Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I gain weight during High stress!!

I am watching Glee, dvr'd last night. I think Wednesday night is the real night Glee will be on, not sure though.

Sort of busy day today at work.

I am going to try to motivate myself to do something before work!

Darn I meant to tivo Glee, but I forgot!!

Haydee, so does that mean the 2nd girl is going to have her wedding somewhere else now?

Puppies went smoothly, they were sedated first, so they were nice and calm and let us hold them quietly for a bit before they sent them on their way. Mom handled it well, she just keeps saying how weird it's going to be not to have dogs out there anymore (she vowed no more dogs ever in her life). We got to sit with them until the creamation place came to pick them up. It went a lot better than I ever imagined, I guess it always seems to traumatic in my mind, but it's really not. Since it was their time, and their quality of life was not a good one, this was the humane thing. I think back to Pandora, that still chokes me up. If there was anything I could have done, I would have done it, she was my favorite cat ever... ah.. I don't think I could have been there for that one, I'm glad I was with V's!!

Edited by FairyFacade

Yes, poor girl. She is going to have to go elsewhere now. I can't even imagine where, everything is booked in the area. I feel so bad but what am I to do?? I offered to pay for her to reprint her Save the dates and to pay for any other cancellation charges but she said no, that she would go elsewhere. I refunded her money and that's it.

Oh Laura - I can't imagine. Poor babies, but you're right, it was their time to go...

MIL is doing well... up & walking around, doing breathing exercises... still no word on when she'll be released from the hospital, looks like tomorrow or Monday. Thanks for your continued support!!

My band doc just called, asking me the serial number of my band (up until I called allergan a couple weeks ago, I didn't even know I had one!!) So I said "Uhm, I don't know". She said it's on the box they sent home with me from the hospital. WTF? No one ever told me that, I didn't keep up with that crap. And apparently they don't bother to write it down either. Apparently Allergan called them from my report I put in with them and were trying to get more info. I can't believe they don't have the #, and then tell me it's on a box they sent home (but never told me THEN that it has some numbers I may need one day).

Seriously, wtf.

To top it off, this nurse was rude and irritated with me for not having this info.

MIL is doing well... up & walking around, doing breathing exercises... still no word on when she'll be released from the hospital, looks like tomorrow or Monday. Thanks for your continued support!!

Michelle, so glad to hear this! How is dh doing? and the kids?

Do you watch GLEE?

xoxoxoxoxo

Laura - I can't believe that they didn't tell you to keep that stuff. My doctor was very explicit in his instructions to me and told me that I had to make sure I put the box and all the accompanied paperwork in a safe place and keep it FOREVER. That sucks that no one has a record of the number. They didn't write it down for you on any of your hospital records??

Michelle - glad to hear that your MIL is doing well. Is she gonna need afterward once she's out? Who's gonna stay with her or will she come stay with ya'll?

Jane - have a great day at work! Did you end up doing anything productive like you wanted to??

I never got a box or any info on my band. Just what the Doc gives you on how to live with the band. I hope he has all the info in my file.

Haydee, Maybe if she can't find a new place she will come back to you for your help to set up a new day. Too bad that happened. Weddings are just to stressful.

Janie, have a good day at work and hopefully business will pick up for you.

Terri - I had tried to PM you, but it came back. You said that you hadn't lost even .1cc after your fill. How long had you been at that fill level with no loss of fill?

I asked my doctor to contact your doctor, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I haven't totally discounted the possibility of flying to Houston....if Dr Spivak would see me. Still trying to find someone closer to home that uses it though. Thanks for all your help!!

I had a second interview yesterday but will not find out until next week.

Kinda slow moving today with all the running around I did yesterday. I went to my PCP in the morning to get prednisone to calm the drug reaction to the hydrocodone or IV antibiotics from my gall bladder surgery. Still taking zyrtec x2 (ok with PCP) to help calm the itching.

I know I wrote more than this the first time before it disappeared into LBT never never land.....

I am so upset at the lack of character, intelligence and passion for some of my colleagues. I am NOT a great teacher, but at least I have passion and understand the importance of motivating students. I have lost respect for some people...and you can never earn that back. Behavior and actions indicate character.

OH well...can't save the world today.:blushing::w00t:

ha ha ha... you sound like me Pam. Last night I felt like crap. Couldn't stop crying and carrying on. I got in the shower and when I came out Juan had a big milkshake waiting for me. He said, this will make you feel better. And it did unfortunately. Some people would of had a glass of wine, I had a milkshake, LOL.

Sorry about your co-workers. My friend who is a teacher complains all the time about that. I tell her to complain to the principal but she says it doesn't work like that...

Okay, how am I able to take a statement that I feel might be critical and turn it into something positive. Example: I love my mother in law. She's awesome in every way except for the fact that she comments about my weight and my eating habits. Juan says I should take those comments she makes and instead of taking them as critisms, take them as that she's trying to motivate me. I know that she doesn't do it to be mean but I take it like that and I don't know how to change that feeling. Last night I saw her and she kept gushing at how good I looked. She knows I've been going to the gym everyday and that I'm trying to eat healthier. But I haven't lost but 3 lbs. She kept going on and on about my gut and how it's gotten less swollen. So basically I took that as a critisism and I shouldnt have. But if I have this relationship with this woman and my weight has always been an "issue" with her how then do I turn it around for me?

Play psychoanalyst for me today please...