Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Morning all

Judy, good luck with that flu shot... both my kids got sick and my mom got hers 2 days ago and is now getting sick too. and Pamela... you hit the nail on the head.... "What do we know about it???????" that just scares me and the way they reacted to the regular one this year... mmmmmmmm I don't think so

went for 4 mile walk now heading to the gym, then home to clean and do some paperwork.

Have a good day all

I hear ya Jenn, I am a bit scared too. I think I should get it because my students go to Mexico for the weekend all the time. Not that Mexico has the swine flu, just that with the international travel...I don't know! Scarely either way!

And damn girl...4 mile walk and then the gym...you go girl!

Happy Mexican Independence Day!!! Sucks even more that I am not there for my kids today!

xoxooxxo

Dang y ou Jen!!!!!!!!!! Now I have the Flintstones song in my head! Grrrrr!!!!

Feel better soon Pamela--so sorry you are having such a time getting well.

As for the shot----we always do the flu shot, not sure at this point about me and the H1N1--but Rick will take it, with his heart valve, flu could be deadly.

Gotta go to work-----bye all!

Morning all

Judy, good luck with that flu shot... both my kids got sick and my mom got hers 2 days ago and is now getting sick too. and Pamela... you hit the nail on the head.... "What do we know about it???????" that just scares me and the way they reacted to the regular one this year... mmmmmmmm I don't think so

went for 4 mile walk now heading to the gym, then home to clean and do some paperwork.

Have a good day all

So far so good with mine. I got it Monday and it's a little hard spot now, but no sign of getting sick. (fingers crossed).

Kudos on the exercising!! I hope to get in the pool this afternoon with Ethan. it's 57 out now, but supposed to get up into the 70's and if the sun is shining, that's just perfect for us.

Jenn - how big are the Vit D pills that you take? I'm afraid of them getting stuck in my pouch!

Pamela - El Grito!! Ay ya yay ya yay ya yay ya yaaaaayyyyy!!! Sorry you feel so crappy! Everyone is so sick! 3 of my co-workers are sick and they finally decided to stay home instead of subject us to their germs... I cannot get sick! We are going on a "wild" girls weekend to New Orleans, ha ha ha...

Judy - I was watching Anthony Bourdain's show last night and he ate pasties in Montana and it showed how they are made. They look SO GOOD. I might have to make them soon. Can I use pre-made dough? I suck at making dough!

Janie - did you have a good day at work? Have you talked to your doc about changing your anti-depressant? At least is it doing everything it's supposed to be doing??

I am a little scared about the swine vaccine just because they rolled it out so fast. I'm just scared that they didn't do all the appropriate testing thoroughly...

Gah, I'm so glad it's Wednesday! I am so ready for the weekend! The temperature here is starting to turn. I can smell fall coming... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of the year.

So wedding talk now - I've been looking at different invitation websites but nothing has caught my eye. I know alot of people print and assemble their own invites at home but I don't know how those turn out... I would like something that's embossed, I think. Just something that is elegant...

Off to get my morning coffee... I would like a donut so bad this morning... I don't even know why I'm craving a donut, I can't even eat them!

Haydee..

Now you've made me hungry for a Pasty!! They are such a good meal. Kris made them once with pre-made pie dough. It wasn't as good, but did work. It makes for a thinner crust. As long as you load it up with all the goodies inside, the crust is not that big a deal. At least not for bandsters.

Laura.. what did you end up taking to your coworker yesterday? You guys sure have been through the wringer lately.

Grady is finally sleeping through the night. Gramma told Kris to let him cry during the night. She was always getting up and picking him up and rocking and not getting any sleep at all. It was so bad she said she didn't want any more kids. But she finally listened to me and several others who said let him cry. If he's fed, bathed, changed, there is no reason to pick him up. It's now been 4 nights and he's sleeping at least 10 hours a night... FINALLY!!! He's a happier baby and Kris is definitely a happier mommy. Just wish she would have listened to me months ago!

Off to figure out some lunch for Ethan and me. BBL

I think it would be fun to plan a wedding, but then I think of all that is involved, like the invites--figuring out which ones, who get invitation, who doesn't, addressing them all, calling people who didn't rsvp that you know are coming to make sure they are coming. I just ruined my fantasy.........

I feel the same way about the swine flu shot. They did hurry it, plus they are giving it away for free???? The whole thing doesn't make sense. I think they are going to start in late October giving it to people. I don't think I will be on of the first ones to get it!!

Pamela, I hope you are feeling better!!!

I am off to get ready for work.

Janie... I had a wedding back in the dark ages. I made my dress and one of the bridesmaid dresses. The rest made their own. I couldn't go online to look for anything. There wasn't an online back then. Seems like forever ago. But I think it turned out kinda well. :)

The wedding planning is fun for the first part of it. The getting to pick out stuff part. I am dreading the invitation part of it. I think that's gonna be the most stressful part of it. My mom really really wants me to have place cards so that people are assigned to a table. I think that would be way to much work and would rather just designate VIP tables that are in the front. What do ya'll think??

Janie... I had a wedding back in the dark ages. I made my dress and one of the bridesmaid dresses. The rest made their own. I couldn't go online to look for anything. There wasn't an online back then. Seems like forever ago. But I think it turned out kinda well. :)

YOU MADE YOUR DRESS???? WOW!! that's awesome!! And yes, I think in the end everything turned out well for you :sad:

Oh and about the baby crying thing... I guess I won't know that until I have one of my own but my mom has always adviced new moms of that. Let them cry it out. If they are dry, fed, not in pain, let them cry it out...

I have a co-worker whose baby is almost two and he still sleeps between her and her husband. She has never been able to get him to sleep in his crib because he cries. I told her, let him cry! She does for a little bit but then she goes to him, holds him, pats him and eventually brings him to bed with them. Her husband does it too so someone always caves in. She then turns around and complains that her relationship with her husband is rocky and that they are never intimate anymore. HELLO, I wonder why???

My old next door neighbors sister would put her baby in the car at night and take a drive to get her to sleep. She was still doing that when I moved, and the girl was 4!!! Can't imagine doing that!!

I have been reading, keep thinking about posting but not much to say.

I don't know about baby of the month yet...

I ended up making banana bread muffins for co-worker (found a recipe that only needed 2 bananas--which is what I had). Turned out awesome (I ate one of course to test!). I put them in foil and a little 3oz block of cream cheese. Then my friend here at work went all out, muffins, brownies, homemade bread.. everything cut up and individually wrapped in saran wrap in a basket. So smart, I don't know why I don't think of things like that. They leave for Indiana for the funeral, etc. tomorrow so that is going to be perfect.

The anonymous letter, they know is a current employee by what they said; but no indication of who it is, even postmarked from a city 2 hours from here.. so who knows who it was.

Ok Carson crying, gotta bail!