Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm new here and very frustrated,

Hi My name is Marie

I was banded 3 1/2 years ago. I was doing just wonderful. Lost 90 pounds up until last November. I made the mistake of telling my doctor I had a little acid reflux. Well you think what I said. Instead of just giving me medication for the acid reflux he sent me for tests, and the day before Thanksgiving he tells me he is taking the Fluid out. I wanted to die. He said to come back in six weeks and I will probably put it back if everything looks ok. So I went to radiology so they could check things out again and everything looked good. When I went back the doc was gone. He got another position in another hospital and I was left with a staff that I think really wants nothing to do with these surgeries. They refuse to put me back to where I was 2.50 cc. There is always an excuse. the last time I went i was at 1.8 by the time they got done i was down to 1.6 I have no restriction!!! I was a poster child for this surgery. I had no problems what so ever. I continously and slowly lost weight. I have put on 30 pounds and i am getting depressed. My knees are starting to bother me again. I am at my wits end, I started to look on line for a new place to go for post op care. I emailed a couple of docs and waiting to hear if they will take me on as a patient. Any suggestions out there?? I am in Staten Island,

Marie

Hi Marie. I don't have much useful advice for you, since I'm a wee bit south of where you are.......but I just wanted to say "That sucks!".

You might have a little better luck looking for a doc if you go to the "Doctors and Hospitals" section here on the main page. It breaks down docs and hospitals by geographical location. Good luck!

You know what i'm not sure if you have a hmo or ppo but if u have a ppo find another Dr. now!! That is insane there is no way they can do that to you, or should i say they shouldnt do that to you..you have come to far to pick the weight back up.. They really need to be more aggressive with the fills at this point you know what a restriction feels like!!

ok, I know NJ is kind of a hike, but doable once a month. I go to Dr. Ewing in Paramus, NJ. The office is great and they do aggressive fills if you can tolerate it ever 4 weeks. Hope that helps. After all, it's your money, they should do what you ask, right?

Hi My name is Marie

I am at my wits end, I started to look on line for a new place to go for post op care. I emailed a couple of docs and waiting to hear if they will take me on as a patient. Any suggestions out there?? I am in Staten Island,

Marie

Marie that really sucks. What I would do is if you have a lap-band go to their official site and search for a doctor like you are going to have the surgery again and then pick a doctor that takes you insurance and call that office and tell them what is going on.

If you have the realize band I would go to their site and do the same thing.

I really wish you the best of luck. That really sucks what you are going through. I do believe your initial Doctor did the right thing as I have been told by my Doctor's staff that once banded we should have NO acid reflux and if I do have any that there is something wrong.

If you lived down by me in Florida I would tell you a great doctor to go to.

Also meant to ask is it possible to go to where you doctor now is or is it to far away?

Hope it all works out for you!

Cortney

Hey Melliecat Dr. Ewing was my surgeon too! Glad to see someone on here so close to home.

He was wonderful and I am very happy with the whole process so far. I go for my second fill on the 14th.

G'ma