Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 days post op and getting upset

I know I 'm not going to lose all the weight over night, but I never thought that 14 days after surgery I wold start gaining weight. At week 1 I had lost 11lbs. Now I have gained 6lbs back. I am not doing anything different. I am actually always hungery but don't eat except when I am suppose to.

I don't get my first fill until Sept.28th.

Has anybody else had this happen?:blushing:

Gaining weight within the first 6 to 8 weeks after surgery is not uncommon. The first 6 weeks or so are for healing so not loosing during them is totaly understandable. Your body has been pumped with gas, fluids and all kinds of drugs. Once that clears out and the swelling goes down you will start on the losing path. Try to hang in there.

Are you drinking all the water/fluids your Dr. wants you to? I seem to loose more when I drink the 64 oz they want me to have each day.

I was told that I would lose between 10- 25lbs the 1st month.

I drink probably over 64 oz a day. One of my meds gives me dry mouth so I am always drinking.

Thanks for the info.

weight.png

Edited by cowmommy3

I was told that I would lose between 10- 25lbs the 1st month.

I drink probably over 64 oz a day. One of my meds gives me dry mouth so I am always drinking.

Thanks for the info.

weight.png

The real reason many people lose that much during the first month is from the pre-op diet and post ope diet. Counting the two weeks on shakes before and two weeks after, I lost about 23 pounds. But when i started mushies I gained about 5 back. It took me to the end of the first month post op to lose that back. Now, 5 weeks after my first fill (and scheduled tomorrow for the 2nd one) I have lost 35 pounds. It just takes time for your body to get over the surgery.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to you, also.

sounds Like you are doing great.:blushing:

Don't worry! This is the time you have to be strong! I am just going through the beginning stages right now -- I haven't had my surgery yet, but i've talked to a lot of people. The time before your first fill is the time you have to use whatever will power you have to get through. If you can get through this, you will be unstoppable!!!

Thank you for the support. Good luck in your process.

Cowmommy,

Don't worry, it is a process that can not always be measured in pounds. It took me 14 months to lose 26 pounds I thought for sure I was a complete failure.

But with the exception of the scale, I am doing fantastic. I have never looked or felt better. Trust me your fine, eat and try to make better choices, exercise and enjoy your new life.

It was hard for me to understand weight because I thought the scale was the measurer or success. Now that I measure it for myself I am a superstar!

You'll do fine, don't worry...look at all those who have come before you, look at the success and the failures and simply decide which group you want to be in.

Good luck, this is a great journey.

Lana