Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Yeah Janie,

Home from dentist, he popped that veneer on and did a filling (was supposed to go in Thursday for filling and cleaning, now I only have cleaning on Thursday).

Had a great day. I am heating up leftovers, and finishing grading papers!!!

Haydee, my one PITA student (two actually, but one REALLLLLY gets my goat), is late, sloppy, turning in crap (6 days late that I had to ask for), just wasting my time and then making me spend more time on her than I should have to. Then after all this work last, she is late AGAIN w/ her paper that was due yesterday. I got this bullshit email this morning saying she was going to be late again because of blahblahblah...and it took EVERYTHING in my power not to respond with "whatevs"...uuuuggg! Pisses me off when they waste their money and my time.

OK...Off to start heating (sooo glad dinner is done). Have a nice night! xoxoxo

Did anyone see my pix? I know Judy made a comment on fb but not sure if the other girls did.

Grady just left after an hour here. He's so darn cute! He's got three teeth now and he played with toys on the floor for most of the time he was here. So different from other times when he didn't want anything but to be held and walked.

Kris brought over a box of clothes and I have more "new" sweaters to wear plus a new khaki skirt.

Nathan checked out Bob's wound and pronounced it as looking good. He or Kris said they will take the stitches out when needed. Saves us an office call.

Grady is getting baptized Oct. 18 and Kris is looking online at invitations. She has a couple of cute ones picked out that will have Grady's picture on them.

I had a 2 hour nap this afternoon so I guess my body was telling me something. I haven't napped in ages. It was a great day for it with all the rain we had. I had a half of a plum before my nap and spent the first 20 minutes pbing 3 times. I ate the plum like I used to.. just chowed down on it. Not a good idea. I don't think I've had a plum since getting banded and now I know why.

Going to watch CSI:Miami tonight and then head to bed. Ethan comes at 8 and Grady at 10:30. Should be fun!!

Have a good evening. sleep well!!

Pamela, I didn't see any pix because I can't get on Facebook. Have you ever had a veneer pop off? I have sort of like a veneer on my front tooth and am always scared it will come off. My dentist tells me I will know, but?.?.?.?.

I am so glad to have my paperwork behind me.

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

Janie, no, never had one pop off. Thank God I caught it and didn't swallow it. They are $1000 each! I've had this for about 6-7 years and it just popped off. No big deal.

OK...gotta go download papers!

Well, I guess I know now why I've been feeling crappy all day -- I'm running a low-grade fever. Great! Will take a day to take it easy (if I still feel poorly in the morning).

Hope it's not the flu -- although to help out my weight loss I could stand to have the flu for about a month!!

Well, I guess I know now why I've been feeling crappy all day -- I'm running a low-grade fever. Great! Will take a day to take it easy (if I still feel poorly in the morning).

Hope it's not the flu -- although to help out my weight loss I could stand to have the flu for about a month!!

Take care of yourself!! Hope it's not the flu.. Did you get your flu shot yet??

Nope, no flu shot yet, even with the 6 visits to the doctor in the last 4 weeks. I asked yesterday and they said that they don't have it yet.

I got a tetnus shot Friday (required for the foster kids, don't quite know why) but I would have thought I would have already had a reaction to that if it were it.

Guess maybe going to sleep might help.....

Good Tuesday Morn, Vi's~~

Another "regular" day... starting to make packing piles for the trip! Then work, errands, activities... the usual.

Haydee, maybe you could have the housekeeper come weekly for the big stuff (bathrooms/kitchen)? I try to do a little bit each day, too... some days it works, others, not so much. + w/3 of "them" & 1 of "me", the odds for a top-to-bottom clean house are waaaay against me! I mostly try to keep the "public" areas spic & span... you never know when someone will pop in (well, yes I do... when it's a wreck!).

Janie, yay for you for getting your work done AND figuring out the oversized screen!

SuzyT, Rest & liquids! I called yesterday to schedule a regular flu shot for dd & was also told that they're not ready yet. hmmm.

Pam, loved the texting w/you last night & the reason why. I was @ DS's soccer game... he earned a shut-out, yay!

Judy, YES!! I am going to wear our bouncy shoes @ WDW... that's why I got them when I did, so I could break them in/get used to them. I'm going to do all that walking AND tone & firm my butt & legs -- lol! I love them but sometimes am a bit wobbly going down stairs in them. (So the moving walkways / ride loading areas should be interesting!)

We love Morocco... on our first trip when DD was 4 she was mesmorized by the bellydancer! She just sat down right in front of her, right in the middle of the sidewalk, & stared. So it was all the Dads & DD! So funny! (This is why I love WDW so much, the silly fun & lasting memories!)

Laura, any word yet on the port revision? Crossing my fingers for you!

Make it a great day, everyone!

3 days 'til Disney!

post-214707-13813138720357_thumb.jpg

Good morning, Violets..

Ethan has arrived for the day and Grady will be here in a couple of hours. Gramma has a workout today.

The rain has stopped finally and if the sun comes out today Ethan and I will go fimmin. This will be the last week for the pool. We'll call to have it closed up next week. I'm so happy that I was able to use it into Sept. If I did not have the heater, I would have had hardly any pool time at all this year.

Michelle.. I'm so excited for you and your family! it's so neat to find something that you all enjoy and can do together.

Wow.. no flu vaccine for some of you?? Ours has been here for a week now. I'm scheduled to work Oct. 2 at the shot clinic. I'm talking regular flu vaccine though, not the special swine flu vaccine. I don't think I'll be getting that one.

Off to watch some tv with Ethan and help Bob start to pack for his trip to Cleveland on Thursday.

Everyone have a great day!!! Be good to yourselves.

Hey Chicas~

WEnt to the gym and did weights today! I did shoulders, biceps, triceps, bench presses, pull downs and only 10 on my back. My back is hurting from yesterday's moving crap around in my classroom. Tomorrow is cardio again, then Thursday will either be weights or a day off. So glad Jenny joined the gym too, it is fun w/ my two bff's!

Judy, enjoy grandma duty. That sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure you will make it fun!

Michelle, how fun...a countdown. Gay days at Disney is funny...just the concept. We are excited to go w/ friends and to have a hotel room!

Janie, glad you worked it out. You crack me up!

Haydee, I second what Michelle says about a weekly. I know you still have SOME little stuff but just to have the bathrooms, moppping, dusting and vaccuuming done weekly is worth it. Less stress for you both.

Have a great day!

xoxoxox

Oh yeah...getting flu shot next week at doctor's office. But Walgreens have them here daily. Get one this year fo' sho'...that is my 2 cents!

Ok Pam, you made me do it. You made me go onto Facebook (ugh) to see your Pirate Party Pics. And I'm glad I did! They're great! I barely recognized Susanne! & you are looking fab-u, w/the eye lift & all! So good to see your smiling face!!

Maybe it was an anomaly, no fever this morning. Still going to take it easy today and stay home, watch some TV, read a book, just generally be lazy just in case!

I was all over the place yesterday. I tried to give blood, but the bus' three generators went out so they had no power. Why can't they carry the stuff to be able to set up in a physical building as well? They were at a HUGE firehouse with plenty of power but because the generators cannot plug into regular power and they didn't have the stuff to bring off the truck, they missed four hours of a five hour blood drive. How do all three generators go out at the same time??

Anyway.....have a good day!!