Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Haydee, My niece in Calif. called last week to tell me she got engaged. She bought her dress 3 days after she got her ring and has already booked the reception hall. She isn't even getting married till Sept. I looked up airline tickets but they are not booking that far out. We still need to decide to fly or drive. My Brother said that we could use his car.

Janie, I need one really bad. You would have a fit if you saw my hair.< /span>

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good Tuesday. I am except for this liquid diet thing . . . blahhh. Today is my first day back at work in the office. It is going good. I feel perfectly fine and have adequate energy. The only think is if I sit too long and try to stand, it hurts to straighten up and I want to walk around semi-hunched over.

This is also my first completely non-medicated day. It is strange, I had the hydrocodone Syrup over the weekend for pain . . . and I had a really pleasant weekend. I had a couple of things happen that would have had me riled but it was like . . . ahh, whatever, I don't really care all that much. I have never really been on pain killers before and now I can see completely why people can get addicted. I have decided this past weekend was much to enjoyable for me to refill my prescription if I could get by without it. They are nothing but trouble anyway. It was that one darvocet in the hospital that made me vomit my way into a nasty slip in the first place.

Haydee, don't get too nervous. Most people do perfectly fine. Even my band doctor didn't believe that I was having a problem with the band because I was empty. He said it is exceedingly rare for someone to slip that badly while empty. Perhaps it is worthwhile to start reading the pregancy threads . . . or maybe even post a poll regarding band complications occurring during or immediately after pregnancy. The results will probably be anecdotal and you will probably have some people answer that they are 5 weeks pregnant and never had a complication, lol. It might be interesting to see what people have to say.

LOL a/b 5 weeks preg. with no complications :mad:

Mine happened in January, I remember the moment it happened and everything. I knew something wasn't right, I emailed my doc. They said don't worry, blah blah, when I have Carson they'll check it out. Then they drug their feet, not listening to me using up my free fills, and some reason I paid $75 for a fill this last time even though they said it's leaking. Fluro was MY idea. Now they finally believe me when they get 0 drawback.

Just ready to get this contrast over and know the tube isn't floating around messing up organs, so I can go back to figuring out how to do the sleeve conversion.

I would get some unfill Haydee, when you get preg it sounds like most of us got tight (that was my first indication before I took a test!). My port & tube are in my chest, so he was upside down kicking it a lot. That's probably not a common complication since most people's ports aren't there.

As for slips, I think if you stay unfilled (don't let yourself ever get too tight, if it starts to feel tight, keep going back) to comfort, you can dodge that pretty well.

My gyno also gave me chemo drugs for nausea, something that dissolves under the tongue. if insurance didn't cover it, they're 1k for a month supply, so I gotta believe they're good lol. I never did have nausea, but stock up.

Well, doing good so far today. I went for a walk this morning. Did a bunch of stuff out back. Made up sandwich stuff for Hubby and now getting ready to go take a shower and get ready for work.

For Breakfast I had.

1 scramb. egg with cheese on 1 pc of toast.

Lunch. 1 cup of progresso veg. Soup with chicken cut up in it and some crackers.

I'm gonna work on my Water at work tonight.

Thanks girls. I'm also gonna start lurking the preggo thread too. But I'm happy that at least my port and tubing are off the my left side and not right in my chest like Laura's are. And yes, maybe to be on the safe side get a complete unfill.

WOW, Suzie. She already got her dress?? I've heard of brides that do that, get their dress ASAP. But then new styles come out or you see something different and you end up changing your mind. I'm not giving myself enough time to change my mind. I'm buying mine 4 months before hand. Just enough time to get it in and make alterations if need be...

Heather, good to see you made it back to work. Hopefully things will start looking up for you. I also agree about the drugs, no wonder people get addicted. I myself do see me functioning like that. How's Ayla doing. Did the shirt I sent fit her?

Laura, did you see the post about the electronic sound emitters I posted? Might be worth tryng. Let me know what you think.

I did Suzie, I meant to say I am going to look into it. Doesn't bother normal animals though? Dog & Cats?

And I had to agree, my cats are worthless with that lol. Even BUGS, they can't kill bugs for me. Russ keeps saying they aren't earning their keep.

So far it doesn't seem to bother any of the animals. We've had them plugged in for years. The one bug it doesn't seem to work on is flies. Not sure anything but a flyswatter works on them Our cats actually find the bugs and then come and get us to do something about it. They point them out to us. Even outside. They will sit there and cry till we come and see what is going on. They will be sitting there with a secada or caterpiller to we remove it. Too funny.

Anyone catch the president's speech? Regardless of your politics, it was very nicely done...and the students (at least in my class) liked it. One kid said, "I feel like I know him better cause this was just for kids!"

I ate a choc. piece of candy with a FULL SHOT OF EXPRESSO in it from Italy. Now I feel wired, weird, jittery and am just waiting for it to go away! YUCK!

Musta been a big chocolate... YUM.

I watched the speech on youtube. Didn't see why people were all offended by him speaking.

Well I am home now, since nobody wanted a haircut!!

I am going to catch up on my soap that I am three weeks behind on!!

Just want to update everyone on my MIL. She was in surgery for 6+ hours & was in recovery when DH called. Everything went fine with the surgery, they removed the lower lobe of her lung. She had trouble waking up in recovery, and when she did finally wake up, the epidural didn't work & she was in excruciating pain until they fixed it. That just upsets me so much! But supposedly now she is resting comfortably, and they'll move her up to her room soon. The lymph node section they took first thing showed no additional cancer, but when he was in there, the surgeon took out additional lymph nodes that looked "suspicious" to him... they'll get the results back in about a week.

DH sounded tired & upset... it is so hard to see your parent sick and in pain... & it is hard to transition the lifelong roles of care giver and receiver... but he is doing a great job and I am proud of him. (He has a brother, who is hiding out from all this "reality". Not a surprise, but a disappointment.)

Thank you so much for your good thoughts & prayers for her.