Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharing Food Log

Hi everyone...

Forgot to post yesterday.

Friday-

B: Protein shake with pb

L: starbucks tall chai latte

D: made 3 coconut shrimp but didn't like them so I picked at them and ended up throwing them away

Today-

B: vanilla Protein Shake with frozen strawberries and banana

L: bites of everything I cooked today! :tongue2: Made meatloaf, meatballs, chicken salad, ham salad, broccoli salad. And a handful of doritos (smoky cheddar bbq flavor)

D: half a slice of meatloaf, 2 tablespoons of broccoli salad and 1 baby carrot.

I just grazed all afternoon while I cooked. NOT GOOD! But, at least now I have lots of good food for the week. Just going to leave this bad week behind me and move forward.

If the scale doesn't move this week, I will accept that. :(

Hi everyone...

Today-

B: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shake

L: half a meatball with parmesan crisp

S: 5 doritos, 8 coconut cashews

D: half a meatball with parmesan crisp

Having a really hard time emotionally right now. Not sure if it is because work is especially stressful right now or if it is because I am at the weight I always get stuck on. I think it may just be messing with my head a little.

I am expecting a gain when I weigh in tomorrow. It is what it is. I am just going to try to disconnect from it emotionally. It is just food... it only has the power that I give it.

There is a HUGE thread like this already under food & Nutrition........go check it out.....

Hi friends,

I actually went to the gym today!!! :(

Had a good workout. That stupid elliptical always kicks my butt. Also did the hip abductor and hip adductor. Whew... do I need that! Anyway, just proud of myself for actually doing a workout!

Today-

B: Protein shake with pb and banana

L: a third cup of chicken salad and 3 club crackers

D: half a meatball, zucchini ribbons and a parmesan crisp

Good day today! Feel good!

Hiya ladies....

Today-

B: shake with pb and banana

L: about a third cup of chicken salad with 2 club crackers and two bites of diced peaches

D: a small slice of meatloaf, about a third cup of mashed potatoes and 2 bites of cauliflower

Exercise- glider for 30 minutes :)

Water- still working on it!

Hello everyone...

Had a really bad food weekend. I was feeling bad about it but the fact is, it will happen. I just need to deal and move on. Today is my boys' 9th birthday. We had their party at Peter Piper pizza yesterday.

So here it is...

Saturday:

B: half a meatball

L: 2 squares of thin crust pizza (cheese), 1 inch square of birthday cake and half a scoop of ice cream

D: half a meatball

Sunday (today)

B: starbucks tall iced caramel macchiato

L: lean cuisine roasted turkey- ate half

D: half a slice meatloaf, quarter cup mashed sweet potatoes, 1 inch square birthday cake

water- not nearly enough either day!

I am missing my chocolate Protein powder. I can't wait until my order gets here on Thursday!!!!

Hi Petunia!

The simple answer to your question is yes and no. Am I stuffed 'full' with what I eat? No. Am I satisfied? Yes. I haven't had a fill yet but I think I have some decent restriction because certain foods I am actually 'full' with a half cup. It's odd... it varies. I would say I can definately not eat more than a full cup of food at a time.

Keep in mind, too, I try to follow my band rules from my doctor. I am supposed to stop eating after 20 minutes. I have kind of stretched it to 30 because I am super cautious and eat really slow so at the beginning I wasn't even able to eat a third cup of chicken salad in 20 minutes.

Oh, and about my meatballs.... I make them myself and they are very big! I would say they are about the size of a raquetball! Half a meatball mashed up with sauce is about half a cup. :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I didn't post yesterday because we spent the night in the ER. My son swallowed a screw at school!!!! He is fine.. no jagged edges or points so it will pass. Geeze!!!!

Anyway,

B: vanilla Protein shake with 3 strawberries

L: third cup chicken salad with 8 pita chips

Ok, I had dinner at 1am. We stopped at Jack in Box on the way home from the hospital because we had not eaten dinner. I hadn't eaten since 11:30 in the morning! Everyone was starving.

So I had-

D: JITB steak and egg burrito. I ate the insides of half of the burrito. I didn't quite finish the half but I also had two of the mini churros.

It was good. I had to force myself to eat slowly because I was truly 'out of control hungry'.

Hi Petunia!

The simple answer to your question is yes and no. Am I stuffed 'full' with what I eat? No. Am I satisfied? Yes. I haven't had a fill yet but I think I have some decent restriction because certain foods I am actually 'full' with a half cup. It's odd... it varies. I would say I can definately not eat more than a full cup of food at a time.

Keep in mind, too, I try to follow my band rules from my doctor. I am supposed to stop eating after 20 minutes. I have kind of stretched it to 30 because I am super cautious and eat really slow so at the beginning I wasn't even able to eat a third cup of chicken salad in 20 minutes.

Oh, and about my meatballs.... I make them myself and they are very big! I would say they are about the size of a raquetball! Half a meatball mashed up with sauce is about half a cup. :)

Hi Lisa!

I hope your son is feeling ok! Could you please share your recipe for the meatballs you make? Thanks so much!

God bless!

Becky <><

Hi Becky!

Sure, I would be happy to!

I make a large batch so you could scale this down. I typically mix ground pork and ground beef. If you mix them, I use more lean ground beef. If I just use ground beef, I will use less lean (like about 85%)

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork

2 eggs

bread crumbs- I don't measure so maybe a cup?

salt and pepper to taste

4 cloves of garlic, minced

half an onion, diced finely

fresh italian parsley, finely chopped

1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins (weird, I know.. trust me!)

Sauce:

2 cans Hunt's Four cheese Spaghetti sauce

1 can petite diced tomatoes

1 can Tomato paste

First I make the sauce and set it to low. I also add about a tablespoon of sugar.

Mix all the rest of the ingredients well with your hands and form balls about the size of a racquetball. Drop them into the sauce. I turn up the sauce to bring it to a boil and then turn it back down. I let it simmer for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.

To serve, I will cut it in half and then serve with a little extra sauce and fresh parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

While I am at it, I will post my chicken salad recipe. It is the other thing I eat all the time! I make a large batch and eat it for about a week.

2 rotisserie chickens

half an apple- I use gala

pecan dust

mayo

vanilla yogurt

splash of milk

celery salt

Strip the chicken off of the 2 rotisserie chickens. I use the food processor and chop it up. I move the chicken to the bowl I am going to store it in. Then I process half an apple into tiny bits and add to chicken. Then I put a 50/50 ratio of mayo and vanilla yogurt in the food processor along with a splash of milk, celery salt and blend. I pour that over the chicken and mix well. I keep a container of ground up pecans in the fridge at all times. I basically put them in the food processor until they are dust. For a batch this size, I would use about a quarter cup of pecan dust and mix well. For best flavor, let sit overnight!

YUM!