRET SANTA has been sent out. If you signed up and didn't get yours in your mail, let me know (some of you change your e-mail so much I never know which is current!).

Judy I wondered too, what is a BUTTER BURGER?!

There's a Culver's near my parent's house -- I may have to try it when I'm home for Christmas!! My Dad loves good burgers too!!

Paying some bills today -- hoping that will help the Migraine go away. Back later.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches