Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Michelle,

Thanks for the update on MIL! I was thinking about you today, and about DH. It is hard to know what to do/say for your spouse when they are dealing with this. DH is lucky to have you...especially since you are fond of her as well!

xoxoxooxxo

Michelle, Thanks for checking in and letting us know about your MIL. It must have been a very emotional day for all of you. Take care of yourselves, your MIL will need you when she gets home.

Thanks for the update, Roomie..

Continued prayers for your MIL and family. Hopefully the worst is over now and she can concentrate on getting out of the hospital and back home. That's awful about the epidural!!!!!

It's certainly a difficult job when the child becomes the parent/caregiver. Been there, done that. It's rewarding in some ways, but very difficult in others.

Just got back from singing rehearsal. It was a good one. I think it's going to be a great concert the end of the month.

Ethan doesn't come tomorrow.. no work for his dad. So I'm going to spend time in the pool by myself and get some more tan. I've never, ever had a tan like this before and I'm enjoying it.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Suzie.. who's going to win the ball game????:thumbup:

3 more days, then 3 off!!! LOL, thinking positive here! Was a super busy day---glad it is behind me!

Michelle, glad your MIL is through the surgery, and can begin treating/dealing with healing.

Hopefully with all the quick attention, and follow up drugs, the memory of hurting so badly immediately after will fade quickly.

Before Rick's heart problems, he would occasionally eat the chocolates like you are talking about Pamela! And he also likes the chocolate covered coffee Beans. Now he avoids all caffeine. He too said he got serious rushes from them!

Speaking of his heart---we go to ALBQ. this next Monday to the cardiologist for his yearly check up. We are going down on Sunday (maybe Sat) and going to the State Fair, and then spending the night, then seeing the Dr., doing some shopping, then head home Monday so we can go to work on Tues.

We are looking forward to the fair. I actually felt bad...but we are selfish about our time doing that together! Becky is going to Amarillo to a family wedding with her DIL's the end of the week. She mentioned maybe we should bring Gary to Albq. with us, then they could meet up there, and we would all do the fair together. I was really ambivalent about it! But her DIL's did not want to go if their DH's weren't there.....so they are just coming home. Rick and I have a routine there---we like looking at the same things, and can sit and watch the Native American dancers for hours. We like the art, and the nature exhibits, not so much the commercial booths etc. It is one thing to hit the smaller county fair with them, because that is what Gary likes, is the commercial exhibits etc. but this is something Rick and I do, have for years.....and prefer it just being us! We always spend a few bucks and squeeze into the photo booth, for the strip of pictures, we have them clipped together chronologically!! Is not nearly as cramped in the booth as is was years ago!! I can actually sit IN his lap for the pic, and not squash and break him!!

Well, I am going to go see what is so rivetting out in the man cave. I keep hearing a bike rev up----sounds like carbuerator work going on---gonna go interupt!!

OMG Michelle, the epidural thing is one of my worst fears.. how horrible, glad she's ok now though.

I can't remember if I told ya'll I read "The Help" this weekend... it's been sitting on my bookshelf, was wishy-washy about it, but needed a book for the road trip. Seriously, best book I've read since Water for Elephants!

I loved it, and I felt so sad finishing it, like I seriously lost some good friends. I was that wrapped up in it. Much to Russ' dismay, all my free time in the hotel room was spent reading the book. He kept trying to get me to put it down, but I just couldn't.

I highly recommend it, if you can't tell.

I ordered Tori Spelling's new book & Kathy Griffin's book.. they're in the mail so they're next on my list.

The Help, that sounds interesting. Glass Castles did not come back from Minnesota or was it Michigan, anyways Kat I am sorry the book is officially lost!!

Michelle I am glad about your mother in law, and I know the next week or so til she feels better and you all get the results of her biopsies will be hard.

Okay off for more soaps!!

Pamela---I have been meaning to ask you a question. Sonic here has a new program going on called Limeades for Learning (www.limadesforlearning.com) it is teachers who are wanting to win different things for their classrooms---laptops---study programs, different things. You get a peel off sticker on all large drinks and each one allows you to vote. Sonic will grant the wishes of the teacher.

Does anyone you know have anything on there? I have submitted a couple of my coupons---but we have tons! The guys order Sonic at Rick's work everyday---so he brings home a dozen a day!

I keep forgetting what I've told ya'll.

Did I tell ya Carson rolled over yesterday??? He's not slow necessarily, but most are rolling over at 4m, so I've been nervous (doc said don't be, but I'm a first time mommy, he needs to be by the book!!).

Anyway my mom put him down on the floor on his belly yesterday and immediately he rolled over. Like it was no effort and he's been doing it forever. It shocked me! So I put him back over, then he struggled and then screamed and cried (didn't do it again).

So this morning with Russ I laid Carson on his belly on our bed, and he flips over quickly. Tried it again, he slowly flipped over.. tried for 3 and he got upset.

He's rolling!

The Help, that sounds interesting. Glass Castles did not come back from Minnesota or was it Michigan, anyways Kat I am sorry the book is officially lost!!

Michelle I am glad about your mother in law, and I know the next week or so til she feels better and you all get the results of her biopsies will be hard.

Okay off for more soaps!!

Not Michigan! I read it a couple of years ago.

I keep forgetting what I've told ya'll.

Did I tell ya Carson rolled over yesterday??? He's not slow necessarily, but most are rolling over at 4m, so I've been nervous (doc said don't be, but I'm a first time mommy, he needs to be by the book!!).

Anyway my mom put him down on the floor on his belly yesterday and immediately he rolled over. Like it was no effort and he's been doing it forever. It shocked me! So I put him back over, then he struggled and then screamed and cried (didn't do it again).

So this morning with Russ I laid Carson on his belly on our bed, and he flips over quickly. Tried it again, he slowly flipped over.. tried for 3 and he got upset.

He's rolling!

Woo hooo.. isn't it fun??!!

Grady is trying to crawl now. He's got it almost down, just has to figure out what to do with the arms. He kinda scoots backwards now. He officially has two teeth and is still not sleeping through the night. I told Kris to call the doc and see if this is normal. I don't remember any of my kids having as much difficulty sleeping as he is having.

Kat,

Honestly, I've never been to Sonic!! So I have no idea what programs they have or anything. We have one about 10 miles away...but in a direction I RARELY go. Just drove by it yesterday coming back from mom's grave. Anyone else know about this?

Laura, UM...didn't I tell Carson he was NOT allowed to get any bigger while I was away??? I will need to have a talk w/ my little man child! (just kidding...YEAH on the rolling...next is the rockin'!)xoxooxox

Judy, enjoy your summer, although it is late, I am glad you are getting it in. Susie and Jenn are closing the pool...and you are getting in!

I am BEYOND pooped! Long day tomorrow as well. After work, then working on Walden, I am going to the City Council meeting. Probably gonna skip the gym Thursday.

I'll post in the am!

xoxoxo

I am going to bed. I love the cherry limeade slushes at sonic. I get one everyone once in awhile, but I try not to get any calories from drinking. I figure I am getting enough from food, why add to it with beverages. Pretty much I am a black coffee and Water person! But YUM!!

One of my moms friends went to one of those "M" states up there, and she told me she gave her the book, but sometimes I don't know if my mom totally remembers things.......But then again I come by it honestly!!

Good night pleasant dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Pamela, I will pick and choose at random on the Sonic thing. I just thought if someone you knew had a wish list....I'd vote my stuff their way!!!

Off to bed. Out of the shower, and just letting my time go by from when I ate, to lay down.....why do I do the snacking thing, when I know better???? Huh??? Anyone???? Someone just smack me please!

Happy 9-9-09!

It is Beatles day! LOL, on Rockband anyway...but they've been all over the news etc! I love the Beatles!!!!

Everyone have a great day! Mine is gonna be long, but I'll pop in when I can. I am logged in at work so it looks like I am on all the time, but really, I only peek in on ya'll from time to time during the day...honest!

I forgot to set the alarm last night. I woke up at 4:15 and thought...cool, another 15 min. Next thing I know it is 5:10 and my opportunity was gone :thumbup:. I am seriously pissed too cause today was my cardio day, and I am soooo sore from yesterday. I am not going tomorrow either because of the meeting tonight...man I will be ready for cardio on Friday!

peaceout

xoxoxoxoxo

Off to work. Might check in late tonight, if I get a chance, but no promises. We have a game tonight, so won't be home til late.

Have a good 09/09/09!! Should make dating my charts easier than having to remember what I am writing!!!