Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharing Food Log

Hi everyone...

Today

B: half a meatball

L: just enough chicken salad for 3 club crackers and 3 pieces of diced peaches

D: a big mac- I took the patties off the bread and then I ate about a third of it and 2 french fries

Have been craving that big mac. It was yummy. Next time I think I will just make a tiny bit of ground beef and put some thousand island dressing in it. That would probably do the trick too.

Hi everyone!

Been sooooooooo busy! Plus the boys are STILL sick! ugh

Wednesday

B: usual shake

L: chicken salad on 3 ritz crackers, diced peaches

D: stuffing, chicken, gravy mixture, mashed sweet potato. I think for the first time I over-ate. It was only about a cup of food altogether but it was filling. I wasn't paying attention. I didn't finish it all but I felt uncomfortable for about two hours.

Thursday

B: usual shake

L: half a meatball

D: half a slice of pizza

It was a weird day. I went to work at my usual 7am but I left at 1030am. I came home and made 100 cupcakes. Then I had to go back to work. I worked 4-8p so I ate my pizza there kind of on the run. I made the cupcakes for work. They smelled delicious and everyone said they were good but I really didn't even want one. I did lick the frosting while I was frosting them. :sad:

Hi everyone... happy halloween!

Friday

B: shake

L: I don't remember

D: half slice of meatloaf with about 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes and 4 carrots

Today

B: chocolate Protein shake with 1 tablespoon nutella

L: nachos with cheese, Beans, ground beef and salsa- maybe about 10 chips total

D: half a meatball

extras: had a grande iced caramel macchiato

Hope everyone just stays away from the halloween candy! Or if you make the conscious decision to have a piece, have it with your meal, enjoy it and move on! No mindless snacking! :Yawn:

Hi Lisa,

I have not been banded yet, but thank you for taking the time to post your logs. This gives me an idea of what types of food I will be able to eat and about how much. Do you generally feel full or satisfied after eating? It seems like you are barely eating anything at all. My decision to get the band is because I can't seem to get satisfied after eating, unless I eat HUGE amounts :scared2:. This is why I need the Lap Band now. I know that posting my logs will help keep me on track too. I probably won't be banded for at least another month but please keep posting. Thanks-Val

Hi!

I think the amazing thing about gastric banding is how it varies from person to person. What I can eat, other people can't. As to how much I eat, well at first, I was SO SCARED I was going to screw something up so I ate the tiniest bit of food... took ridiculously tiny bites. But I discovered just how little food I truly needed. I think it was then I learned what 'satisfied' means as opposed to 'full'. I also had to learn what actual hunger felt like as opposed to just wanting food.

For me, this journey has been all emotional. The food and eating part has been easy for me. Dealing with my mind has been much harder. This has made me dig deep and deal with the real reason I ate. Eating was easier than dealing with emotions. It's a learning process.

The one thing I am happiest about in this journey is I have gained hope. I can see myself getting to goal where I never had that before. Losing weight was so daunting, I couldn't see the end. So even if I have a day where I don't eat very well, it's ok. It is just one day in the journey. I just need to keep moving forward and not look back.

Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear about your success!

Hi everyone... I can't believe I haven't posted in like 4 days! The first two were ok... same ole stuff. These last two days I have been VERY busy and out of my normal routine. I have been snacking non-stop! It's awful. A bite here.. a bite there. Half a cookie here, a bite of snickers there... even normal food I have just been snacking on, not really eating when I am supposed to.

UGH!!!!

Ok. Time to regroup. Just a minor speed bump and I WILL get back on track.

Busy day tomorrow. I am meeting a few former coworkers for coffee (at a BAKERY!) and I have some errands to run AND I need to try to get my dog into the vet... she is peeing all over the house... something is definately wrong!

Anyway... just going to move forward, really no other direction to follow, right? :thumbup:

Well, ok. I didn't eat well today. But, I did NOT snack.. so that is something!

B: iced mocha latte -smallest one they had

L: cup of fire roasted Tomato Soup and half a Peanut Butter cookie

D: half a meatball and half a parmesan crisp

It was a VERY poorly planned day. I kind of ate crappy but at least it was meals.. not snacking.

AND... I bought a size 14 jeans today because they were only $15 at costco and figured I could just hold onto them until I could get into them. Well... I got home AND THEY FIT!!! I can even breathe in them! WOOT! Very exciting for me! :)

Hi Lisa!

I love reading your food log here. Congrats on the size 14 jeans. You are doing a great job. Keep up the great work!

Becky <><

Hi everyone... Feeling very stressed. Work problems. I am probably going to be on strike this time next week. I hate the uncertainty. It is scary. I am trying to be vigilant and not 'eat the stress'

Today-

B: iced caramel macchiato from starbucks

L: sliver of meatloaf, little bit of stuffing (the stuffing was a problem... threw the rest away today!)

D: half a meatball

snacked today while I cooked but only on veggies

Cooked a boatload today. Made a fresh delicious batch of meatballs, chicken salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes with apples, chili, and grilled 5 chicken breasts just to have for the family to grab.

I did all this in addition to cleaning my house from top to bottom, steaming all the carpets, cleaning out my garage (including loading the car full and taking for donation) and doing all the laundry.

Just nervous energy, I guess, because now I feel like I am going to fall over from exhaustion!

Tomorrow I am going to do better with WATER!

Hi everyone.... getting a grip.. starting tomorrow!

It has been a VERY long, stressful week. Between my work situation (which thankfully appears to be settled), my husband had a change of location and hours at his job and everything else. I am going to put it behind me and move on.

I snacked WAY too much the last few days. The scale is holding steady so I am grateful for that. But I need to get my head in the game here.... I have come to far to slide now.

Today-

B: didn't eat until 10am had a third of a turkey burger with BBQ Sauce and cheese and about a quarter cup of mashed sweet potatoes

L: 2 wheat thin flatbread tuscan herb with chicken salad on them

D: 1 slice thin crust cheese pizza, 6 m&m's.

Hi everyone...

TOM arrived today. I got on the scale even though I was feeling bloated and yucky and it was 185.0! That was my Turkey Day goal. I am claiming victory! WOOT!!!

Kind of skipped Breakfast. I just got busy. I was getting hungry and looked at the clock and it was 10am. So I had lunch instead.

lunch at 10am: third of a turkey burger with BBQ Sauce and cheese, quarter cup mashed sweet potatoes and a quarter cup of ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery

Dinner: half cup of homemade taco salad with 4 tortilla chips and a quarter cup ice cream.

I got The Ugly Truth from netflix today so I am going to go plop myself on my chair with a delicious bottle of Water and watch it! :thumbup: