Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so excited - just had to post!

I am on day 6 of the 2 week required pre-op diet. I've lost 7.2lb in the first 5 days!!! I hope it continues this way.... it's awesome! I feel better and more energetic already in spite of the 1200 calories a day :wub:

The first couple of days were really tough but its pretty much smooth sailing right now. The only thing thats a drag is that I'm craving salt! I'm on Protein shakes/bars all day (very sweet) then a low cal meal for dinner. Im not a really big salt fan but I'm craving it now - go figure!

I know the feeling...

If you can have broth, made from bouillon cubes that will help the salt craving.

The beef has no calories, but a ton of sodium. I Water it down a bit more though to help it out. 1 cube for 2 cups of Water vs 1 cup.

The chicken has 5 calories, again I water it down with 1 cube and 2 cups of water.

They don't have anything else in them but sodium and they help my salt need a ton.

WTG on your weight loss so far. I love the feeling of losing weight so easily right now and can't wait to be banded on the 4th.

I've lost 5 lbs in 2 days of doing Clear liquids only...of course, that is the exact same 5 lbs I lost earlier in the month, then regained. That is why I am getting this band tomorrow!

Great job on your pre-op losses!:)

Congrats, can't wait to start my preaop diet.....nervous, but I'm so motivated. WTG :-)

What are some really good Protein Drinks? I'm really not a milk drinker and some of them smell so sweet it makes me gag! I'm a Pedi nurse and the smell reminds me of the chronic patients that had to have tube feedings. My surgery is 9/22/09, I need to find something quick.

so i need ideas, can you give me an example of what you had for liquid diet. i am sick of Protein shakes, i have surgery one month from tomorrow and i am worried that i wont loose the weight

event.png

Edited by lindac80

I find that a lot of them are too sweet too... no chocolate or vanilla for me.... but I do like the coffee flavored Protein drinks, both by Slimfast and Atkins. Also, I believe Atkins has a dark chocolate drink that takes a little of the sweetness out.

so i need ideas, can you give me an example of what you had for liquid diet. i am sick of Protein shakes, i have surgery one month from tomorrow and i am worried that i wont loose the weight

QUOTE]

Hi Linda,

I am on 5 Slimfast items/day (shakes or bars) and then one regular meal at night consisting of basically 5oz lean meat/fish/chicken and 2 cups of non-starchy veg. Good luck with your diet - I'm also enjoying the rapid weightloss the pre-op diet offers - it's great and keeps me motivated!! My surgery is scheduled for September 10th :).

I tried a couple of the other types of Protein drinks and they were awful. I'm sticking with Carnation Instant Breakfast Lite pre mixed. It's like drinking chocolate milk for breakfast! Yum!

I started Tues., today is Saturday. I breezed through the first few days. Today was sooooo hard! I got hungry so quickly after Breakfast. I about bite my husband's head off!

We went to the gym in the afternoon and I got on my elliptical and was sweaty and worn out in 20 minutes! I've been doing between 30 and 40 normally, but I couldn't go another minute today.

What's happening? I can't do another 9 days like today!

I am required to do a pre-op liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. In part to lose weight before but also to prove that you are commited to lifestyle change. I am considering doing for 3 weeks just because I know you can lose a bunch of weight and I have done the master cleanser for 40 days at a time and lost more than 40 lb. I was thinking it would be a great jump start and I always feel good on that fast. Now I know the weight will not rebound with a vengence so I am so excited and committed to being normal again.

My 11 yr old was going through my closet discovering all the "cute " clothes I have that I haven't worn in forever or never still with tags ... she can't wait til I can wear them, LOL me either. told her next spring/summer we are going shopping. She is all giggly. She is my biggest supporter

I am beginning to feel like an advertising for this company but Unjury makes a chicken Soup flavor that really cuts the sweetness from those shakes. I wouldn't eat it if it were not for the pre-op diet but it is better for you than bullion cubes because it has like 19 grams of Protein. They deliver really quick and it is a great change. Now that I am post op I use it after I have had a fill and need to be on liquids. Good luck to all of you.

I am beginning to feel like an advertising for this company but unjury makes a chicken Soup flavor that really cuts the sweetness from those shakes. I wouldn't eat it if it were not for the pre-op diet but it is better for you than bullion cubes because it has like 19 grams of Protein. They deliver really quick and it is a great change. Now that I am post op I use it after I have had a fill and need to be on liquids. Good luck to all of you.

Thanks for this tip! I ordered some of the Unjury chicken soup but have not tried it yet. I will have to get it out.

I have lost a whopping 15 lbs in one week! That includes 3 days of clear liquid pre-op diet (-8 lbs) and the rest is post-op weight loss doing full liquid purees. I am SO EXCITED!!!!:thumbup:

Pre op diet.... The first week and a half I was on a 1200 cal a day diet and lost 10 pounds! The next week I was on a liquid diet of Optifast shakes 5 per day and 1 optifast bar per day and lost 6 more pounds! My surgery is Tuesday Sept. 8th just about 1 day left to go I am really excited and a bit nervous too. Just hope all goes well for me. My feelings are good for the future. Good luck to all of those that are on the pre op diet keep strong it is worth it, You are sll worth it!!!

Pre op diet.... The first week and a half I was on a 1200 cal a day diet and lost 10 pounds! The next week I was on a liquid diet of Optifast shakes 5 per day and 1 Optifast bar per day and lost 6 more pounds! My surgery is Tuesday Sept. 8th just about 1 day left to go I am really excited and a bit nervous too. Just hope all goes well for me. My feelings are good for the future. Good luck to all of those that are on the pre op diet keep strong it is worth it, You are sll worth it!!!

Good luck Vicki, you are doing great so far! It is totally worth it!:thumbup:

I was also SO motivated by the weight loss on my preop diet! It kept me going! Good luck to all those soon to be banded!