Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Mile Challenge

Miles this week total 15.75.

This has been a good week. I seem to have finally found a good combination of amount of exercise calories burned, amount of calories consumed. I also have been consistently hitting 80 grams of Protein every day. I use an app on my iPhone to track my nutrition values and I like it. It really helps to keep me on track. I have dropped 8 pounds since coming back from vacation last week.

Whoo-hoo.

Edited by Jenai

this week: 29.6

total so far: 93

to go: 37

Jenai, Awesome! You've hit the "sweet spot" for sure! Way to go! You're an inspiration! :biggrin:

I think I finally have some restriction. My first stuck episode happened this week. I take 2 pea size Vitamin caplets every morning. Tuesday morning I took them as usual but felt the golf ball in my chest. I was getting ready for work and could only stand and pray that the odd pain would go away. I ended up sliming. Luckily the Vitamins passed through after 8-10 minutes. It felt like forever.

It has been tough getting my miles in lately. I find myself exhausted after getting home from work. I must make myself leave by 5:00 if I plan to get my miles in. Monday I signed in at 6:50a.m. I signed out at 6:22p.m. I spent nearly 12 hours at work. I am down to the last week and I will get ALL of my miles in for the month.

This thread is the only reason I haven't given up. I've said it before and I will say it many more times, Thanks eveyone who signed on to this challenge with me. I could not do this without all of you.

20 miles this week! i'm almost there :seeya: good luck everybody!

Good job Rayne! I will meet you at the finish line.

12.4 this week. Bad week but I've met my goal for the month.

Way to go openag!

I met my goal 2 days early! I can't believe I did it!

Isn't that a good feeling? Congratulations on finishing your 1st Mile Challenge. I hope you join us next month.

Edited by 2911plans

week 4: 26 miles

total: 119.4

Short of Goal: 12.6 miles (which I will not be able to do all of tomorrow--maybe another 6, but not 12))

I got sick from my students and just didn't feel up to pushing myself physically (does coughing count as exercise?!). One good thing came out of this though: I realized that my all-or-nothing thinking would have gotten me in trouble in the past. Getting sick and taking some time off would have eventually ended with me just never quite getting back into exercising. I told myself that I can't let that happen again and that not meeting my goal doesn't mean I get "permission" to quit. I have to break that old pattern (I had to first recognize it,though). So I'm not up to biking six miles... I'll ride what I can or I'll choose another less taxing exercise. But exercise has got to be a part of my new life--if I want something different than I've had in the past.

Isn't that a good feeling. Congratulations on finishing your 1st Mile Challenge. I hope you join us next month.

Thank you very much! Yes the feeling is great and I will definitely join for next month. I hope to get a surgery date soon :(

week 4: 26 miles

total: 119.4

Short of Goal: 12.6 miles (which I will not be able to do all of tomorrow--maybe another 6, but not 12))

I got sick from my students and just didn't feel up to pushing myself physically (does coughing count as exercise?!). One good thing came out of this though: I realized that my all-or-nothing thinking would have gotten me in trouble in the past. Getting sick and taking some time off would have eventually ended with me just never quite getting back into exercising. I told myself that I can't let that happen again and that not meeting my goal doesn't mean I get "permission" to quit. I have to break that old pattern (I had to first recognize it,though). So I'm not up to biking six miles... I'll ride what I can or I'll choose another less taxing exercise. But exercise has got to be a part of my new life--if I want something different than I've had in the past.

Hi Willowcat. I know it has been a hard month. Going back to work is draining. I almost gave up too, but then I realized I would be back where I started. In the 3 months that I started this challenge, I've gained a renewed sense of pride in myself. It feels good to exercise. My family is proud of me too. My co-workers are beginning to notice that I'm slimming down. I owe that to exercising. Let's just take it one day at a time.

Thanks for being a big part of this challenge. We are celebrating the 120 miles you rode, rather than focusing on the 6-12 you could not get in. You have encouraged me more than you know. I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by 2911plans

Well, my miles for September are 47, well short of goal. I am matron of honor in a wedding on Sunday and this month has just not been my own to do with. I am really looking forward to the wedding being over with and getting back to normal next month.

I have a dr appt next Friday for another fill. I'm currently at 5.5 and am going to have a 1/2 cc put in.

I do think it's great we are all dealing with our crazy busy life and still fitting exercise in. It's not as much as we want, but we are not giving up and trying to find a healthy balance and yet giving ourselves permission to not push it when we are sick. In the past I would have still gone to the gym when I am dead on my feet from hosting bridal showers and trying to make sure all the wedding plans are coming together. But I gave myself permission to miss a few gym times knowing it is only this month and life can go back to normal next month.

Also this month another round of layoffs went down at work. My two best friends were laid off in April. This round had my number. I've wanted it for awhile. The severance package is pretty good. This will allow me to take the next year off of work and go back to school. I'm looking forward to being a college student again, going to classes at the gym during the day that I've wanted to take for a long time but never could as I had to work. I currently work in insurance and am going to do a complete career change. I would never be able to do this without a generous severance package to carry me over the next year. I am really looking forward to it. My last day is November 12. 6 weeks to go. I will laze through the holidays and start school in January.

I participated in a marketing clinical trial telephone interview tonight on the Realize Band. That was pretty cool to do and they paid me $100 for my opinion.

Jenai

Edited by Jenai

Total miles biked 60.50.

.50 over goal