Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I AM SICK AND PISSED...the guest speaker was moved to Thursday...I started crying, that is how sick I am.

I WANT NACHOS!

Haydee - thanks. ... no they went back to school last Wed, dd is exhausted has cheer ever day from 3:15 to 6 school all day and tons of homework... ds is just exhausted getting back into it. He is getting a little cold and alex got a mild flu from the stupid shot. NO WAY am I giving the the Swine shot.

I'm sorry to hear about your break in. I was 2nd on the list for our site, than goodness Chris always answered. LOL

Suzyt- you're a glutton for punishment! Two boards at once for 7 years?? ay ya yay... Glad you're done with that!

I was only on both for 4 years and then the one for 3 more years, but yeah, enough is enough! Time for someone else to step up for a while!! I actually resigned and skipped my final year because I've had it with all the petty stuff -- kinda like Michelle's PTA drama. One of the guys that got elected last night is not someone I want to work with so I definitely will NOT be tempted to re-up any time soon.

Sorry about the early morning .... I was still awake at 3 am. Don't know why. At least I could sleep in this morning. Hopefully some news about the job tomorow. Keeping my fingers crossed. After 6 months at home, I am BROKE! and bored.:mad2:

Good afternoon, Violets..

Boy, we have lots of Vi's MIA, don't we???

I just got back from fimmin with Ethan. We didn't stay out as long because it's downright cool out there. At least the pool Water is still warm so I got my exercising in and just a little relaxing time when the sun came out. Certainly wasn't a lot. Probably only one more week of the pool and then it's closed up for the season. With all the earlier trouble with the heater, it's been so nice to have everything working right for the last month or so.

Suzy..good luck with the job!! My fingers are crossed for you and TracyinKs to get the jobs you want.

Things are not going well at my church. Salaries are going to be cut and programs as well to try and balance the budget. It's going to be a very stressful time and I'm looking at being done next June at the end of the choir season. The church is just not the same place anymore. I don't feel the joy and comfort I used to. I'd much rather be somewhere worshiping with the Bobster. That's impossible right now because he has chosen to stay away during this time of conflict so as not to muddy the waters, so to speak.

PamELa... have you been to a doctor????? Sure feel bad that you're not feeling well and still have all those things to do.

Jenn.. I got my flu shot yesterday. Not the swine flu shot.. just the regular. Hospital volunteers get them for free. I didn't get one last year, but I don't want to take the risk this year.

Jane... I ate a whole crunch wrap from Taco Bell yesterday. I need to get my head back in the game. Arghhhhhh

Haydee.. sorry you had to be the one to get up so early. Do they have any leads on who might have done it?

Kat.. I was so pleased to hear the report about Rick.. health and job. I know that's a big relief to you both.

((hugs)) to all the rest of the Violets. Hope things are going well for Michelle in New Jersey.

Judy, went to urgent care on Saturday to check to see if it was flu...which it is not. Just a viral infection, rest and fluids were prescribed!

Kat, that is great news about Rick! I would imagine you all hold your breath every year this time.

Jenn, why not getting the swine flu shot? What do we know about it?

Dr. Oz said 50% of Americans WILL get the swine flu. He said so many American's suffer from Vitamin deficiency, and that we should all be taking a supplement each day (1000 units). My band doctor said I was vit. D deficient and gave me prescription vit.d. D is responsible for immune system functions...going to buy some soon!

Where is everyone?

Edited by kity

Judy, I feel so bad that you have been dealing with these church woes for so long. It seems never ending and who wants to be separated from their family during times of worship???

Suzanne, I always wanted to be on a board just for the experience. Maybe I am lucky I haven't had that exposure just yet, lol.

I also always wanted to do jury duty out of curiousity but they never call me :0)

I haven't heard anything about the swine vaccine around here. I need to read the paper and watch the news. I just haven't had any time.

Pam - can you believe I still haven't tasted those darn nachos? I dream about them all the time and we have a denny's right down the street but haven't made it down there...

Judy - glad you got to enjoy your pool. It seems like you missed the whole beginning of the summer but were finally able to get in... My parents pool that was supposed to have been ready in JULY is still not ready. Luckily we have pretty mild temperatures around here and we can still use it in October but it will suck if that pool gets finished at the start of our "winter" season.

Suzy - good luck with your job search. One of my Facebook friends had been looking forever. For like a year. And she finally started at one on Monday and today she informs us that it sucks, LOL. That really sucks!!!

Heather, me too! My mom keeps getting called for jury duty and she hates it. I've never been called and I soooo want to do it, LOL.

Judy - I agree, the politics of the church are so sad. We go there for peace and prayer and then for all this to happen so sad. Are they still going ahead with the "consultant" to come in and "train" the pastor?

Suzanne, I always wanted to be on a board just for the experience. Maybe I am lucky I haven't had that exposure just yet, lol.

Heather, I have been lucky that the boards I have been on (three different homeowner's association boards) have all been kinda informal and everyone has gotten along well so we haven't needed the formality of most board meetings. We always followed an agenda, etc, but didn't get bent out of shape if some broke into the conversation with something different. I guess I am an informal kind of person so it worked ok. Haven't studied Robert's Rules of Order.

Judy, I too am saddened that you have so much strife at church. My parents are quite active in their church and I cannot imagine them going to two different churches. (I almost was an Episcopal priest's daughter -- my Dad went to seminary for a year or so)

Laura, did you parents figure out who sent the letter they got?

Well, I think I am getting back in the right mindset. I walked on the treadmill this morning while the cable, phone and internet were out and went to Curves this afternoon. I did have them take out the abs exercises and the squat machine for a while to recover from the surgery, but it felt good to work out and get all green dots!! Yea Curves smart!! The food intake is still the hardest part but I've done ok with that today as well. It all starts with the first day......

Good evening, Violets..

Just back from my singing rehearsal. Our concert is on the 27th so we're getting down to crunch time. Actually we are sounding pretty good. Just a couple of glitches in a couple of pieces. Once those get cleared up it will sound really good. We're singing things like Fields of Gold, Don't Know Why (Nora Jones version), Moon River, The Way We Were and lots more. All of it is acapella.

Haydee.. the church is in negotiation with the consultant to see if he will accept our proposal for him to come and try and "fix" the problem. My method of fixing would be to say.. this isn't working out.. you need to leave. But what do I know?

He'll be here for at least another 3 months. I just don't get it. If you knew that you were splitting the church, wouldn't you gracefully bow out for the good of the church?? Apparently it's all about him in his mind.

Suzy... good job on the exercise. When the pool gets closed up, I'll be on my Trikke for as long as the weather holds.

Tomorrow is choir rehearsal and then Bob and I are leaving Thursday afternoon for a mini-get away. We're heading to Traverse City.. 2.5 hours away just to leave all the stress behind for awhile. We'll be back Saturday night.

Off to watch some tv and relax a bit before bed. Ethan comes early tomorrow for the day.

Everyone sleep well.

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up and waiting for Ethan to arrive for the day. It's dark and dreary out, but hopefully it will brighten up as it gets later in the morning. In my previous life I would have already been up for 3 hours, driven 62 miles to school and would be waiting for the munchkins to arrive. I'm very happy I'm home on the computer talking to the Vi's.

Everyone have a great day!!

Morning all

Judy, good luck with that flu shot... both my kids got sick and my mom got hers 2 days ago and is now getting sick too. and Pamela... you hit the nail on the head.... "What do we know about it???????" that just scares me and the way they reacted to the regular one this year... mmmmmmmm I don't think so

went for 4 mile walk now heading to the gym, then home to clean and do some paperwork.

Have a good day all

Good Morning Girls~

Sure is quiet in here. Some bad feelings still around?

I am sick again. After going in yesterday and falling asleep at my desk during 6th period and the kids needing to wake me up when the bell rang, I need to stay home again. SUCKS to start off this way, but we went to get Vit. D yesterday...and am going to take 1000 units a day! IMPORTANT FOR IMMUNE, JOINT AND BONE HEALTH. Hoping I don't have a bad year.

I have back to school night tonight...sucks but gotta do it. I'd pretty much have to be dead or in the hospital to miss it.

Have a great day! Maybe we need to get some flying monkeys out soon. It is sadly quiet in here lately...sad:confused::):confused::sad:

Good Morning Girls~

Sure is quiet in here. Some bad feelings still around?

I am sick again. After going in yesterday and falling asleep at my desk during 6th period and the kids needing to wake me up when the bell rang, I need to stay home again. SUCKS to start off this way, but we went to get Vit. D yesterday...and am going to take 1000 units a day! IMPORTANT FOR IMMUNE, JOINT AND BONE HEALTH. Hoping I don't have a bad year.

I have back to school night tonight...sucks but gotta do it. I'd pretty much have to be dead or in the hospital to miss it.

Have a great day! Maybe we need to get some flying monkeys out soon. It is sadly quiet in here lately...sad:confused::):confused::sad:

Pamela - my nutritionist told me to take them at my last appt, 1000 units vit d... also promotes fat burning.

I've been taking them for about 6 weeks, that and my Flinstones