Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning!!

I am really glad I have ALL that paperwork behind me. This was the weekend I was supposed to go to KC, but a lot of little things made it so I didn't, and I decided since I had my time marked out, I would not do anything but paperwork, since I had nothing on my agenda!!

I get my flu shot the 4th of October. I always get one, it is amazing to me the number of people who call in last minute to get their haircut because they are sick with the flu and took off work!! Hello, what about ME????

How is Bobs hand Judy?

Good morning lovies...

Weekly housekeeping sounds heavenly! We will see about that when I have kiddos. I kinda feel a little guilty for even having one in the first place. Why do I feel like that? Women are supposed to be able to do it all. I don't even have kids! I dunno. I feel like people are gonna judge me or think I'm lazy. We aren't! Promise! LOL...

Rainy rainy here today...

Pam - I saw your pirate pics!!! Too cute!! I mostly get on Facebook on my phone and I just look. I don't comment on it because the keys are so tiny!

Michelle - I don't remember if you mentioned it but is your husband going with ya'll this time?? Is he disneyed out, LOL?

Janie - aaah, doesn't it feel good to finally have that tast done?? I love that feeling! Doesn't happen often for me though...

What is everyone excited about watching this upcoming fall season on TV? I don't know what to TIVO. Last night I went to try to find a show so I could watch in bed and all I had on my TIVO were wedding shows! I need to find others...

What is everyone excited about watching this upcoming fall season on TV? I don't know what to TIVO. Last night I went to try to find a show so I could watch in bed and all I had on my TIVO were wedding shows! I need to find others...

Let me say first of all that I watch WAY too much TV. I love DIY & HGTV shows, House, Bones, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, Mentalist, Biggest Loser, Fringe. I guess that will do.....

Don't worry about having a cleaning lady -- if you can afford it, do it!! My mom got a cleaning lady as soon as I left for college -- her free help left!! If I could afford it, I would have one -- as it is I still pay someone to come do the 'once a year clean everything but the rafters' cleaning.

ha ha ha, Suzy, how do you keep up with all your shows?? If I watch a show I absolutely can't miss an episode or else I just quit watching....

My mom got a cleaning lady after I moved out too. The bad part about it is that my two lazy sisters still lived at home but never helped with anything. They are udderly spoiled. Their room gets cleaned from top to bottom, bathroom scrubbed, clothes put away. SO SPOILED!! and i'm jealous!!!

I miss a lot of episodes, I watch when I can and don't worry about it if I don't. The only show I ever really got upset about missing was the Bachelor / Bachelorette which is just stupid.

Right now I'm on a Criminal Minds kick where I watch it most days at 1 pm on A&E and then Friday nights and Sunday nights (both on A&E) to catch up on the years before I started watching. The first time I saw it was in 2006 when I was in Italy (don't know italian) so I didn't pick up much. The next time I saw it months later was back in the US and don't you know it was the same episode!!

Haydee,

I am watching and taping Glee (OMG, soooo good), Survivor, American Idol (when it is on), Army Wives, (Weeds, US of Tara, Big Love on HBO and ShoTime when they are on) but we are trying The Good Wife, Flashforward and I caught Accidently on Purpose last night (cute sitcom). Lots of new stuff, can't keep up. I LOVE DWTS, but 3 nights is too much and Susanne does not like it. I'll watch it on Access Hollywood and catch it when I can, but can not committ to it. We also tape and watch AMC and Young and the Restless EVERYDAY! We tend to watch those daily, and save the others for Sunday or Sat evening.

That sounds like a lot considering I go to bed by 8:30ish every night (so I can wake by 4:30 for the gym):bored:

I love love Glee! I'm gonna start taping Fast Forward, I heard that was gonna be good too.

Survivor, Amazing Race and American Idol are our top three shows that we cant miss...

How do you think AI is gonna do with Paula missing? I love Ellen and I'm so happy that she's gonna be on but I think they need to get rid of Kara and bring back Paula...

Paula was good, but a bit airy for me. Kara says, "you know sweetie, that was not good," she is nice but doesn't skirt around the issue. I hope Ellen is good, love love love her. She will not be doing the preshow auditions but will join them when the regular season starts.

I set both my tivo's up with like 30 shows!! I am SO psyched.

2 1/2 men, house, big bang theory, grey's anatomy, till death, flash forward, the good wife, the middle, modern family, accidentally on purpose, glee, californication, dexter, desperate housewives, ugly betty, hank, office, parks & recreation, brothers, curb your enthusiasm, community... uhm..that's all I can remember right now LOL. I am a tv freak, and there's like 8 new shows coming out that look really good.

Went to a mommy group last night at starbucks for their meet & greet. Actually had a good time, can tell there's weird politics within the group, but I liked the girls I was able to talk to (3 tables full of women, so you're kind of limited to whoever you sat next to). They have 3-5 events DAILY, so I should be able to find things to do with them. Exciting!

what do you mean like weird politics? like democrats and republicans mixed together?? ha ha ha... or someones current husband is someone else's ex husband??? oooohhh drama... do tell all you know or speculate!

Hah hah, nothing like that.. more like, what I imagine PTA is like. There's a heirarchy... an unspoken one.

Haydee, I have a cleaning lady every other week. Love it, I am working on my budget and trying very very hard to keep her!!!

I have a cleaning service that comes every other week---sends the same girl. She does things half-ass which annoys me, but I don't know where else to look. Craigslist ended up being psychotic, and there were 2 cleaning places that were reputable.. only 1 called back, and that's who we went with. I've already called twice to 'nicely' complain.. or 'suggest' that I wasn't getting what I'm paying for according to the brochure. So it was like the week after that they sent someone else with her to make her do it right.. but then the next time, she's back to half-ass. I give up.

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

I used to have someone come in & clean 2x/mo, but no longer. The older kids get, the more expensive their "hobbies" get. But I loved it while I had it! I say dump the guilt over it! If you can swing it -- do it! In fact, think of it the other way: instead of guilt, feel happy that you're helping someone in this bad economic time! You've got $, she's got time & expertise, it's a win-win!

Yes, DH is going w/us! lol! But a good question! It's not to be assumed! Months ago when I showed the kids the 4 tickets... they thought my sister was going with us again! Too funny!

Make it a great day, everyone!

2 days 'til Disney!

post-214707-13813138724108_thumb.jpg