Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is wrong with me???

OK I am finally gotten to the point that I am sick and tired of this reflux. It is not like anything that anyone discribes - it has a mind of it's own.

I was at 1.00 cc's as of this morning but am at 0 now. I eat and drink fine all day long not one iota of reflux but the minute I am in a deep sleep and around 2am I can literally feel my stomach lurch and up comes that foul liquid into my throat. I run to the bathroom spit or vomit it up and then have to use my inhaler cause my lungs are having trouble with the air intake. I have seen my band doc who says it cannot be band related might be run off from the sinus. I have seen the ENT Doc who says it cannot be sinus drainage and has to be band related. I have been on Nexium for the past month and 3 to 4 nights per week this is going on. I have had it. On Thursday I go for a Barium Swallow to rule out slip or prolapse. Also will have another H-Pylori test right before. I just do not know what else to do. I have gotten to the point I am trying to sleep upright but the minute I let my guard down here comes the crap up my throat. It has no color it is clear and it actually looks like snot to tell you all the truth. Never ever any food particles in there. Now I am on previcid again. I hope that my band is ok But we will see.

Sorry that I have not been around much but very busy here at work and home.

Sorry so long

(((hugs)))

Nothing is worse than sleep deprivation for making you feel generally crappy. Sorry!! I hope that your tests help pinpoint the problem...

But, if you have the problem again - maybe you could cough it up into a zip loc baggie and take it with you to the ENT doc. If it looks like snot, it probably IS runoff from your sinuses... If you took in a sample, maybe they could know for sure.

(((Hugs))) I hope you feel better soon and can get some sleep.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with this..lets hope that the test will show something and you get answers.

(((HUGS)))

Oh this sounds so miserable. I don't understand it exactly, but my surgeon said that this surgery would CURE my acid reflux. Since the surgery I haven't had to take any meds and have been fine. I was originally sent to this surgeon's office for surgery for the reflux. When I went in, he said "I can just do the regular surgery on you for the reflux or I can do the Lap Band and help you lose the reflux, your extra one hundred pounds, and all of your health problems related to your obesity."

I don't understand this, does anyone else? Why would the Lap Band help my reflux and others are reporting that all of a sudden they are suffering from it?

You know Jack the thought crossed my mind that maybe I was out of whack. But then again I thought just could not be. I am going to call the Chiro tomorrow. All that goes through my mind is how much more am I going to pay.

ReneBean - LOL you know that is exactly what I am going to do. The visual is all they need..