Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Monday morning! Rainy and wet here today but we are supposed to have cooler temps soon so that's a big plus!

I got my new car and I finally got to drive it this morning. It's awesome!

New Orleans was so much fun! Have any of ya'll been? Lots of history and beautiful architecture. The food is AMAZING. We ate at so many wonderful places. Lots of the restaurants there are hundreds of years old and we were able to experience such rich culture. Walking through the cobblestone streets was so idylic. And there are so many horse drawn carriages around and so you hear the clopping of the horses feet on the cobblestones and you can feel what it must have felt like long ago. I always imagined that New Orleands was just alcohol and debauchery but we were able to see the other side of it and we are definetly going back. I'll post pics on Facebook as soon as I can.

Judy - OMG, poor Bob! I'm glad it's getting better though but that sounds like a big gash...

Michelle - sooo jelous of your disney trip. When ya'll go do ya'll do the same rides or do ya'll always manage to find new stuff to do?

Pammy - yay on the excersise. I go back tonight after being "OFF" for 6 days! It's gonna kick my ass. I'm not looking forward to it. But i've indulged way too much these past few days and so I know I need it...

Jane - Doesn't it feel so good once you've gotten started on something that you've been putting off for a loooonnngg time. Me and you are very much alike... To make the cell read what you put in there you need to right click on the cell and then click on the FORMAT CELL option. Then click on TEXT. That means that whatever you put in that cell it will take as is with no corrections... Hope that helps!

Kat - have a good day at work. Is that lady still making things difficult for you?

Can ya'll believe it's already the end of September? Where did September go? Seriously, I missed it. Time is FLYING. I need to get my butt in gear and start looking for invites and start looking for a dress for me. I fear it's going to be a daunting task....

Done with the cleaning-for now! That's great about Kris!! I have stopped weighing myself. I think I am nesting all over again, I am getting so antsy about cleaning every nook with every spare moment I have.

We have had a lot of flooding around here, from the sounds of FB everyone is getting rain lately.

Haydee I knew you went somewhere, didn't know it was New Orleans.. yes that place is beautiful. I actually haven't been (it's on my to-do list), but I know so many people that go and bring me back pics, souvenirs, and stories.. sounds wonderful.. and no, the debauchery and drinking is just during Mardi Gras!

Haydee I knew you went somewhere, didn't know it was New Orleans.. yes that place is beautiful. I actually haven't been (it's on my to-do list), but I know so many people that go and bring me back pics, souvenirs, and stories.. sounds wonderful.. and no, the debauchery and drinking is just during Mardi Gras!

Sounds like a great trip for us sometime...I've never been but it is on my bucket list too.

OMG, we got new carpet over the weekend and I walked in and my class was tossed! Everyone's was. It was free and left over from the new school, but man, 3 weeks into the year??? So, first period, we did NOTHING except put everything back. I've got GREAT kids...they hooked up puters, put tables back, moved books, anything I told them too. Got one now wipping everything down. I am LOVING THIS YEAR...no sign of any Manuels yet. My grad students are workin' my last nerve...one in particular is making me work extra.

bbl

Michelle...jealous about DW. We are going to Gay Days at Disneyland in 2 weeks (Jenny, Annette, Jax, Melissa and us) and we got rooms in LA, so we can relax! Looking forward to it!

"Gay Days" @ Disneyland? :smile2: That's 2 phrases I didn't know existed together! It's an oxymoron that hit my funny bone! Is there something I should know about Walt? (You remember, I have NO gaydar! :biggrin: Just ask the "brothers" on our flight into PS! LOL!) Have a blast -- next time I visit, we'll try to go, too!!

Oh boo, that doesn't work. I follow all the steps you tell me, and it says that whatever I type sticks, but then when I do it, it changes again!!

Oh well it really isn't a big deal. I know what it means, and that is really all that matters. I have an old version of office, it is either 97 or 2000. I think it is 97, but can't find the cd holder.

Haydee I am glad that you had a great time. I was in New Orleans when I was in middle school with my parents. The only thing I remember was a kite store and ice cream store!! I am not a big fan of ice cream or kites, odd that is what I remember.

Judy, that worries me about the swelling, I hope all is okay!!

I am so jealous of both Michelle and Pam going to DisneyWorld/Land!!

Oh well I need to get back to my paperwork and my 'HAS'!!

I got my new car and I finally got to drive it this morning. It's awesome!

Michelle - sooo jelous of your disney trip. When ya'll go do ya'll do the same rides or do ya'll always manage to find new stuff to do?

Hey Haydee! What kind of car did you get? How exciting!!

When we go, we always try to old favs AND new stuff. They're always adding new things, so that's easy to do. This time we're staying @ the All-Star Movies, which we've never done before, and going to the "Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween Party" for the first time, + we got the dining plan free (yay!), so we're eating in some new restaurants, and there are several new rides since the last time we were there. But we all have our favorite "must-dos" as well. Last night while watching the Emmy's I was finalizing our day-by-day agenda (I always go w/a plan... and sometimes we stick to it, & sometimes we don't (love the unexpected surprises there!), but at least starting out w/a plan helps maximize our time/fun & minimize the standing around saying "What should we do next?") and we were all getting so excited! Remember... the last time the kids & I went (Feb. '08) I surprised them, so they didn't get any of the excited anticipation, so they're really enjoying it now! Since countdown Day 10, I've been posting a "Where in the World" picture on the 'frig each day that's a closeup of something/one in one of the Parks and they all have to guess... I just love doing fun/silly stuff like that! I'm also going to surprise them all w/a special Dessert Fireworks eve @ the Magic Kingdom, where we get to eat yummy Desserts & then view the fireworks from a VIP viewing area! I love surprises!

Whoops, sorry about that... kinda went on & on... I'm not excited or anything, right?

I stopped weighing myself too Laura, because I don't want to get down on myself and spiral into "OH WELL land" if I gain... Ima just keep working on this...

Speaking of cleaning, I have really let my house go since I've been going to the gym so much. Juan offered this great piece of advice when I told him I was doing to much in the evenings to get anything done around the house, "get up at 5am and go in the mornings". NOT. We need to sit down and come up with a chore list by the day of what needs to get done so that it doesn't pile up on us... We really need to be more organized if we are planning on family soon...

And yes, I would very very much recommend visiting New Orleans. Go during the cooler months though because it gets HOOOTTTTT... We were drenched on Saturday while we were walking around. The sun is hot and it's so humid...

Pam - glad you got a great bunch this year. What's your grad student doing to grate your nerves??

I made a dermatologist appointment this morning and she said, "all i have available is Oct 2nd", I'm like, why so far away? That's next month! She said, that's next week. WHERE DID SEPTEMBER GO????

Michelle - sounds awesome!!! I'm sure they are so excited. I always plan ahead too but change stuff if things come up. The times we've gone on trips that we don't have a plan we waste so much time trying to come up with "what are we doing next". We have two planners in my family, me and my little sister. So everyone usually leaves all the planning up to us and they go along for the ride and just look to us to see what comes up next...

Jane - sorry that didn't work!! There has to be something that is formatted to auto correct your cells. I would look for that option. Turn off auto correct or auto format or anything like that...

Oh my car, I got the newer version of what I had. I had a 2005 Chevy Equinox and we got 2010 version of it. Same color just new car! I loved my car but it was getting along in miles and in appereance. We thoroughly use our cars, put tons of miles on them and we travel alot in them. So we figured we needed to sell mine while it was still worth something and get a new one.

Judy, is Kris dieting or just the working out?

I e-mailed my docs last week asking the next step, nurse wrote back saying they probably want to replace the port and she'll get with the docs and let me know. Waiting to hear back with baited breath.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Yikes, you've been very talkative while I've been gone!!

Laura.. Kris is dieting and working out. They have cut out carbs and sugar, though she can have a sweet treat on Sundays only. I think having Grady sleeping at night has made her more relaxed and happy and she's not turning to food like she has. I'm proud of her and I'm happy cause I'm getting all her too small clothes and when she gets back down to her normal size, she's going to buy new clothes so I don't have to give any back.. woo hoooo!!

Michelle... Last time we went to Disney with the entire family, we had the meal deal and it was so neat to be able to go to different restaurants. We ate at the Moroccan restaurant and loved it. Bob liked the belly dancers.. sheesh.

Are you going to wear your bouncy shoes there?? I sure am enjoying mine. Don't know if they are doing anything but they sure are comfortable.

And I like the glittery stuff on them. lol

Haydee.. congrats on the new car. Mine is 5 years old and is the oldest car I've ever had. We usually traded ours in every 2 or 3 years. But this one is paid for and I'll just keep driving it till it can't drive anymore.

It's starting to get a bit sunny out. It poured all morning and early afternoon. No working outside today. No Ethan so I think I'm going to enjoy a little nap in a bit.

The Bobster's hand is not as swelled up today and he says it feels better so that's all good.

Facebook has been having problems all day today. Sure hope it's not going to crash. I love that place!!

Well, off to zzzzzzz land. We babysit Grady tonight for an hour. Hope he's not a cranky pants!!

Haydee, ever consider a cleaning lady? Think about it, I spent $200 bucks a month (50 a week) and it freed me up so much. Having bed linens changed, she ironed (2$ a item), mop, vaccum, dusting, showers and bathrooms. It was worth it to me for my time. Now that Susanne is working a lot, we are considering it again (but she will not be happy). Perhaps something for you guys to think about, and maybe you can get someone for a better price. Ain't no shame in that game sista if you work full time, exercise and want to enjoy quality time w/ your man.

Pam - the sad part is that we do have a cleaning lady that comes twice a month. This is the daily stuff that we can't keep up with. Typical day for me starts at 6am, I leave for work at 7am. Get home around 630pm. Make dinner. I meet my friend a the gym at 730 and we are there until 830 or 9pm sometimes. When I get home I am exhausted. It takes all of me just to get in the shower. Then I usually crash on the couch with Juan for a little while before dozing off. This is typical weekday for us. The only time I have to do things is on the weekends. But since our busy wedding season has started I have a wedding almost every Saturday. Sundays are church and then seeing family.

I hate that my schedule is so restricted but I am desperately trying to keep up with this gym thing so that I can look back at my wedding pics and not cringe when I see the fat rolls, LOL...

I talked to Juan and just told him that he would have to pitch in more than usual. I am used to doing most of the housework just because I feel guilty that he works all day with his body and I sit in a desk. So I have pretty much spoiled him in that sense. My fault. But I told him things had to change. That even though he comes home tired that he still needs to do the dishes after he eats, sweep, vacuum, do one thing each night so that it doesn't pile up. I told him that in the hour window that I have while I'm cooking dinner I will also have one chore. Laundry, ect...

I hope this system works and we stick to it.