Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

LOL Haydee, thanks for the link fix. You are right...I am so shy in person...can't get me to talk. :scared2:

I am off Mon and Tues for meetings so off to make plans!!!

bbl

Russ & company said the chicken tasted 'smokey'.. not burned. It was alright, but I know how good it can be, sweet and tangy... oh well! I need a new crockpot, this one has always burnt everything.

We are going to the space center tomorrow morning, then mom is taking Carson around 2, and we're going to meet my great aunt barbara (well, Carson is going to meet her).. she's in town from the Carolinas, she and my granny are going on a road trip to Florida.

Then Russ & I probably doing dinner & a movie if there's a movie out we want to see.

Weeee, the space center sounds fun! I forgot to ask Jane how she enjoyed it when she stayed.

Crock pot stuff is so easy, isn't it?? I did ribs in there recently and OMG they were so freaking good...

I think I might do something in the crock pot Saturday... I have in my freezer a whole chicken... can I do a whole chicken in there and add a can of coke and be done with it??

OH does anyone like boudin??

I'm sure you can, but I'd cut the chicken in half or quarters.

The recipe for diet coke chicken is a can of diet coke (I use coke zero), 1c of ketchup.. and then I add a lot of minced onion.

a whole chicken with one can of coke and a cup of ketchup? yay... i'm def doing this sat morning...

OH! I just posted our New Orleans pics to FB... The first few are from my mama's birthday dinner...

Good evening!

I like those shoes Haydee!!!

I found out yesterday that my first customer on Saturday morning died! I mean what will my Saturdays be like without Virginia? Odd. She had no family so there is no service or anything. Found out last

Friday she had pancreatic cancer and died on Tuesday. She was an older woman so I am glad that she didn't suffer too much. Especially with no family!! I hope that is not me some day!

Everyone have a good weekend!!!

Good evening, Violets..

The concert is over and it was very, very good. We got a standing ovation. I got it recorded on the laptop and will burn some CD's for the group.

Haydee... I LOVE the shoes.. They look elegant AND comfortable!

Janie.. sorry to hear about your customer. That was certainly quick! Glad she didn't have to suffer.. and it won't be you. You've always got family right here.

I'm really tired and need to get some sleep. I didn't eat supper and now it's too late so I guess I'll just wait until Breakfast.< /span>

Everybody have a good evening. Sleep well!

Hi girls~

A listener, not a talker....huh! Tell my DH!

Love the shoes Haydee!

Heather I would love to meet you too!

Laura, I do the same with the mod stuff---and I rode the fence in this disaster. I refuse to say more! LOL

As for the Moms and the kids---do either of your Moms read much? Maybe a couple of books on enabling, and the written word of someone else, reiterating what you have been saying....otherwise I have no idea. My parents finally did just like Terry with my brother.

He got arrested for DWI, and in the holding cell, he had a seizure, well come to find out, he had been trying to quit drinking, and with his brain injury and the detoxing, he was having seizures. He was unconcious in his truck, not passed out from alcohol. But they made the choice NOT to remove him from the charges, and allowed the charge to be changed to DUI (driving under the influence as opposed to driving while intoxicated) which could cover driving while taking Tylenol even! It caused him to get a mandatory jail sentence of 28 days, and he could receive medical aid while detoxing. They knew he wanted to quit, but with the brain injury, it messes with his short term memory, and makes quitting harder than even normal. They thought with 28 days sobriety, maybe it would "take". It did, he has been sober for many years now. But it was hard, my parents both aged seriously, visiting their son in jail was not something they ever planned to do. But it was better than visiting him at the funeral home, or in prison from causing an accident that hurt someone else or killed him. Hard choices, but worth it.

BTW Laura, I am sending you a PM with info on Gone4ever. She met up with you for the formula. She just got a cancer diagnosis, and is facing a really hard time.

Another weekend of wood cutting coming up, then WE are done. Still have to haul for the in laws. NOT a happy subject with me. What's new??!!!

DS had an accident today----he got ticketed, and he says it was not his fault, so guess he will fight it in court. Stressed us for awhile.

Well I am off to bed.

See you all soon.

Good morning!!

Off to work!!!

Have a good one!!!!

Heather, thank you, thank you, thank you!! That worked!! I am not a 'has' been anymore!!!! I don't know why that bugged me!

Good morning, Violets..

Just being lazy this morning. I don't want to get dressed until I have to and that's not until 1 p.m., so jammies it is. Just finished listening to the CD I made and I'm so impressed! I don't get to hear the group the way an audience does. I can only hear what's being sung by the people on either side of me, so to hear the whole thing with all the voices was just so great. I have to burn 10 more copies so I can give them to the group tomorrow at our next performance. Oh, and we made the front page of the Alpena News this morning. Must have been a slow news day.:(

Haydee... I've looked for your pics on Facebook, but don't see them. Did you not post them yet?

Note to anyone who is interested in a new cell phone because your contract is up or you can upgrade. Amazon.com is selling phones for $.01 I just bought a $249 phone for $.01 and all I have to do is take it in to AT&T and get the number switched from my old phone to the new one. The new one has a full keyboard. Who would have thought that an only lady would be interested in that for texting?? lol

Oh.. gotta tell ya. It's the little things that count. Last night at the reception, I sat next to a friend that I had not seen in a long time. She looked at me and said.. "well, just look at you, you're cute as a button!" That simple comment made my day. The heck with the concert, the feeling that comment gave me was worth everything.

I decided to try and remove the old caulk from the tub this morning. What a chore. Got it done though and decided to try my nifty new caulking tool. I got one side of the tub done and it worked like a charm. Two sides left to go!

Off to read a little bit and then think about getting ready.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!

Note to anyone who is interested in a new cell phone because your contract is up or you can upgrade. Amazon.com is selling phones for $.01 I just bought a $249 phone for $.01 and all I have to do is take it in to AT&T and get the number switched from my old phone to the new one.

Thanks, Judy!! I have been wanting a blackberry, but didn't want to pay for it!! LOL!! And this is close enough!!

LOVVVVE the shoes Haydee, really really do.

Kat, I'll have to get in touch with Paula, that's very sad to hear.

We went to space center this morn, they're doing some Star Wars promotion, so I got to take pics of Carson with Startroopers, and R2D2.. hehehe!!

Then we took him to my moms, and on the way home we stopped at the gas station (pouring cats and dogs). I am walking in the door, with 2 other people in front of me, and I slip and bust my knee. Oh..my goodness. My whole leg went numb, so I was afraid to get up (and I'm cussing over and over trying to get the pain to stop-funny how that works). I was flabergasted, that the 2 people kept going, didn't pause, didn't ask are you ok.. nothing. THEN another man walks OVER me.. laying in red clay on the cement in front of the door. Doesn't ask if I need help, nothing. I can't believe it, this is the SOUTH!!! So a lady walks by so I finally flagged her down and asked her to get Russell who was parked behind a truck and didn't see me layin there. She was saying I need to file an accident report blah blah. Russ came and picked me up, and I can move and walk on it, so it's not broken.. but it's so swollen and an edge of it is completely numb. I just can't get over the 3 people who pretended I wasn't there.

So now I have my free day to clean--which has been hard with the bum knee--and I got flowers in the mail the other day that I NEED to plant today, otherwise I won't have time to do it again.. but I can't get on my knees! Sucks this had to happen today.

Oh my gosh Laura!!!! That is terrible!!!! You really need to go get that checked out tomorrow if it isn't better! People are sooo rude!!

Judy, it is so nice to hear a comment that is totally off the cuff!! It really makes your day to get a compliment like that when you are not prompting anybody!!

I am going to consider my body a state of emergency soon!! I have to start losing again!!! Why can't I motivate myself??????????? If I knew I guess I wouldn't be in this predicament!!

On another postivie note, I have had the worst week that I have had in a number of years. Don't really know what I am going to do. YIKES!!!