Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning!!!

I hope you had a great time Michelle!

I'm so glad it's friday! I'm ready for the weekend...

What's everyone up to this weekend??

My parent's pool is finally finished so we are having a pool party on Sunday! Saturday is work in the morning for awhile then maybe movies. We haven't been in forever!

Hey Girls~

TGIF eh? I am working for the City tonight at a movie event we are putting on. www.formywife.com if you wanna peek!

Tomorrow we are doing anniversary dinner/drinks w/ Jenny and Annette. It has been 2 months and we are returning to where they met!

BBL

I just typed a big post and . . . it dissappeared. Aaaargh, I guess I don't have time to go into it again, lol.

Happy Friday every one!!!!

Michelle, I am still very very jealous. I hope you have a lovely time.

Good morning, Violets.. Yup.. it's still morning, but not by much. I've already been to a rehearsal for a song I'm singing at a memorial service tomorrow. Ethan comes in an hour and then at 5 I start getting dressed and fancied up for the concert tonight. I'll be so glad when it is over and sure hope it goes well. We've been rehearsing for this concert for 7 months now. After the service tomorrow, I'm going to recaulk the bathtub. Such fun! The Bobster can't do it with his bum hand, plus the fact that he's out of town and it needs to be done so I guess it's up to me.

It was a good decision to close up the pool. It's only 55 today and it would have cost a fortune to keep the Water up to 88 especially with the chilly evenings we are having now. Lots of garden work to do, but won't even think about that till Monday after all the concerts and church.

Haydee... enjoy the pool!! Sure wish I could be there to enjoy it too. I'm really going to miss mine.

Michelle should be in Disneyworld right now and having a great time making those memories.

Heather... it probably wouldn't let you type two novels in a row!!! Your last long post was very interesting. We have an adopted son who had less than acceptable foster care before he came to live with us. He exhibited the same things your foster son did and we had to finally say enough and sent him to a group home when he was 18. I couldn't have him abusing my other children. He's now 43 and has been living on his own for years now, but we still take him out to lunch every month and keep in touch. He has a live in girlfriend who is also mentally disabled and they've been together for several years now. As long as he takes his meds,he can function. He has a team that oversees his daily routine. We had him from age 5 -18 so it wasn't like we gave up right away. The problems just grew worse over time.

Off to get some lunch and wait for Ethan to arrive.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!

Judy, Sorry you had to close the pool already, seems like you didn't get in it much this year. If you are missing summer, come on over...gonna be 105 today, but we are expecting a cool front to move in next week and finally will see 99!!!

Broke another damn tooth this morning on my chewable vitamin...thought the pill was old and all crunchy! LOL, it was an old crown I was crunching on. NOt a cosmetic prob., but still a PITA because the doc is in Rancho Mirage.

bbl

Heather.. Bob is right across the street from the baseball stadium. It's going to kill him not to be able to go to the Tigers game tonight. He has meetings. But he is going to go to the R & R hall of fame when he gets a chance.

I am only about 25 minutes from there. I live in a quiet suburb on a cul-de-sac right outside the city. It is great because it is the best of both worlds, 20-30 minutes can get you to the heart of the city or the heart of the country . . . . or anywhere in between. It really suits me.

If you were traveling with Bob, I would have loved to get together to show you the sights or take you out for a nice dinner, lol.

Actually this is an open invitation for any of the Vi's. If you are anywhere near me, even if it is an hour or two away, I would love to get together.

Cleveland is not a place you think of to go on vacation, but when you are here there are lots of interesting things to see and do. :0) Just don't come in January or February unless you like trudging through snow up to you knees or if you are into winter sports, lol.

Sorry if I am posting everyone to death, lol. I guess I am making up for not posting for most of a week.

Heather... it probably wouldn't let you type two novels in a row!!!

LOL, I am novel prone sometimes. I have to force myself to stop typing or going off on tangents. I seem to think a million miles a minute and type very fast.

Funny thing is, if you met me you would see that I am actually a fairly quiet person with a gentle nature. I am more of a listener than a talker.

Speaking of which, I really would love to meet Kat (and the rest of you of course) in person one day. I wonder if our personalities are fairly alike since we are both so detailed in writing, lol.

OK, I promise I will give posting a break for a little while. :scared2:

Have fun Michelle, I am so jealous too, I can't wait till Carson is old enough to enjoy Disney world!!!!!!!

Heather, I think you and Kat would be very much alike! She's also more of a listener than a talker in real life... Surprised the heck out of us when we met her!!

Oh and Pam too. That poor girl is just so shy in real life. You can barely get a word out of her... :scared2:

Judy - i'll be thinking of you when I'm swimming on sunday! Would you and bob ever consider doing your winters somewhere warm?? There is tons of "winter" texans that come and live in the valley here that live up north most of the year and come down for the winter...

Laura - how was your chicken last night? Was it totally ruined??

kitay - would love to see that movie! Your link is wrong. it's www.formywife.info Lady you need to quit busting your teeth! Pretty soon you'll be having to eat only baby food...

OK, I promise I will give posting a break for a little while. :)

So if you take a break, and we all took a break, just where the heck would we be???? Keep posting, my dear. It's what it's all about!:scared2:

Haydee..the Bobster and I would love to go someplace warm, but we have three dogs and a cat and that kinda makes it difficult to rent. When we are petless, I'm sure we'll travel south for the winters. Right now, the cruising and visiting friends in Florida for a week is enough to get us through.