Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK i do 45 mins on the elliptical and 25 mins on the wii active 30 day challenge seven days a week. I eat only two times a day, not alot my cal intake is around 600 to 800 a day. and i drink unsweet Decaf tea and Water. thats it nothing. Can anyone tell me WHY am I gaining weight instead of losing weight. I know I am not getting the right amount of Protein in but surly that cant be the problem could it. I am doing everything my doctor say except for that. I called Friday and told the nurse I am having trouble getting in the protein and she told me to do the Protein Shots. My next appt is Sept 10th but I can always get another one before then if need. I have only had one small fill ( my Dr will not tell u how much he puts except for it was a very little amount). Any ideas on what I can do to get this weight to start moving.

I am having the same trouble. You are exercising and your body needs fuel. You need to be eating closer to the 1000-1200 calorie range. It is hard to get it all in!

Make sure you are getting three meals - I am working hard on that right now. I am typically a Breakfast skipper, so I am trying to get in some Protein in the morning, even if it is a shake.

Hope this helps - I am right there with you!

When I had this problem my dr told me I was not eating enough! I believe this is the first time in my life I've been told that :blink:. Anyway, my dr requires that I get at least 60 grams of Protein per day, if not you are not getting enough nutrients; I think some drs require more. If you are not feeding your body, it goes into the same old starvation mode as with any other diet. I don't understand why your dr doesn't tell you the amount of your fill, after all it is Your fill! Anyway, if he hasn't told you how much protein you need per day, call and ask, maybe he'll let you in on that top secret :wub:.

YES, not getting enough Protein, along with not eating enough calories is a BAD BAD BAD combination!

You MUST get your Protein first. That is the first and foresmost rule for WLS patients. Rule #2 is eating 3 balanced meals a day.

It sounds like your body is in starvation mode and you will not lose weight until you start eating.

I eat a whole grain Breakfast w/20g of protein; 30-40 grams of protein for lunch and 30g protein w/veggies for dinner. I walk 2 miles a day AND a 1hr workout almost daily. I've lost about 2-3lbs a week for the last 2 weeks since I made a conscious decision to eat breakfast (very bad at this) and eating balanced meals the rest of the day.

GET YOUR PROTEIN!!!:)

YES, not getting enough Protein, along with not eating enough calories is a BAD BAD BAD combination!

You MUST get your Protein first. That is the first and foresmost rule for WLS patients. Rule #2 is eating 3 balanced meals a day.

It sounds like your body is in starvation mode and you will not lose weight until you start eating.

I eat a whole grain breakfast w/20g of protein; 30-40 grams of protein for lunch and 30g protein w/veggies for dinner. I walk 2 miles a day AND a 1hr workout almost daily. I've lost about 2-3lbs a week for the last 2 weeks since I made a conscious decision to eat breakfast (very bad at this) and eating balanced meals the rest of the day.

GET YOUR PROTEIN!!!:)

Colorado,

Exactly right! Just for ideas, what type of whole grain breakfast with 20g protein do you eat?And while I'm asking, would you also give me an example of what you eat for lunch and dinner. I think that would help other bandsters too. What to eat is always an ongoing question. Thanks.

Yes, your body is searching for a Protein source and will try to "save" itself by shutting down your metabolism to conserve. You have plenty of stored carbs (in the form of excess weight) to draw from once you get enough protein. Your body can't produce its own protein, you need to eat.

Eating 800 or less calories is putting your body in starvation mode. Then your excercising for a long intense period of time so your body will not loose weight. It will hold onto what you have and also gain to protect itself. You have to get more Protein and you'll do well.

Colorado,

Exactly right! Just for ideas, what type of whole grain breakfast with 20g Protein do you eat?And while I'm asking, would you also give me an example of what you eat for lunch and dinner. I think that would help other bandsters too. What to eat is always an ongoing question. Thanks.

My breakfasts usually consist of a bowl of shredded wheat with bananas and light soy milk. Which I follow-up with a Muscle Milk while driving to work. Actually the total Protein is around 26g which gives me a good head start for the day.

I always try to "trick" my body, so I will have scrambled eggs with ham sometimes or some FiberOne Cereal.

I usually have a Nutrisystem "3 cheese Pasta with chicken" meal for lunch which has 22g of protein which I love. It's easy and delicious (I got these at Big Lots for $1 a piece, they are the "old" Nutrisystem line..Nutrisystem "nourish") and one serving of fruit, usually an apple or a banana. I follow this up with like 1/4 of a Protein Bar mid-afternoon (2 hrs later)

For dinner I try usually eat chicken breast in some form with broccoli. My favorite way to prepare it, which I use in many, many different ways is this. I take boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks, season generously with garlic salt, and put in a glass baking sheet. I then take a can of LaVictoria "Green chile enchilada sauce" and mix it all together. I then cook it at 275 for about 1.5 hours. I take it out, and shred it with 2 forks, mix it up again, and put it back in the oven for another hour or so. It makes it incredibly tender and delicious.

I use that chicken for tacos (family favorite), "tortilla free" enchiladas (with lettuce, tomatoes, ff sour cream), sandwiches (with the Earth Grains sandwich slices-yum), plain with pinto Beans, and more.

I don't eat fish and rarely eat red meat, so it's usually chicken. I also try to get broccoli in my diet daily in some form, so we eat the chicken/broccoli casserole a lot. Chicken breasts, low-fat cream of mushroom Soup, soy milk, cheese and brown rice.

Hope that helps!

thanks everyone. I will make it a point to get that Protein in. here is todays list morning muscle milk light 15 grams of protein 100 cals, lunch tuna packed in Water with a little light mayo 11 grams protein with about five crackers. mid afternoon protein shot with 26 grams of protein. dinner is tilapia with steam broccoli and carrots. now i am not sure how the cal intake is it still does not seem that high. but the protein is in the range. i know I need to work on the breakfast. I have a hard time eating in the morning. Should I get a protein shack that has more cals in it?

What is Muscle Milk and where do you buy it?

What is Muscle Milk and where do you buy it?

Muscle milk is a brand of Protein shakes. you can purchase them from wal- mart and Kroger pre made. or I also know that Valium world and GNC sells the powered. It comes in light or reg. I have found this to be one of the only Protein shake I like to drink. There are all kinds of different flavors.

Heres a link Muscle Milk

I just bought the Muscle Milke Light and it has 25g of Protein in a serving. I got the powered kind at GNC.< /p>

Muscle milk is a brand of Protein shakes. you can purchase them from wal- mart and Kroger pre made. or I also know that Valium world and GNC sells the powered. It comes in light or reg. I have found this to be one of the only Protein shake I like to drink. There are all kinds of different flavors.

Heres a link Muscle Milk

I think you meant Vitamin World.. :frown: Muscle Milk is probably one of the only shakes I like to drink as well. The powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury isn't bad, but I like the convenience of the ready to drink.

FYI.. costco has a $6/off coupon through September 6th if you are a member for a case of Muscle Milk in chocolate. I like ColoradoBanding's suggestion of having one on the way to work every morning. Probably a good idea to have one on the way home too:rolleyes2:. I think I will start that myself.

ha ha ha ha I just saw that.. maybe thats where I need to be right now with stressing over not losing any weight.. and my DR when you ask him a question he always goes why do you think you need that or what do you think that way. Like I am the Dr and not him.. come on if i know I wouldn't be asking. anyway i guess spell check only works if you misspell not miss us..

My breakfasts usually consist of a bowl of shredded wheat with bananas and light soy milk. Which I follow-up with a Muscle Milk while driving to work. Actually the total Protein is around 26g which gives me a good head start for the day.

I always try to "trick" my body, so I will have scrambled eggs with ham sometimes or some FiberOne Cereal.

I usually have a Nutrisystem "3 cheese Pasta with chicken" meal for lunch which has 22g of Protein which I love. It's easy and delicious (I got these at Big Lots for $1 a piece, they are the "old" Nutrisystem line..Nutrisystem "nourish") and one serving of fruit, usually an apple or a banana. I follow this up with like 1/4 of a Protein Bar mid-afternoon (2 hrs later)

For dinner I try usually eat chicken breast in some form with broccoli. My favorite way to prepare it, which I use in many, many different ways is this. I take boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks, season generously with garlic salt, and put in a glass baking sheet. I then take a can of LaVictoria "Green chile enchilada sauce" and mix it all together. I then cook it at 275 for about 1.5 hours. I take it out, and shred it with 2 forks, mix it up again, and put it back in the oven for another hour or so. It makes it incredibly tender and delicious.

I use that chicken for tacos (family favorite), "tortilla free" enchiladas (with lettuce, tomatoes, ff sour cream), sandwiches (with the Earth Grains sandwich slices-yum), plain with pinto Beans, and more.

I don't eat fish and rarely eat red meat, so it's usually chicken. I also try to get broccoli in my diet daily in some form, so we eat the chicken/broccoli casserole a lot. Chicken breasts, low-fat cream of mushroom Soup, soy milk, cheese and brown rice.

Hope that helps!

coloradobanding,

Yes, that does help! Thanks. I'm going to cut and paste your ideas in my word doc. so I can refer back to it when I get stuck in the same 'ol, same 'ol:thumbup: