Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New band August 24th Kaiser Richmond

Hi. I've never been in a forum before but wanted to share and read other's experiences. I started my process in March. My top weight was 216. I went into surgery at 197. Dr. Judith Park was my surgeon. Surgery day was kindof a mess due to a couple of issues, radiologist went to lunch and refused to do my xray and an emergency came in but otherwise, everything went great. I had to drive back to Sacramento (normally 2 hours, took 4). My weight yesterday was 189, haven't weighed in yet today. I'm doing pretty good, still some definite pain on the incision site where the port is. I can't find chewable or liquid sugar free Tylenol (anyone know where to find it?) so I'm not taking much during the day and still taking the liquid codeine at night. Staying to the strict 1 oz Fluid every 15 minutes rule and started full liquids 3x a day yesterday. I've seen some people with a weight loss strip at the bottom of their posts. How do I do that? :frown:

I am from Sacramento and had my surgery at Richmond Kaiser. Dr. Baggs was my surgeon. My sugery was April 13, 2009. We have a sacramento support group if your interested.

I would love to be part of the Sac support group. When? Where? How often? Do you guys also have an alternative website? I'm frustrated with this site. It has good info but I don't seem to negotiate it very well. THANKS!!!:frown:

hi sheldon5557. I am also being banded by dr. park. I need to lose about 20 lbs. hope to have surgery around december, aiming for week after christmas. how long did it take to get a surgery date after you lost your pre-surgery weight? How are you doing now? Best of luck to you! Hope all is going well!:thumbup:

Congrats! I really like Dr. Park. She certainly isn't easy, but very precise. I lost my pre-surgery weight pretty fast on the pre-diet. Once I did that things went fast. I actually had to reschedule is the only reason it took this long. But, I don't think they'll even talk about it until you've lost the pre-weight. How are you doing with that? Where do you live? If there's anything I can answer, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Shelley

Hi All, I'm getting banded on the 14th by Dr. Fisher. I go to the Sac support group too - Hi Swrktp, fancy running into you here LOL - anyway, join us - the 4th Saturday of the month at 11:00, Kaiser Pt. West. Hope to see you there

Hello ladies,

Im new here too! I live in Pittsburg, Ca and I have a scheduled banding date of 10/14. I am a bit nervous. My surgeon is Dr. Fisher. I just hit surgery goal last month. Liz actually had a cancellation back on 8/24 but that was my first day of work and I could not take it. I selected 9/30 and she called me last week and had to re-schedule...again. I need to hurry and get it over with. I am so nervous.....