Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Man Michelle...that sounds LOVERLY! I am so there! We'd love to see you again!

Judy, I thought you'd like it. It is really funny, but such a good story line as well. Jane Lynch is too funny. You can watch the first 3 episodes online at www.fox.com I had to watch the first one that way, but I lovelovelove that show.

Michelle, are your kids Glee kids??? I would imagine they'd love it too. It is not corny like HSM, but extends to everyone!

OK...wont make it tonight, need to rely on the DVR for Glee.

I am going to dentist tomorrow for cleaning, then coming home and getting crapola ready for the yard sale Sat. We are going to a friends house Sat. am, and I am glad to just haul our crap there...then sell, then leave! WooHoo!!!

Janie, feel better! xooxox

Yes, we're all Glee fans here! Love it... but have to DVR it each week cuz' we're never home, it seems. We're DVRing a lot now that the new season has started... How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang, 2 1/2 Men, Glee, Mentalist, CSI: Miami, Fringe (my head hurts on this one, I don't really care for the whole major sci-fi, alternate reality shows, like Lost, but DH & DS like it), Numb3rs... I know there are more but I can't think, it's so late... Oh, & I've already got the DVR set for Ken Burns' new series on the National Parks that starts next week! Love his work!

Ok... 5 more pages to go... it's 12:32am... I can do this!! Think Disney & power through! :thumbdown:

Quick stop in to say hi. We had a late softball game, and did not have enough people show up (men) to make a team--had to forfeit! HATE that!

Yes, I know it was cold....I WAS THERE! Morons! Yes, I know it was a late game...I WAS THERE! Idiots! Yes, I know you have to work tomorrow, so do I, yep you got it....I WAS THERE!!! What's another good one...a$$wipes!!! LOL, I am on a roll here!

Actually I'm not, I am off to bed! Been chaos with moderating here, thinking of dropping that, and just going away to FB for awhile, things here have been a bit disappointing. Not you guys, the site in general. If I wanted to be around childish behaviour all the time, I would still be doing daycare.

I come home today to 56 emails----and most of them, wanting me to take sides in something I am not involved in, and trying to "guilt" me into supporting one side against another.

Oh well, maybe it will calm down. Guess nothing stays the same....have to say it does suck tho!

I am off to bed, I have had enough for one hump day, home the down hill slide is smoooooth!

Good Thurs. Morn, Vi's~~

Awake after 5 hours sleep... during most of which I spent dreaming that I was formatting & re-formatting 500 legal footnotes... over & over... ugh... that is why I don't like to go straight to bed after working... it haunts me! But I finished, so just a final review this a.m. & then back to my editor w/a big honkin' invoice to be paid! Yay!

After that, I'm treating myself to a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax (& most likely a latte)... then cleaning (always have to clean before I go away) & actually packing the clothing piles into the suitcases!! Have I mentioned: "SOOO EXCITED!"

Tomorrow we'll wake up @ approx 3AM... leave the house by 4... get to the airport by 5... for our 7am flight! Especially w/the recent increased security concerns (it's so great to live near DC!), we can't chance missing the flight.

Make it a great day, everyone!

1 day 'til Disney!

post-214707-13813138749564_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813138749938_thumb.jpg

Good morning, Violets..

The Bobster is on his way and should be in Cleveland in an hour. I'm waiting to see if I get Ethan today. Joe doesn't know if they have work for him or not. It's either feast or famine with him these days. Haven't heard about my second rehearsal tonight. Just waiting to hear if they guy we're have the special rehearsal for is even going to be there. He's been gone 3 weeks and really needs the practice before the concert tomorrow night.

it's darn chilly this morning, but supposed to be sunny and in the 70's today so you know what I'll be doing this afternoon.. definitely for the last time.. sighhhhhhh Summer is over and fall has arrived. I have about 10 plants to plant in the garden with 6 more coming from ebay next week. I have lots of ideas for garden improvements next spring before the garden walk. Should be fun!!

Off to find some Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!!

Hey Girls~

Kat, that sucks about the moderating. I hope you continue to see us, but if you don't we will find you on FB. I hated my brief moderating experience...too much drama.

Skipped the workout today! Kinda planned it, but thought I might go. I've been up since 4:30, just relaxing. I am having the formal observation today, didn't want to feel rushed.

Michelle, have funfunfun! How long are you gone? Just the weekend? Enjoy your mani/pedi/wax...I NEED all of the above!

Going to the dentist, then need to see the chiro. My back still hurts and need to get over this. Then, going into the garage to get crap for the sale.

Have a great day...

Jane, hope your headache is better!

Actually I'm not, I am off to bed! Been chaos with moderating here, thinking of dropping that, and just going away to FB for awhile, things here have been a bit disappointing. Not you guys, the site in general. If I wanted to be around childish behaviour all the time, I would still be doing daycare.

I come home today to 56 emails----and most of them, wanting me to take sides in something I am not involved in, and trying to "guilt" me into supporting one side against another.

I went to one of the threads you were talking about. What a mess!! Don't blame you for thinking of dropping the moderator thingy. Sure sounds stressful to me.

I wanna see the thread! Where is it? As if I have time to read drama...just wanna take a peek!

Good morning lovies!!! It's Thursday!!! I can't wait for this weekend! Nothing big planned but we do get to meet with our priest and I love doing that. He gets us talking about ourselves and Juan really really opens up about us and says all these lovely things and I have goosebumps the whole time!

Pam!! I would love to come see you again! I wish I had the time to just jump on the plane and come spend the weekend. I LOVE yard sales! I'd be pricing stuff and selling stuff left and right... I need to have one soon. My garage is overstuffed. Juan moved stuff around to make room for us to put my new car in there but I hate that now everything is piled up all around. I need it GONE!!

Kat - ugh, that sucks about the game last night! Wimpy boys! The worst is having you waste your time to make it up there and then nothing happens. That would just make me sooo mad! Sorry about all the trouble on the threads. I haven't ventured out of this thread in a few years so I have no clue what's going on in the "outside" world, LOL... Is that why you've been MIA with us for a bit?? Ahhh, so sorry. Man, you've been a part of this board for such a long time!! Years before most of us were even on here... Hope a few bad seeds don't keep you away from us!

Michelle!!! So excited about you going to Disney. I'm sure ya'll will have so much fun. Can't wait to see your pics!

Janey - Did you headache go away?? How you been doing with your excell?? Did you get it figured out?? Did you go see Grease on broadway?? I missed it when it came here... I wonder if it was good?

Judy - Can't wait to see your updated garden pics! We have to add plant food to our flower beds this weekend and pull out all the dead summer stuff and plant our hardy winter flowers...

My mom went to her checkup this morning and they said she is healing wonderfully. She is already seeing very clearly.

I worked out again last night. We did back and lower back strenght training after our cardio. Kicked my butt... Sore all over again this morning...

How's everyone doing with their eating?? I have good days and bad days still. My sugar intake has gone down dramatically though. I'm thinking of taking Alli for awhile and see how that goes??? I'm doing good with my excersise now i need to do good with my food and i think that will help me....

Good morning!

Woke up to just a little reminder I had a huge headache yesterday!

Michelle, are there new security concerns? I am very jealous of you and your family going!! I bet you kids are over the moon thinking about it and 'missing' school!! Be careful and have loads and loads of fun!!! Three in the morning is crazy early, but I guess Disney World makes it easier to get up!!!

No sun today or yesterday!!

Going to shred some things from the weekend!!

I don't know where the threads are, but I see the rallying & campaigning on FB. I don't know what happened, but a group of them are out to get Susan to step down (I don't know why, so I'm not involved).

Every day now it's going back and forth, and I'm just skimming over the posts on FB. No one has said the problem though, so.. eh.. I'm not going to dig out drama on this forum.

Speakin of, sister went back into rehab last night. She must have run out of her allowance they gave her Sunday.

I was texting mom all night while she was sitting there (it's like a 6 hour admissions process). She said my sister gave her a ticket she got, due TODAY and has to be paid with money order. I finally stopped holding back, I texted back--- You shouldn't pay it, she should have used her 'allowance' to pay for her ticket instead of drugs. You NEED to let her have consequences and stop bailing her out........ Then mom stopped texting me, so I'm sure she's mad at me. She always fights with me if I have an opinion. Oh well. She is at physical therapy right now, waiting for her to get to work to see how mad she is at me for trying to be the voice of reason.

Laura - Are you still a MOD? I just stepped out into the "real" world for a minute (the rest of LBT) and there is so much shit going on everywhere! Sorry you have to deal with that!

So sorry to hear about your mom not speaking to you. I'm glad your sister is back in re-hab though.

A question for moms - how can me and Laura talk to our moms about stuff without them getting defensive?? My little sister is also irresponsible. Not anywhere near as what is going on with Laura's little sister but still she has things that my mom is constanly bailing her out of. I'm afraid that if she continues to do that that my little sister will never ever be responsible for herself. And I'm also afraid that things will escalate from just partying all the time to actually drug use. I try to talk to my parents but my mom gets mad at me and then refuses to talk to me! I'm in the same boat as Laura and now I just ignore it...

Kat -- I am so sorry that you got stuck in the middle of the crap in the PJTP thread. I'd hate to lose you......