Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it ever happens to me

If I have to get my band out ever, if I eat on my small plate and exercise as much as possible should I beable to lose weight still? Would I get back to normal quicker? And I had nausea more than I ever had since being banded would that go away, I'd be much happier. So how did you guys feel after getting it removed? If I do get mine removed, I DONT want any other surgery. Did you guys find a plan to lose the rest of your weight? Reason why I'm asking is because I have a feeling I might be alergic to my band and I have a feeling it might be what's causing my nasty nausea. I have a rash/alot of hives near my incissions near the biggest incission, the hole on the right and the hole on my chest, it's very very itchy I always wake up in the middle of the night and the first thing I got to do is itch. Sometimes my band is crampy and maybe that's why I wake up. When I get up from laying down or even sitting, I get dizzy, sometimes when standing I get dizzy. Anyways, how long is recovery after removal? Is it faster than getting it? Hopefully I won't have to, but just answer, thanks (:

Erin you seem to be struggling a lot either with having the band or possibly the knowledge that you have the band.You seem to be convinced that either something is seriously wrong or that something is going to go wrong.

I think you need to make an appointment with your surgeon urgently to check that everything is OK and put your mind at rest. Once you have seen him/her then perhaps you need to find a counsellor that you can talk to about your concerns. Or alternatively is there a support group with other people that have been banded that you can go to? Meeting other bandsters in person is a great help.

I am concerned that you are very young and either you weren't fully prepared or you don't have the support systems that you require.

Hope you are OK and that you can sort things out so that you can relax.

Good luck.

I agree with Elcee. Is your doctor supportive to reassure you that everything is working correctly? I think that maybe you should talk to someone to go over your concerns. I know that it has only been a short time since surgery for you, so to think that you wanting it removed already may be a bit premature. I will be thinking of you.

Frankly, I agree with elcee. We're always glad to answer questions and offer suggestions but I think you're at a point with your questions that you need to talk with your surgeon. Make a written list of every last little question you can think of so you don't forget anything. Get answers!

As for the itching, etc., has anybody at your doctor's office LOOKED AT YOUR INCISIONS? I mean, there could be an allergy to adhesives, an infection .... And that goes back to TALKING TO THE DOCTOR.

Let us know the outcome!

I saw my surgeron yesturday, he said he didn't know what was causing the rash/hives and he didn't know why I still had nausea, just told me to take my nausea meds as needed, he wasn't concerned that anything was wrong. He said that my stomach can just be sensitive to the band and will get use to it. He wanted me to get bloodwork yesturday to check my protine level I think and a few other things and he wants to see me every 2 weeks